• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 06•23-25•17 - Transformers snore than meets the eye, Woman keeps up with Cars

kswiston

She was a bit cold on Scott Pilgrim, mainly because she thought no girl of Flowers caliber would go for such a loser (I almost wanted to respond by saying hey I'm kinda like the Cera in our relationship) but okay. I can feel with it.

If we are talking looks, show her MEW's (soon to be ex) husband in real life:

1367709172527.png

A bit off-topic for this thread but I just finished Okja and Bong Joon Ho just went full Miyazaki on us. Well, R-rated Miyazaki I guess.

Super pigs + Darius Khondji at his best + Gyllenhaal and Swinton as 60s comic-book villains + Paul Dano as the nicest terrorist in the world + John McLane reincarnated as a pissed-off teenage girl = my movie of the year so far.

Knives was hilarious but she fawned over him way too much like a fangirl. Dude wasn't that interested in her either. Scott and Ramona felt more real later into the film as they argued in the bar for example. Like he actually gave a shit. Or the scene where he's at her house for the first time.

Calling it now: Lion King will outgross both Star Wars and Avengers.

I don't think it will beat TFA, but Disney's second biggest film ever and 4th worldwide honestly feel like locks to me.

If a good Jungle Book can do almost a billion, and a kind of boring Beauty and the Beast can do $1.25b... The almighty Lion King? Shit man.

The original Lion King was massive, with a domestic gross adjusts to Jurassic World levels (yes, I know inflation adjusting is iffy, but still), the new Beauty and the Beast was significantly bigger than the original by any metric (the power of Disney Home Video), and Lion King has the benefit of a current TV show and one of the biggest musicals of all time both keeping it relevant. Add it all up...

BumRush

Baby Driver is easily the best film I've seen this summer. Don't feel cold on it, brother.

Hell, might as well rank the summer films I've seen

1. Baby Driver (A-)
2. It Comes at Night (B+)
3. Guardians of the Galaxy (B)
4. Wonder Woman (C+)
5. Rough Night (C)
5. Atomic Blonde (C-)
6. Alien: Covenant (C-)
7. Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (D+)
8. King Arthur (D)
9. Baywatch (D-)
9. The Mummy (D-)
10. Transformers 5 (F)

I've been sleeping on it comes at night.

Scott should've ended up with no one because he's a goddamn douche.
He shoulda joined the league of exes and just been dispatched like a punk by the next, more worthy, boyfriend.

Having said that, movie Scott was more tolerable than comic Scott. I only read book one but couldn't handle it. I hated the character too much.

At least Wright turned it all into one damn fun film.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Waaaaaay back when, I remember reading a slashfic where Scott has a threesome with Ramona and Nega-Scott.

First thing I thought was, "Y'know, this kinda makes sense".

Bronx-Man

Banned
Scott Pilgrim is the tale of a buncha 20-something white hipster tools in Toronto that fuck up everything for themselves. And I love it.

Comic version was kinda dickish for a period, but the Movie version of Young Neil did nothing wrong at all, all he really did was play his DS, stare aimlessly at nothing in the middle of a crowded party, and talk about having to pee, and tries to eat a coin and that's why i related with him the most in that movie

Waaaaaay back when, I remember reading a slashfic where Scott has a threesome with Ramona and Nega-Scott.

First thing I thought was, "Y'know, this kinda makes sense".

Is it safe to assume somebody sent you this slashfic.

Do you hear that? That's the sound of WW surpassing BvS.

Top domestic of the DCEU. Might end up in the top 10 superhero movies by the end of its run, supplanting Deadpool.

I think it's also past MoS worldwide.

Korigama

Mario007

Is it safe to assume somebody sent you this slashfic.

Top domestic of the DCEU. Might end up in the top 10 superhero movies by the end of its run, supplanting Deadpool.

I think it's also past MoS worldwide.

#1 DCU film and Justice League won't do anything about that

While that's lovely, WB have some serious problems with their international takes for WW. I mean basically, the movie did ok internationally like you would expect an average blockbuster. Considering the tonne of praise the movie has got it really only seems to have resonated strongly with the US audience. In China, even partnering with Tencent and Wanda and getting its run extended in theaters hasn't helped an awful lot.
That needs to be something that they have to look at going forward.

Yeah, but domestic makes a studio way more money than international does. I'm sure WB would like bigger international reciepts. I mean, of course they would.

But a 50/50 split ain't necessarily bad.

kswiston

Baby Driver is was great. Just go expecting visual style, some snappy dialogue, and great editing. This isn't a plot movie.

John Hamm seems to just be there in a lot of the non-Don Draper stuff I have seen him in, but he brings his A-Game to this. Everyone was good. I have not seen Eiza González in anything before, but I expect to going forward.
I can see why Buddy was upset!

Baby Driver is was great. Just go expecting visual style, some snappy dialogue, and great editing. This isn't a plot movie.

John Hamm seems to just be there in a lot of the non-Don Draper stuff I have seen him in, but he brings his A-Game to this. Everyone was good. I have not seen Eiza González in anything before, but I expect to going forward.

For some reason folks got it in their heads that Eiza would play Zatanna in Justice League Dark. This was all months ago, so I'm not sure what it's based on or what else she's in.

Zackat

Eiza and Jamie Foxx were my favorites in this movie.

I really wanted another car chase scene at the end though, no lie

kswiston

This is my chance!

It's Hollywood. She was probably single for 12 hours.

Eiza and Jamie Foxx were my favorites in this movie.

I really wanted another car chase scene at the end though, no lie

The ending sequence, from the point where Baby confronts Kevin Spacey, to the climax was probably the weakest segment for me personally.

I feel like we have seen Jamie Foxx in a role like this before, but I can't think of what it would have been. I also can't believe the man is 50 in a few months.

It's Hollywood. She was probably single for 12 hours.

The ending sequence, from the point where Baby confronts Kevin Spacey,
to the climax was probably the weakest segment for me personally.

I feel like we have seen Jamie Foxx in a role like this before, but I can't think of what it would have been. I also can't believe the man is 50 in a few months.

He's similar in Horrible Bosses.

GhaleonEB

It had some good transitions, but I thought the editing in the action scenes was a big problem. He went for style over clarity and I care more about the latter. Still liked it overall, though, for the other reasons you mention.

Wonder Woman is still the best movie I've seen so far this year. The worst was (trigger warning, Monocle) Alien Covenant, followed by A Cure for Wellness.

Top Bottom