• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Gets New Game+ Mode as Final Free DLC

omonimo

Banned
16 pieces of free dlc, the developer addressed almost every complaint about the game after release, and whiners are STILL crying about this? Some gamers are getting more entitled by the hour.

Awesome news, and awesome support from an awesome developer. More developers need to follow suit.
Did you have played it on ps4? Bugs are increased not diminished. PC version is fine but console getting more bugs at every new patch. I said this thing because I loved this game and play it constantly. But the last patch seems has increased the numbers of graphic glitch. Shadows now are broken, wet shader in the ground seems gone sometimes in Velen during the rain (I hope it's not the famous optimization because... ). I can continue for hours.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I can't believe that we have people here griping about this being free. It's not something owed to you and yet you're getting it free.

Heck you get it free even if you got the game used!

Seriously shut up.

omonimo

Banned
I can't believe that we have people here griping about this being free. It's not something owed to you and yet you're getting it free.

Heck you get it free even if you got the game used!

Seriously shut up.
Out of my curiosity, really there are some developers who sold +new game in a dlc? I'm not complaining of free dlc but Jeez.

KiraXD

Based CDPR
rejoice.png

They continue to shit on other IPs when it comes to substantial DLC.

sorry, i love CDPR but... since when is New Game + mode DLC (a mode that should have been there from the start... like many many other games do) considered substantial? sure its free (it should be anyways) but let not start bashing other devs (or IPs)... when many of then already include a NG+ with the vanilla game.

Prototype

Will never understand people complaining about W3 free DLC, nearly every other company would charge for all this stuff. Smh.

Lol why is NG+ being treated as some godsent dlc. It should have been there day1 or atleast as an update not apart as some free dlc package. Like man i didnt even download any of CDPR free dlc and good on them for actually having some substantial dlc and a good game but some of yall are blowing CDPR way too hard on this.

Hypron

sorry, i love CDPR but... since when is New Game + mode DLC (a mode that should have been there from the start... like many many other games do) considered substantial? sure its free (it should be anyways) but let not start bashing other devs (or IPs)... when many of then already include a NG+ with the vanilla game.

Not many (if any) WRPGs include that mode.

Why should it have been there from the start?

Nordicus

And yet most if not all of those games are a mere fraction of the size and length of Witcher 3

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
it's free content for everyone

completely free

for everyone

forever

how people are finding fault with this is beyond me

erawsd

Out of my curiosity, really there are some developers who sold +new game in a dlc? I'm not complaining of free dlc but Jeez.

There are developers selling all kinds of dumb shit as DLC. In a month, MGSV will have DLC that allows you to buy weapons and items that you "don't have time" to find yourself... that use to be a cheat code, now its monetized. Other games have sold higher difficulties, various game modes, extra lives, pallete swaps... the idea that NG+ is unworthy of being DLC is ridiculous when you look at what else is out there.

Itachi87

This feels a lot like something cut/held from the full game to piecemeal out at a later time just to say "hey, look what we're doing, we're the good guys!". All the of the free DLC has felt that way actually, so I'm not entirely surprised.
This right here just proves no matter what they do, people will find a way to whine.

KiraXD

And yet most if not all of those games are a mere fraction of the size and length of Witcher 3

im not bashing Witcher 3 at all... i fucking love it... im just saying that shitting on other IPs for not including substantial free DLC... such as NEW GAME + isnt really worth praise over... its NG+ its awesome (and honestly i didnt even know witcher 3 didnt have NG+ already since im only just starting it) But come on... NG+ is a pretty common thing these days... its not THAT substantial, not enough to warrant "shitting on other IPs."

Lunar15

completely free

for everyone

forever

It's a conspiracy, man. They ripped the content out of their game just to give it to us for free again to look like cool people who give us new game + content for free!

I won't fall for it, CDPR. You're not cool at all! I see right through your schemes!

Name any recent RPG that's not the Souls series that includes NG+

People find any reason to nitpick content just for the sake of it. Like I said before, the way DLC works these days is to nickle-and-dime gamers as much as possible. These cosmetic items and alternate missions would run 3 to 5 bucks a pop.

I value content, no matter how small. I refuse to levy complaints against a developer who've already filled their game to the brim with content on the disc while continuing to add small content for 2 months at no charge to the consumer.

And NG+ is a pretty significant inclusion for those of us who are interested in it. Just because you aren't interested doesn't diminish its importance.

