• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Patch 1.04 is out on pc

Skyzard

Banned
between the bugged out NPCs or fade ins I'm hearing I'm not sure if I should update or not.

NPCs were loading/fading in pretty randomly for me sometimes before anyway. Even at 60% GPU usage. Didn't notice a difference.

Only ini change I had made was hairworks aa to 2 iirc, my hairworks is off too. In case that's what messed things up.

I had tried tweaking the grass before but I was getting weird graphical issues with it (grass just popping up in patches and vanishing - different colours) but I wiped the file as it caused weird settings to show in-game too.

The controller lock was a different ini that I had changed too actually. Wasn't affecting custom hotkeys (anymore?) so I re-enabled it.

Curious as to why verifying the game with GOG would create a rendering.ini file with texture mipmap bias set to 0 if it's supposed to be -1 at 1.04 :S Might have to start totally fresh but fuck that :p

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
losing like 10 fps in forests is not a good look for me :(. Ill drop texture draw distance to high for now. dont want to mess with ini files. Do not understand how ive lost such a high amount of fps :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I cant tell if I'm seeing things or if texture LOD is worse now especially in Novigrad.

rashbeep

Banned
God dammit. That looks damn awesome. VGX trailer here we go.

BTW where do I get that armor. I want it.

It's the same armor from the older VGX trailers. I think I got it in a monster nest somewhere near Hanged Man's tree. Best looking set I've found so far imo.

Skyzard

Banned
DOF is stronger now? Maybe I had it off before and it turned it on automatically.

More rain though...? I think so...unless it is a time progression thing.

They still haven't fixed the camera pan issue...has it even been acknowledged by devs yet? I guess I'll head over to the official forums...

Itachi87

They fixed the inventory crashing, but I'm getting more random crashes than before since updating to v1.03 and now 1.04. I'm using GTX 970 and 3570K.

Skyzard

Banned
They still haven't fixed the camera pan issue...has it even been acknowledged by devs yet? I guess I'll head over to the official forums...

I'm hopeful that will be fixed, it seems to me like it's related to how they accelerate the slowing down of camera panning to come to a stop faster... it assumes when you slow down the panning that you're bringing it to a stop, but you're not so it does this slow and start when the camera panning speed is reduced even slightly.

It works really well for bringing a spinning camera to a halt. But they need to tweak it to smooth out what seems like a stutter.

LowParry

They fixed the inventory crashing, but I'm getting more random crashes than before since updating to v1.03 and now 1.04. I'm using GTX 970 and 3570K.

I have exactly what you have and did a 2 hour session today. No crashes. Game is looking really good now with this new patch.

viveks86

TextureMipBias=-1.0 in user.settings, like other tweakable options. Switch to 0 to go back to pre-patch IQ.

I'm working on a guide update now that will show the positives and negatives of the setting, and the perf cost for each level.

Does changing terrain quality do anything yet?

viveks86

Thanks for this. I'm resetting it to 0 as I get the same effect from sweetfx sharpening, which also avoids the performance hit.

It's possible that they will add tessellation to the game. Remember the realistic cracks and geometry on the Novigrad buildings in the 2014 footage? I guess the slider would control that.

I doubt terrain quality will affect buildings. It's really meant for tessellation of the map (as shown in the old leaked effects trailer). The slider seems to be broken.

hoserx

Still can't change what Map is bound to... changing to anything doesnt matter......M still opens the map and that's it.

Skyzard

Banned
1.02 is for EU (PS4).

Thanks for updating the guide andy. Weird thing for me, no changes when changing the mipmap setting. It doesn't reset itself either. Meh, looks pretty good anyway - feels like it looks better too, the vegetation.

Guide is updated: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-tweaking-guide#mipmap-bias-config-file-tweak

Also updated performance info for Texture Quality now it has Mipmap Bias mixed in: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...guide#the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-texture-quality

Not that I can see.

hrmm, when i try this fix Andy, and load up the game, texture quality is set to low, and shimmering persists.

i set the user.settings to read only, and confirmed afterwards that the mipbias was set to 0 still - anything i could be missing?

jett

D-Member
I have to be honest, did not notice a single difference with this patch, performance, graphical or otherwise.

But at least the randomly combusting fogs are gone.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
How does GoG galaxy handle patches? Does it just download the latest version like Steam or do I apply the patches separately?

epmode

How does GoG galaxy handle patches? Does it just download the latest version like Steam or do I apply the patches separately?

It automatically applies the latest patch. It's also possible to downgrade to previous versions but just remember that games saved with a particular version cannot be loaded if you roll back to an earlier version.

Durante

I played for 4 hours so far today and haven't experienced a bug of any kind. Not saying they didn't mess something up, but a few isolated experiences doesn't mean anything.
Yeah, I've played continuously since the patch was released and up to now, and I had nothing negative happen. (Well, except for my GPU crashing once, but all that means is that even just a power target of 105% isn't completely stable)

Top Bottom