• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

with PS exclusives coming to PC potentially. whats the reason for owning a console now (not named nintendo)

Thaedolus

I’ve been a console and PC gamer since as far back as I can remember. I get why both platforms have their appeal. The simplicity of a console isn’t something to write off, nor is the better experience and performance of a PC. I’ve got a buddy who just spent 1500 bucks on a TV and 700 on a goddamn subwoofer, but for the life of me I can’t talk him into getting a gaming PC. But he’s not me. Ever since I realized how dumb it was to trade in a bunch of SNES games to get Sonic Adventure on my Dreamcast, I made the decision to never sell my games again. I want OG hardware when I can have it, on the display it was meant for. But he’s the kind of guy who buys a game when it comes out, trades it in once he’s done, and gets the next game without looking back. I get it, but that’s not how I roll. I’m the dummy spending $800 every few years for more FPS outta my GPU.

My bro just got a Rift S even though he wanted an Index...but he’s got small kids that are going to beat the shit out of it. So he went cheaper, but it’s not like they’re not enjoying their VR. It all just depends on your use environment and what your priorities are.

I love >100hz gaming and max resolution and all that. I’ve also got a 35 year old NES hooked up to a CRT that my nieces and nephews love to play when they come over, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I love >100hz gaming and max resolution and all that. I’ve also got a 35 year old NES hooked up to a CRT that my nieces and nephews love to play when they come over, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
yeah the idea of sticking with one platform or the other is silly to me. just embrace it all.

ive never had the fantasy where i could play all games on one box. nor did i ever want that. i'm glad there are many different ways to play.

Buki1

Why people are still buying Hondas when they can just buy John Deere tractor that can do all this driving things and a lot more?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Are people REALLY confused about this?

Not everyone wants to PC game; it's just that simple. PC gaming has different plusses and minuses compared to console gaming. The End.

I don't have any of that on my PC because its components aren't top notch. I think I have a 570 graphics card, idk, not into that. I'm not interested in learning specs and upgrading parts even though I build my computers.

FPS do not matter to me, I actually prefer the look and feel of 30 fps. The UI in the PC sucks, it's a pita to play it on my big TV and still use it in my office.
A rx570 is just about the equivalent to an Xbox one x gpu. With even a pretty bad processor, your computer will do much better than any current console. You don't NEED to have top notch specs to best a console in performance and graphics I don't get why people have that weird misconception.

I personally feel that 60 fps is almost unplayable for me. I can't imagine being ok with 30fps :messenger_poop::messenger_poop::messenger_poop:. The UI on PC sucks, but it's what Xbox one x UI is built from? Have your even tried big screen mode with steam? I'm guessing that's a big no.

Are people REALLY confused about this?

Not everyone wants to PC game; it's just that simple. PC gaming has different plusses and minuses compared to console gaming. The End.
What is there not to like about pc gaming though? It's almost like console Fanboys view pc as it's a terminal cancer. What is there honestly NOT to like?

You can use it on a tv.

You can use your favorite controller, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, arcade stick, racing wheel, etc.

Can play every game that's released for pc. Backwards compatibility for literally every generation, plus can play emulators.

PC seems to be getting several, major exclusives this generation.

PC > console hardware wise, and you don't need to pay a subscription to play online. You away pay for internet, why pay even more to use that internet to play your favorite games.

I get that people like what they like, but so many have a weird stigma against pc gaming.

KiteGr

Retail games....
in boxes....
with Disks inside them...
And if we are good enough, a complete edition with all the DLC in a clear, physical preservable form.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Because Ive been a console gamer my whole life and I find it to be a superior level of comfort and accessibility.

Consoles are truly plug and play.

And why hasn’t Soony commented on the horizon rumours yet?

Also. I don’t give a SINGLE FUCK about 60fps, give me 30 plus bells and whistles all day long.

Top Bottom