• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Online Event 5th June [*concluded*]

Teeth

I really want this game to be good.

I don't know what they could show to demonstrate that it plays well, but whatever it could be, I hope they show it.

CTLance

mibosz.gif
                
59J1GTR.gif

Can't wait.

I really want this game to be good.

I don't know what they could show to demonstrate that it plays well, but whatever it could be, I hope they show it.
They could show an extended combat sequence. I remember seeing a combat sequence before Witcher 2 came and and thought "huh...well that's quite a lot of rolling."

But there's still 8 months left so enemy AI and animation transitions still might not be totally ironed out.

Teeth

They could show an extended combat sequence. I remember seeing a combat sequence before Witcher 2 came and and thought "huh...well that's quite a lot of rolling."

But there's still 8 months left so enemy AI and animation transitions still might not be totally ironed out.

It's more than that. Things like input response, enemy behavior, control design, and most importantly, whether attacks are randomized will not show on any footage, no matter what. And those are pretty big things.

Ricker

I hope we see the UI...my only pet peeve with the first 2 games was how awful the UI was...it looked good but was a real pain to navigate and equip buffs and all...

Besides that really looking forward to tomorrow...

viveks86

Just saw the teaser. Meh. Gameplay looks generic and boring. Animation is janky. Not interested in a horse walking simulator. Graphics look great, though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CD Projekt Red has given Eurogamer an idea of what to expect this evening at the conference.

You'll see brand new gameplay footage from The Witcher 3, ooh err, and hear more about the board game The Witcher: Adventure Game. The GOG pre-order details for the game will be shared, which are bound to include all sorts of enticing goodies, and GOG will unveil its new technology that CDP hopes will take it to infinity and beyond.

Oh, and here's an exclusive screenshot from tonight's Witcher 3 video.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

witcherhanged.jpgsyjho.jpg

Nestunt

This game will sell consoles. Just market it right. I bet the content is already there. Alongside the general popularity of GoT

Vintage

Can't wait, 9 more hours, I should be back home just in time to watch it. Hoping for some actual gameplay instead of 1 second cinematic shots.

I really hope this engine runs well and uses more than 800MB of my graphics memory FFS. I am right into Witcher 2 right now and yes it hits basically every bell I have. What an amazing team over there. 3 is going to leave jank behind you can tell. And after all those fabulous combat rebalance fixes I think they finally are going to make the game they want to.

I just hope it runs well. I am sure it will I should say that I mean without crazy pop-in everywhere. They NEED to fix that stuff. The foliage mod barely lets me escape with 50-60FPS at 1080p. But then again the engine is using such a paltry amount of RAM it makes me sick sometimes.

So looking forward to whatever this developer does. Best in the business imo.

mclem

You'll see brand new gameplay footage from The Witcher 3, ooh err, and hear more about the board game The Witcher: Adventure Game. The GOG pre-order details for the game will be shared, which are bound to include all sorts of enticing goodies, and GOG will unveil its new technology that CDP hopes will take it to infinity and beyond.

...more 'spacey' terminology? I'm really curious about this.

This game will sell consoles. Just market it right. I bet the content is already there. Alongside the general popularity of GoT
Witcher 3 is anything but a system seller. The majority of its audience originated from PC and that's where it will sell most of its copies. Not to mention it is the final entry in a trilogy of series, which is missing on PS4/XBO but available only to the PC.

JayEH

I really hope the CE is just a steel book case, art book, and a map. I don't like big huge $200 CEs that come with some statue I'll never put anywhere.

Nestunt

Witcher 3 is anything but a system seller. The majority of its audience originated from PC and that's where it will sell most of its copies. Not to mention it is the final entry in a trilogy of series, which is missing on PS4/XBO but available only to the PC.

This game looks so far apart from that first one

It will grab the attention of the non-hardcore, sell a lot, and people who dont want to play games on the pc will buy a PS4/XB1 to play this. Like Skyrim sold consoles (origins on the pc)

I really hope the CE is just a steel book case, art book, and a map. I don't like big huge $200 CEs that come with some statue I'll never put anywhere.
That sounds like the content of their standard edition. Do you remember Witcher 2? Its standard edition had beefy manual, game guide (both in black and white, sadly), making of DVD, soundtrack CD, beautiful map, some in-game-like letter/bounty thingie, couple of papercraft models, and a beautiful cursed coin. All that for standard price. I love CDPR.