Nordicus

im not bashing Witcher 3 at all... i fucking love it... im just saying that shitting on other IPs for not including substantial free DLC... such as NEW GAME + isnt really worth praise over... its NG+ its awesome (and honestly i didnt even know witcher 3 didnt have NG+ already since im only just starting it) But come on... NG+ is a pretty common thing these days... its not THAT substantial, not enough to warrant "shitting on other IPs."
So any feature that's not revolutionary, no matter if it wasn't completely necessary to the game in question from beginning (stash feature for example wasn't said to be DLC because many deemed it necessary), no matter how much effort is put into it (need to rebalance quests, monsters, items), is not worth praise for adding post-release for free, instead of attached to an expansion, or put its own price tag, or simply axed any initiative since the company already has your money. THEY COULD HAVE JUST NEVER DEDICATED ANY WORKFORCE TO MAKING IT, do you realize that?

Mate, you are not arguing this from the best angle here. The praise for NG+ does not exist in a vacuum. Having a big, costly game like this spit in the face of other AAA titles' monetization, is absolutely praiseworthy.

BouncyFrag

I wonder if Ves will do up her shirt in ng+ since she has been in full honey badger mode not giving a fuck about anything.

We also got a free dlc for new combat finishers. Just another thing to make ng+ a fresh experience.

Faenix1

NG+ doesn't seem to transfer Gwent Cards.

Am I the only one seriously bummed about this? I stupid missed one or two cards and was hoping to get them easy enough, but I really can't be bothered to collect them ALL again.

That was one of my first thoughts, I'm going to start my playthrough as soon as the DLC hits but I'm going to take my time on the off chance people report problems.
Yup. This is what I'll do as well. There's plenty of games coming up soon to keep me busy anyways, so I don't need to steamroll through this again.

mitchman

Gold Member
Oh well, I see a 3rd playthough coming up soon. I love that gwent cards are not includeNd in NG+, the challenge and fun in collecting them can now be repeated!

KiraXD

So any feature that's not revolutionary, no matter if it wasn't completely necessary to the game in question from beginning (stash feature for example wasn't said to be DLC because many deemed it necessary), no matter how much effort is put into it (need to rebalance quests, monsters, items), is not worth praise for adding post-release for free, instead of attached to an expansion, or put its own price tag, or simply axed any initiative since the company already has your money. THEY COULD HAVE JUST NEVER DEDICATED ANY WORKFORCE TO MAKING IT, do you realize that?

Mate, you are not arguing this from the best angle here. The praise for NG+ does not exist in a vacuum. Having a big, costly game like this spit in the face of other AAA titles' monetization, is absolutely praiseworthy.

oh. my. god.

my primary point has NOTHING to do with witcher. but rather people who make comments like:

"once again CDPR shitting on other IPs"

or

"They continue to shit on other IPs when it comes to substantial DLC."

Im defending the fact that no CDPR ISNT shitting on anything... NG+ isnt a "OMG FUCK EVERYOTHER DEV THIS IS IT!!!!!" feature.... its just a feature...

tuxfool

Banned
oh. my. god.

my primary point has NOTHING to do with witcher. but rather people who make comments like:

"once again CDPR shitting on other IPs"

or

"They continue to shit on other IPs when it comes to substantial DLC."

Im defending the fact that no CDPR ISNT shitting on anything... NG+ isnt a "OMG FUCK EVERYOTHER DEV THIS IS IT!!!!!" feature.... its just a feature...

Except NG+ isn't nearly as common as you portray it. And certainly not common in a game this size, and probably something that takes a not insignificant amount of work to rebalance.

KiraXD

Except NG+ isn't nearly as common as you portray it. And certainly not common in a game this size, and probably something that takes a not insignificant amount of work to rebalance.

once again... i love NG+ i love it... thats not the question... its that other people think that other devs are fucking garbage because cdpr is doing free DLC...

im not defending myself anymore... i cant make it any more clear.

NG+ = Awesome
CDPR = Awesome
CDPR+FREE NG+ DLC = Awesome

But none of this is grounds for calling out other devs... stick to being stoked for NG+ and how about you stop shitting on others....

erawsd

once again... i love NG+ i love it... thats not the question... its that other people think that other devs are fucking garbage because cdpr is doing free DLC...

im not defending myself anymore... i cant make it any more clear.

NG+ = Awesome
CDPR = Awesome
CDPR+FREE NG+ DLC = Awesome

But none of this is grounds for calling out other devs... stick to being stoked for NG+ and how about you stop shitting on others....

Are people in this thread actually calling other devs "fucking garbage"? I must've missed that. I see people praising CDPR for giving away some free stuff and wishing that AAA devs would do the same, but that is not at all calling them "fuckin garbage".

Lol why is NG+ being treated as some godsent dlc. It should have been there day1 or atleast as an update not apart as some free dlc package. Like man i didnt even download any of CDPR free dlc and good on them for actually having some substantial dlc and a good game but some of yall are blowing CDPR way too hard on this.

Yes, because if anyone disagrees with your opinion... they must be wrong.

So basically the free dlc is some "EnemyStrength = 1.3*EnemyStrength"; lines of code?

I know i'm gonna be bashed but all this "free" DLCs feels like stripped content that they thought "This is gonna make us look nicer".

NG+ doesn't seem to transfer Gwent Cards.

Am I the only one seriously bummed about this? I stupid missed one or two cards and was hoping to get them easy enough, but I really can't be bothered to collect them ALL again.

I have a full deck and I'm bummed about it in not gonna collect them again but it's not like bloodbourne I'll have my save with my deck still. I just wish I could keep it as I make my way though the game again.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

completely free

for everyone

forever

Not necessarily with finding it at fault for being free but more to people acting like it is such a godsend most marvelous thing in the whole world when some think it should have been included in the main game in the 1st place.

Kind of agree with them actually; it's nice it's being offered but I feel kind of weird seeing new game plus is something that is being marketed as part of this OHMYGODAWESOMEFREEDLC. Just... weird.

dedhead54

Even though there are enough games coming out in the next 6th months to keep me more than busy, I definitely see myself starting a NG+ playthrough this fall/winter. Something about staying in during the cold weather to do some much needed exploration of Skellige seems so right.

Between the quality/content of the actual physical release and all the post-release support, I am so so beyond impressed with CDPR. Those things definitely help cement this game as one of my favorite of all time.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Not necessarily with finding it at fault for being free but more to people acting like it is such a godsend most marvelous thing in the whole world when some think it should have been included in the main game in the 1st place.

1-People arent praising it as the most marvelous thing in the world. They are loving that its yet another new free update to extend the life of the game.

2-Saying it should have been included at the start means nothing to anyone outside of cdpr. That could mean development delayed yet another 5 months, or it could mean they wouldnt have even done it without fan feedback.

3-People complaining are delusional, ignorant fools. I'd like a list now of all the 80 hour western RPGs containing New Game+

So basically the free dlc is some "EnemyStrength = 1.3*EnemyStrength"; lines of code?

I know i'm gonna be bashed but all this "free" DLCs feels like stripped content that they thought "This is gonna make us look nicer".
Yeah dawg, that's how simple it is. Right on. Game development genius in our midst folks!

Hmmm... well, what did DA:Inquisition have in the way of post release free content besides the Black Emporium stuff? And even that came out 5 or 6 months post release.

Meanwhile, BioWare is still charging for piecemeal armor/weapon DLC like the Spoils of the Qunari that came out recently. Whereas stuff like the Wolf School armor for TW3 was (rightfully) free.

Even just beyond the DLC itself, the general timeliness of CDPR's DLC/patches is leagues better than what BioWare did with Inquisition. I mean, CDPR has done everything they've done like fixing the walking and inventory all within ~2 months post release. While it took BioWare about 4 to 5 months to put in basic PC controls like mouse look.

What? Be impressed with the free DLC all you like I stand by what I said previously in this thread.
You think it's fucking stupid, sue me.

You made a statement implying you knew how long it took to make this content and how much resources it took. You made a very specific statement. Don't use the "everyone says racist things" cop-out when called out on it.

So what should I do instead? Get on my knees and say thank you for the free DLC? I can't criticize the content because it's free and it comes from CDPR?

I'm pretty sure I made it clear having it for free is nice but that I didn't find it praise worthy considering the content we have here, and that it could easily pass of as a patch (Things they did before with enhanced editions).

So.... you're pissed off they are calling it DLC instead of something else?

The terminology is what is fucking you up here?

What?

jpd1408

Banned
Just beat the game yesterday. Longest game I have ever played, wish I knew exactly how long I played since the ps4 version in rest mode keeps the game running. Did all side quests and contracts before I beat the game so the third chapter had me hooked since that was all I focused on.

Top Bottom