• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woah, not bad. Nice NEW Alien Vs Predator Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil ways

Falch said:
Huge indeed.

Looks pretty cool, even though it probably will have a worthless story.

The story in the original Predator wasn't something to boast about either, and the movie still kicked serious amounts of ass.

Falch

evil ways said:
The story in the original Predator wasn't something to boast about either, and the movie still kicked serious amounts of ass.

That's why I will see it nonetheless. :) Plus the fact that I love the Alien movies (got the Alien Quadrilogy dvd boxset a while ago).

bogg

Looking forword to this one. Alien? Predator? KICK ASS!
Oh and I hope all the humans die. It'll suck if like this one wussy human manages to escape and kill everyone else or something like that.

Bog

Junior Ace
bogg said:
Oh and I hope all the humans die. It'll suck if like this one wussy human manages to escape and kill everyone else or something like that.

I'm not too PLEASED with your name.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
bogg said:

That is exactly what I am afraid of. The humans should just be there to get killed in the cross fire. If the humans end up killing both sides, this will totally suck ass.

Boogie

Bog said:
I'm not too PLEASED with your name.

Yeah, I found a Boogie imposter here a couple days ago. I don't think he'll stick around much though, so I don't think I'll have to lay the smack down on him ;P

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
SteveMeister said:
Looks like many flavors of ass.

Nevertheless, I'm there.

Yes, me too. This will be the first time I'm certain I will see a movie on opening night while simultaneously expecting it to blow. Strange feeling.

Looks good. The Predators are GIGANTIC! Paul Anderson said that the Predators in this movie make the Predators in the first two movies look like pussies, and he wasn't lying. Unfortunately, it looks like they give away the ending to the movie in this trailer. :(

Over at Aint It Cool News, Harry has a critique of this trailer where he blames Paul Anderson for the heavy metal music in the trailer. I know Harry loathes Paul Anderson (for reasons that still escape me), but to critique the director for the music of the trailer, something which he most likely had nothing to do with?

That's simply strange. :\

Duck of Death said:
Looks good. The Predators are GIGANTIC! Paul Anderson said that the Predators in this movie make the Predators in the first two movies look like pussies, and he wasn't lying.

Not only that but they ARE supposed to be pussies compared to the ones in the first two movies. The predators from 1 and 2 are supposed to be like teenagers, and the ones in this movie are the badass adults.

duckroll

Duck of Death said:
Looks good. The Predators are GIGANTIC! Paul Anderson said that the Predators in this movie make the Predators in the first two movies look like pussies, and he wasn't lying. Unfortunately, it looks like they give away the ending to the movie in this trailer. :(

Rest assured! I believe you're talking about the scene where you see the Predators self-detonate themselves on top of a pyramid. That is NOT the ending of the movie by a long-shot. I watched an old making-of clip where they interviewed Anderson and he was showing off tons of concept art (which look AWESOME) and that scene is a flashback to ancient times where another Predator group on a manhood quest to hunt aliens on Earth met with too much alien resistance (screen is supposed to pan from to show the frame from 3 predators surrounded by a few aliens to a few dozen aliens to a few HUNDRED aliens, etc) and hence blow themselves up along with the pyramid and surrounding area. Anderson said that's supposed to explain why some ancient civilizations just vanished off the map. :)

duckroll said:
Rest assured! I believe you're talking about the scene where you see the Predators self-detonate themselves on top of a pyramid. That is NOT the ending of the movie by a long-shot. I watched an old making-of clip where they interviewed Anderson and he was showing off tons of concept art (which look AWESOME) and that scene is a flashback to ancient times where another Predator group on a manhood quest to hunt aliens on Earth met with too much alien resistance (screen is supposed to pan from to show the frame from 3 predators surrounded by a few aliens to a few dozen aliens to a few HUNDRED aliens, etc) and hence blow themselves up along with the pyramid and surrounding area. Anderson said that's supposed to explain why some ancient civilizations just vanished off the map. :)

THANKS FOR RUINING THE FUCKING START OF THE FILM YOU COCK! ;)

Ripclawe

Banned
evil ways said:

DIE! The first had a great story, its the second one with danny glover that sucked complete ass.

yoshifumi

Banned
i'm ok if a couple humans get away, but if humans somehow manage to beat both predators and aliens, i'll be pretty disappointed.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Duck of Death said:
Unfortunately, it looks like they give away the ending to the movie in this trailer. :(
That is the introductary sequence setting up the film. It has been described before. If you notice that is on a big myan pyramid with no snow. The res of the film takes polace in antarctica (could be the same zigurat, but sans snow, so thousands of years before the movie.)

I agree with your other criticism though. I doubt Anderson cut the trailer himself especially since he is "working on" two films right now.

Not expecting great cinema from this, but it looks fun, Ill see it.

edit: oh and LOL at the cut from face hugger egg jump to predator grabbing a chest burster ;) nice.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ripclawe said:
DIE! The first had a great story, its the second one with danny glover that sucked complete ass.

I kind of liked the 2nd one, for completely different reasons though. I have never seen a movie and a sequel that were so different. I liked the whole "action-adventure" vibe of Predator 2. Though I hated the fact that Danny was able to go toe-to-toe with the Predator at the end. Danny should have just gotten his ass kicked and then some kind of way stumble on a self-destruct button.

bogg

Tuvoc said:
at what time does this movie take place?
At the present-near future I belive.
And sorry Bog trust me if I saw you before I registerd I would have chose a diffrent nick :)
But im sure we can co exist :) Or maybe ill just kill u....

Trevelyon said:
Holy crap.
eek.gif

XS+

Banned
Imbeciles, all of you! Both Predators were great (the first being the best though)

Hope this movie paves the way for RoboCop vs Terminator :D :D :D

Tritroid

Boogie said:
Yeah, I found a Boogie imposter here a couple days ago. I don't think he'll stick around much though, so I don't think I'll have to lay the smack down on him ;P
He didn't even know there was already somebody with the nick named 'Boogie' btw. He's new here.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Paul better be filming an R rated movie and not a damn PG-13 rated movie. Trailer's a bit hyper, doesn't show as much as I'd like it to... but it doesn't seemingly show TOO much so.

Dead

well not really...yet
Looked pretty shitty but ill see it regardless, and I hope to fuck they dont inlude shitty nu metal in the movie.

I'm a huge metal fan, and liked the music in the trailer, but even I think this movie would best be served with a more symphonic sounding score. (see Aliens 2 for example)

Only like 10% of this shit is CGI, a big take away from Alien 4 which sucked anyway. They wanted to make sure the melee shit looked as real as possible. So they just animated parts of the real models in CGI that needed it. Like an alien tail lashing through concrete.

Needless to say this movie is going to be the ultimate vs movie of all time. Story and script may sucked, but damn its gonna be a throwdown of epic proportions.

MrAngryFace said:
Only like 10% of this shit is CGI, a big take away from Alien 4 which sucked anyway. They wanted to make sure the melee shit looked as real as possible. So they just animated parts of the real models in CGI that needed it. Like an alien tail lashing through concrete.

Needless to say this movie is going to be the ultimate vs movie of all time. Story and script may sucked, but damn its gonna be a throwdown of epic proportions.
Again, MAF... WTF?

MrAngryFace said:
When I said I was leaving with my first post here I was mocking all the threads where people make announcements to the forum.
So the truth is finally revealed. Clears things up a bit.

Discharger said:
I'm a huge metal fan, and liked the music in the trailer, but even I think this movie would best be served with a more symphonic sounding score. (see Aliens 2 for example)

They said it was a symphonic score. Look at the punisher. Only trash metal music in the trailers, the score was completly symphonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom