• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Online Event 5th June [*concluded*]

Kaldea

She may not be around so much but she didn't exactly do much wrong either. If you count her working for the Sorceress you can't fault her so much since Yennefer was part of that as well and did the same things. Hell Yennefer was her superior in fact and could order her around.

Basically Geralt has had to deal with their little plans and schemes for some time, but they always try to help if not save him when they're able to do so.
I may be remembering wrong, but I agree if you mean the Council of Sorcerers. Not if you mean the Lodge. Yennefer really had very little say in the latter since I don't remember her becoming an official full member
by her own choice at least
. :p I could definitely be wrong though. It's been a while.

Also, in defense of Yennefer, everyone was an asshole in their own way which is why I love the characters so much. :D Triss isn't without her own asshole moments as well. I absolutely love (or love to hate) most of the female characters in these books and that's rare for me. Couldn't be more excited about how CDPR portrays them in TW3.

Adry9

The Witcher 3 box art & pre-order bonuses revealed

witcher1.jpg

So they are doing pre-order bonuses. Fuck...

I wish they would port the first Witcher to consoles with The Witcher 2 controls. I have the first one but I can't play it because of those horrible controls.

As for the Witcher 3, BRING IT ON!

L1NETT

I like the box art, will update the OP

Also, excuse my blindness but where are the pre order bonuses (apart from the headline)

I can't see any.... isn't that start part of the CE. Or am i being dense?

Adry9

Also, excuse my blindness but where are the pre order bonuses (apart from the headline)

It could be, in that case the guys at Videogamer got it wrong.

zeox

Seems like the physical stuff are the pre-order bonuses? I'm just as confused as you :S

You must have missed how many awards and online polls this game won, how much press coverage it got already and so on, while the previous ones went mostly ignored by people.

Part of the reason for this is that a large portion of the press tends to focus on games that are available on consoles. The previous games were PC-only at the time of their release, and only one managed to make its way to a console several months later.

Sentenza

Part of the reason for this is that a large portion of the press tends to focus on games that are available on consoles. The previous games were PC-only at the time of their release, and only one managed to make its way to a console several months later.
Oh, I know, I said the very same thing months ago in a couple of different circumstances.

That said, this doesn't change a thing. The franchise will have far more exposure than in the past... not to mention it actually looks far more impressive this time.

I am ready to pay whatever it takes for the CE as long as it dosent include plastic toys. Don't let down the userbase with high disposable income CDProjekt RED!

Hooks

So, In how many hours does this event start? I'm horrible at working out timezone differences, One converter said 4am my time, Then the other said 9am -.-.

Trickster

The Witcher 3 box art & pre-order bonuses revealed

witcher1.jpg

So they are doing pre-order bonuses. Fuck...

Yaaay, pre-order bonuses. Just what I wanted....not really

I'm sure the game will be amazing, but fuck me I just hate the concept of getting more content because you preorder the game. It's a cheap ploy to get a few more people to get the game at full price, while all those who want to wait for a pricedrop feel like they miss out on a small bit of content

Tommy DJ

I'm ready to bet 50 bucks that the title is misleading and what's in that picture is just the ordinary content for the standard edition.

You'd win because that's what CD Projekt has confirmed.

I'm not sure why people are finding this so unusual. Its what you used to expect from old cRPGs that have a bit of depth. Anyone remember the old Baldur's Gate boxes? You could probably kill someone with the gameplay manual in those boxes.

Savitar

I may be remembering wrong, but I agree if you mean the Council of Sorcerers. Not if you mean the Lodge. Yennefer really had very little say in the latter since I don't remember her becoming an official full member
by her own choice at least
. :p I could definitely be wrong though. It's been a while.

Also, in defense of Yennefer, everyone was an asshole in their own way which is why I love the characters so much. :D Triss isn't without her own asshole moments as well. I absolutely love (or love to hate) most of the female characters in these books and that's rare for me. Couldn't be more excited about how CDPR portrays them in TW3.

That's the beauty of the Witcher universe, no one is a saint. Everyone is doing what they think is right or for multiple reasons and tugged in directions by friendship, love, duty or otherwise. Both Yennefer and Triss are like this, it's never black and white.

I'm replaying TW1 right now and making it last as much as possible, hunting down every monster, just using the game to make the wait more bearable.
I love this universe so much.

Tenck

Yaaay, pre-order bonuses. Just what I wanted....not really

I'm sure the game will be amazing, but fuck me I just hate the concept of getting more content because you preorder the game. It's a cheap ploy to get a few more people to get the game at full price, while all those who want to wait for a pricedrop feel like they miss out on a small bit of content

It's a way to get more customers to certain stores, and see how much they need to order beforehand.

In other news, companies want to make money. Who would have thought.

Denton

Glorious PC version lacking any uglyass banner, fuck yeah.Box art looks great.And again delivering goods with fantastic standard edition.

tauke

I remember when I preorder Witcher 2 through GOG and felt that I missed out on the physical bonus that come with the boxed copy.

Hmmm will see that I'll secure a physical copy this time for Witcher 3!

I remember when I preorder Witcher 2 through GOG and felt that I missed out on the physical bonus that come with the boxed copy.

Hmmm will see that I'll secure a physical copy this time for Witcher 3!

Oh man, the boxed version for Witcher 2 is so good.

Terra_Ex

Gonna have to get the collectors edition this time around, very hyped for this, counting down the hours now :)

sflufan

Banned
It's only physical stuff, like Atlus and NIS do for niche japanese games, I really don't see the problem here.
You won't be missing out on in-game content by purchasing it after Day 1.

CDPR clarified that those are NOT pre-order bonuses - those are the contents of the standard edition.

Alpende

Glad I can watch this at a normal local time. Usually events like this are at night or something, now it's at 20:00 for me.

RulkezX

Remember how they teased us to wait till E3 to find out which platform they're in a "marketing relationship" or whatever with? I bet that Xbox One case in front tells us.

*pinch of salt*

Twitter insiders were claiming they're going to be onstage during the X1 presser

Top Bottom