• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With Dragon's Dogma 2 confirmed to be playable at TGS, what are the chances of a public demo to drop?

Svejk

Is there a good chance, or is that little to none? The demo of the original DD on PS3 is what absolutely got it's hooks in me and has never let go. Would they drop us a demo doing the same, where they just cap it to lvl 5?

Which brings the burning question, how far along are they with this already?? Next week simply can't come soon enough. Already biased to be my GOTY next year... I mean, surely it will be 2024 if they're demoing it already, right?

We need more DD2 hype going!!

Itsuno gonna drop this game like....

dragons-dogma-capcom.gif

Svejk

When playing DD: DA the night before (PS5), when highlighting the game on the dashboard, it displays the TGS stream this upcoming Thursday...

If there a possibility of them releasing a patch to unlock the frame rate and 4K upscaling for it?.. or is that also reaching.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Too early for a demo.
They first need to slowly "cook" the audience in anticipation.

After all, they haven't released an uncut gameplay video yet, so most people have no idea how this game plays.

I'm assuming for next week they'll introduce the following:
  • The story hooks -- what is the conflict, who are the characters, waifus, what is the context
  • How combat plays out with small creatures and big titty creatures
  • The game world -- how exploration works, some locations, day and night differences, small interactions with waifus, shopkeepers, etc
  • The Pawn system and its waifu features
  • Character creation -- vocations, equipment, waifu customization
  • Possibly a release date for the game and demo

Hudo

Is there a good chance, or is that little to none? The demo of the original DD on PS3 is what absolutely got it's hooks in me and has never let go. Would they drop us a demo doing the same, where they just cap it to lvl 5?

Which brings the burning question, how far along are they with this already?? Next week simply can't come soon enough. Already biased to be my GOTY next year... I mean, surely it will be 2024 if they're demoing it already, right?

We need more DD2 hype going!!

Itsuno gonna drop this game like....

dragons-dogma-capcom.gif
Probably not. If anything, public demos are usually dropped shortly before release.

Kakax11

Banned
Waiting for the "Exclusive for 6 months on......." announcement

not only do that console maker love exclusive titles they love exclusive demos too :D

Last edited:

somesang

Capcom loves dropping demos. I say there’s a high chance there will be a demo, probably not until later though.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

Man 2024 is gonna be amazing as well! I seriously hope I get my most anticipated then. Mech5 Clans(finally I'm reunited with my beloved faction(s) in my favorite mech), Metaphor, Granblue Fantasy, Ys X, Unicorn Overlord, and freakin' Double D Two!!! Day 1 for all of them, regardless of any delays or whatnot. My best friend and I have been going through DD:DA on and off for a good while now across Switch and Series X lol, not mention PS4 and PC. It just keeps on giving, so many ways to play. And the new stuff they showed already has me super excited with more physics at play suggesting environmental possibilities for strategy in fights. I still give my friend crap for falling for the blacksmith/vendor guy haha! I got the hot blonde lol, I saw that stuff coming a mile away.

I'll never forget his "Oh NO" during the cutscenes haha.

Svejk

My hype for this is through the roof.

Got the Platty on PS3 back in the day, and been working on a platty for the PS4/5 version of late. Using the time to experiment more with Mystic Knight. I initially thought they were only able to use blunt weapons, but I was wrong. This game just keeps on giving!!

Oh yeah! Just the night before.. not sure if this was a thing now, or a glitch or what, but when in the pawn rift, there was a Magic Archer pawn that showed up. Plus they had an armor I've never seen before (most likely some rare BBI gear). I thought pawns can't be hybrid vocations. I need to look into that, right now actually. Lol

Edit: Yeah... not seeing anything online about that. How TF did that happen?? Dammit, I wish I took a screenshot now. I thought it was a possible friendslist pawn glitch, but I saw it. It must've been a hacked PS4/5 possibly. Only thing that would make sense. Oh well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom