• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office 12•25-27•15 - Star Wars never changes. 1B+ global BO for new record

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
Joke? What do I care about it's subjective aggregate rating?

You probably don't. But it could act as a reminder that the vast majority of journalists and industry veterans in the world disagree with your sentiment. In other words, perhaps some of your criticisms are overly harsh or even misplaced.

I will not avatar quote!

image.php

Ridley327

It is 2015, and someone spent over $100 million to remake Point Break. Relieve them of their financial responsibility ASAP.

Joy was an Oscar contender on paper, until people saw the movie and thought it wasn't shit

It is 2015, and someone spent over $100 million to remake Point Break. Relieve them of their financial responsibility ASAP.

dont worry, I'm sure that'll be happening shortly!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Sisters doing very well
Great average for Hateful Eight, not sure the reasoning for not opening wide over Christmas though

I can't say much about Star Wars that hasn't already been said by others
Although it is LUDICROUS that it managed to have a better drop on it's Friday than Jurassic World or the Avengers despite its massive thrusday preview numbers

Watched Joy today and I liked it, a lot more than I liked American Hustle too. Should net Jennifer a tidy few awards, can't see it doing much for anyone else though. Cooper probably had about five minutes of screen time in total

kobu

how does daddy's home make 38mil? i guess people will never get tired of will ferrell playing the same man child he does in every movie.

mjc

Complete and utter annihilation. Well deserved, let's see how long it's legs can stretch.

Big shoutout to Krampus too, I'm proud of you little guy :_)

foxtrot3d

Banned
You probably don't. But it could act as a reminder that the vast majority of journalists and industry veterans in the world disagree with your sentiment. In other words, perhaps some of your criticisms are overly harsh or even misplaced.

Nah, critics are simply happy the film wasn't trash. Hell, Jurassic World has a great metacritic rating and I also thought that film was merely decent. JJ just remade ANH but inserted his constant ADHD into all of the cinematography and writing.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I have never seen this type of split

Domestic: $544,573,329 49.9%
+ Foreign: $546,000,000 50.1%

HOLLYHELL. Domestically this movie is killing it

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
it doesnt surprise me that Point Break cost 100 million dollars. There's a lot of stunt shit going on in that trailer

i'm interested in how bad it is, if it is funny bad or what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom