• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3: Official Gameplay Trailer

Didn't know there is a "big head" mode in TW3.
bigbosssmudge61kq07wl53.png

Joke aside this looks pretty amazing.

2015-04-1015_18_51-th0au2u.png

Geralt has no ass!

I havent played any of the previous Witcher games but that trailer looks pretty amazing. I think I might have to dive in here.

Durante

Looks really good, though the narration and some of the dialog is cringe-worthy.

Chris Avellone should write every game.

Is it just me or is it just a difference in time of day? The foliage does look better but that could be because of the more vibrant lighting due to it being morning/noon.
No, the foliage is clearly better (higher res) in this trailer than in other recent media we've seen of the game. It's one of the first things I noticed.

Catdaddy

Looks great but I think it'll be too long and complex. I never finisher either of the first two witchers :/

Yeah, I the devs did a speed run in 25 hours, so my regular gameplay will be upwards of 100 hrs if I play it that long. Unless I quit after the sex on a unicorn bit.

Denton

Looks really good, though the narration and some of the dialog is cringe-worthy.

No, the foliage is clearly better (higher res) in this trailer than in other recent media we've seen of the game. It's one of the first things I noticed.
CDPR have some of the best writers in the business, right there alongside Avellone.

ironcreed

Banned
I love the whole fantasy mixed with sort of an old world dark ages vibe. It strikes such an amazing balance between the two.

misho8723

Banned
Is it just me or is it just a difference in time of day? The foliage does look better but that could be because of the more vibrant lighting due to it being morning/noon.

I think that's just a different Time of Day.

And you really do not see that CLIFF ? There is a massive increase in quality in the newest video.. and the foliage looks somewhat better too .. and yes, I know that there is a different time of day in those scenes - but just look at that cliff

shandy706

Sarcasm or blindness?
The ground looks vastly better among other things.

You say that, but the truth is that most of the people that need glasses, and that's a HIGH percentage of people, don't even realize it.

I FINALLY got my wife to go to the optometrist 3 weeks ago. She thought she had great eye-sight. As of last week her mind is blown by how detailed some things are now.

We were watching a blu-ray the other day and she said she had no idea that all the individual hairs on a character were there. She said she always thought minecraft had this cartoon smooth look to it, but now all the edges pop as sharp lines.

She's quite literally in awe of how "bad" her eyesight was despite how good/ok she thought it was.

Same thing happened to my youngest brother too. He actually cried (he was11) when he got glasses. He didn't realize how clear/what things really looked like.

Edit** I think my oldest daughter, 7, is going to need them soon too. She asked me if there were baby birds in the road near our house this past week and I didn't know what she was talking about. I realized after a minute there was a small limb with a bunch of small leaves all over it about 80 yards from us. I had to tell her that was a small limb and leaves. She said the leaves looked like little "poofy" baby birds.

erawsd

Do I need to play the witcher 2 before I buy this. I started it but I didn't get far in it.
This looks awesome. Gives me that feeling of skyrim.

No. You'll miss some references but according to IGN the game does a really good job of getting you caught up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
And you really do not see that CLIFF ? There is a massive increase in quality in the newest video.. and the foliage looks somewhat better too .. and yes, I know that there is a different time of day in those scenes - but just look at that cliff

I'm on phone and was only looking at the second picture.

Yes you're right, the ground and foliage looks way better now.

Javin98

Banned
Really? I couldn't really tell as the Youtube video was compressed to hell and back. I'll download the HQ version soon though. BTW, would you put this down to higher settings or optimization?

Does anyone think a 750ti, i5 4690k and 8gb RAM will run this better than a PS4?
Unlike this game is not very well optimized or is CPU bound, the PS4 version should run slightly better.

And you really do not see that CLIFF ? There is a massive increase in quality in the newest video.. and the foliage looks somewhat better too .. and yes, I know that there is a different time of day in those scenes - but just look at that cl.iff
Yes, the textures look better. But I'm not sure if it's because of the different lighting conditions. It's likely improved though.

H4r4kiri

Really? Your PC will run the game twice as well as a PS4.

Okay. Thank you. I am pretty new to this scene and sometimes I do not know for what system I should buy. I mostly go with PC (cheaper more power), but a lot of people said that for example Far Cry 4 is better on consoles.

Witcher 3 for PC for me then :)

That is exactly what I was thinking. CDPR may become the Rockstar of role playing games with this one. I already thought it was going to be amazing, but now I am just blown away.
With GTA V Rockstar has reimagined the open world and then epic music kicks in these kind of trailers are awesome can't wait for the Witcher 3 i only played 2

_machine

Looks amazing and the sheer scale and detail is so much beyond what I expected. Shame I most likely won't have time to play the game before the summer is over, but it's great to see that it should be worth the wait.

rashbeep

Banned

The cheesy dialogue has always been present in TW games, and for me it adds to their charm.

kvn

Did I watch the same trailer? What exactly was "cringe-worthy" about the dialogue?

Raven77

I can't watch this at work right now. WAR ARE ALL TEH DAMN GIFFFFFFSSS????????

I can't contain my hype for this any longer. This could be the ultimate RPG of this entire generation.

lazygecko

Saying "Rated M for mature" out loud with a gritty voice is one of my most hated trailer tropes. Having that at the start made me cringe and almost made me want to turn off the trailer right there.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I found the Witcher games to be excellently written, for the most part. The Avellone worship is getting a bit out of hand. Hear people tell it, he's the only person capable of writing a decent line or two. He's becoming the RPG game Eminem.

Top Bottom