• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Online Event 5th June [*concluded*]

iavi

That's because I think it was. The guy mentioned at the end that they were also showing off their new cgi or something like that.

Nah. That scene wasn't. The bit @ the end with Yennefer's raven going through the dudes face was definitely CG, though.

GavinUK86

I stopped playing TW2 halfway I think, got bored of it to be honest, I hope this one is more about hunting monsters and less about politics.

Nope. The Witcher stories are very much 50/50 politics and monsters. 3 seems to be more supernatural due to the "Wild Hunt" finally showing up.

raebodep

I don't think the CE is coming to canada. I broke down and tried to order from amazon.co.uk but it said it can't ship to my adress. This sucks.

WeskerXXI

Pre-ordered the PC CE from Amazon.uk, surely it will be cheaper than getting it anywhere here in Spain.

Really wanted to go with the GOG version, but that statue!!

The CE statue description is hilarious: "Geralt battling a griffin"

Interesting how a game manual is now listed as a feature. Might as well say "install discs" as well. Some games just have "high-quality scratch card with Steam key".

lionpants

I don't think the CE is coming to canada. I broke down and tried to order from amazon.co.uk but it said it can't ship to my adress. This sucks.
I am in Canada and pre-ordered it from Gamestop just in case. Shipping cost is crazy though (plus duties).

I'll cancel the Gamestop pre-order and grab it from ebgames.ca once (if) they have it listed.

raebodep

I am in Canada and pre-ordered it from Gamestop just in case. Shipping cost is crazy though.

I'll cancel the Gamestop pre-order and grab it from ebgames.ca once (if) they have it listed.

And don't forget customs charges... too bad this CE seems really good for the price.

In that part of the trailer it talks of the Witchers pass so that's why we see plenty of them, including Letho.

Would be pretty stupid to (TW2 spoiler)
let you choose between kiling him or letting him live at the end of TW2 only for him to not appear in TW3 either way.

Did they say anything regarding the impact of our choices on TW3's story? There were some really big ones in TW2, some of them at the very end which implies that the consequences will be felt in the sequel. I'm afraid CDPR might drop the ball there like Bioware did in Mass Effect.

If there isn't a threesome with Triss and Yennefer I'll be very disappointed. At least we got a glimpse of some Triss action.

lionpants

And don't forget customs charges... too bad this CE seems really good for the price.
Ya, I also need to remember to cancel it if it does show up in Canada. I forgot to cancel my Reaper of Souls pre-order from the US site was was greeted with surprise duty charges on release day.

It's strange how the XBO CE edition isn't listed yet...

HeelPower

It seems the combat is slower this time around and more deliberate.

At least this is what I gathered from the trailers.He always approaches slowly.

Ultimadrago

Wait, naww, can't be-

g8jlS3f.jpg

I'D RECOGNIZE THOSE THICK ARMS ANYWHERE! HOLY SHIT!

Letho/Geralt co-op confirmed.

Kaan

Banned
Ok, just downloaded the video of the gameplay and watched it...

Wow, I mean if they can pull this off and have an open world rpg of this scale look like that in game? Pure genius...

Chaos17

Soemone with a good ear need to resume how the discount is working, please for the physical version and I would like to know how they refund the dufference in price between each countries.

I'd like to know more about how they're handling saves across platforms. I know they've mentioned it might be possible with 360 to X1. I'd like to know is there at least going to be a comic so I can put together what I did in previous games? Be nice if they did what Bioware is doing in that they're providing a neutral place to go and create a save or possibly even import it, for your new platform. But a motion comic would suffice.

Those graphics are jaw dropping. One of, if not the best looking games ever made.

Here's what I don't understand. I'm expecting Uncharted 4 on PS4 to most likely match or surpass this visually. And UC4 probably isn't open world like TW3, but still, it just begs the question as to why developers can't get their games running on high PC settings on PS4, if something like UC4 most likely will. Obviously we will have to wait to see if TW3 is severely scaled back on consoles (I don't expect it to be, but some do.) And we'll have to see if UC4 lives up to graphical expectations.

Top Bottom