Sentenza

Witcher 3 is anything but a system seller.
You must have missed how many awards and online polls this game won, how much press coverage it got already and so on, while the previous ones went mostly ignored by people.

"System seller" is a bit of a silly concept, for a game that is supposed to be on EVERY system powerful enough, but I have virtually no doubt this game will eclipse the previous chapters in terms of sales.

zonezeus

I swear to God E3 and all E3 related conferences have the worst timing ever this year, I'll be working nightshifts during this one and during all the big ones on the 9th and 10th. I hope someone will be liveblogging this and I hope there will be no time-limited numbered edition like with Witcher 2 because there's probably no way I could preorder it tonight via mobile and it might be all gone till tomorrow morning.

Although it would look cool together with my #2869 copy of TW2 CE ;)

You must have missed how many awards and online polls this game won, how much press coverage it got already and so on, while the previous ones went mostly ignored by people.

"System seller" is a bit of a silly concept, for a game that is supposed to be on EVERY system powerful enough, but I have virtually no doubt this game will eclipse the previous chapters in terms of sales.

What a comment.... but just because this game only had one mediocre, it was actually a decent port to last gen, release means nothing. If this can't sell systems then gamers are fucking imbeciles imo. This will sell systems.

It's a crapload more content than any Darksouls game with story simply UNMATCHED by any other game in existence at this point. 2 Makes Skyrim hilarious in comparison when we talk about believability. I can't really put my foot on one thing that NOT make 3 the perfect system seller besides the fact it is an end to a trilogy.

Triss better be in it!

Yep, she has to be. Otherwise my Geralt will be seriously pissed off.

They're going to show the CE but I don't think pre-orders will be immediately available for it. From the wording on the page it seems they'll have GOG pre-orders immediately and those will also have some exclusive extras.

Savitar

There is no way that Triss won't be in it.

She's a selling point.

And so can't wait, time can not go fast enough today.

boskee

There is no way that Triss won't be in it.

She's a selling point.

And so can't wait, time can not go fast enough today.

Well, Triss is not going to be as prominent as she was in previous installments. I can't find it, but I watched/read interview with CDPR folks in which they said that since Geralt regained all of his memory, he's now aware of Triss's lies and deception.

Kaldea

Well, Triss is not going to be as prominent as she was in previous installments. I can't find it, but I watched/read interview with CDPR folks in which they said that since Geralt regained all of his memory, he's now aware of Triss's lies and deception.

I sure hope so. I am not a fan of her in the books.

I hope they show Yennefer and/or Ciri soon. D:

Sentenza

On a side note, I'm guessing CDPR will have a hard time "selling" to the players Yennefer as a character they would be supposed to care about, considering how despise being the "big love" for Geralt in the books she was barely mentioned in the previous games.

Adry9

On a side note, I'm guessing CDPR will have a hard time "selling" to the players Yennefer as a character they would be supposed to care about, considering how despise being the "big love" for Geralt in the books she was barely mentioned in the previous games.
This. You just can't care as much for a character you barely know and haven't experienced anything with.

They should deal with her with Geralt meeting her without having recovered his memories, that way the player and Geralt are at the same level: someone says to him that was his past lover, and he is intrigued for it, but now he doesn't really know her.

As it should be. CDPR deserves all the money for being one of the few consumer friendly developers out there (who also make kick ass games)

EDIT: And yes I know, most developers are consumer friendly, but they are also shackled to a not so friendly publisher.

This will most definitely be a problem, glad I read the books. I'm already curious how they wrote her because in the books she was a pretty big asshole most of the time.

jett

D-Member
Aw shit this is today.

Feels real good to know I have a PC that will be able to run this well. :) Speak of I have to play Witcher 2...finally. :p

Savitar

She may not be around so much but she didn't exactly do much wrong either. If you count her working for the Sorceress you can't fault her so much since Yennefer was part of that as well and did the same things. Hell Yennefer was her superior in fact and could order her around.

Basically Geralt has had to deal with their little plans and schemes for some time, but they always try to help if not save him when they're able to do so.

Top Bottom