• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woah, not bad. Nice NEW Alien Vs Predator Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

MrAngryFace said:
When I said I was leaving with my first post here I was mocking all the threads where people make announcements to the forum.

But... we were happy. All of us were happy. Particularly the hamster.

Pattergen

MrAngryFace said:
I think that shot on the temple is a 'what happened previously' kinda flashback think, if what ive read in articles are true.

Not that part. You can very clearly see a battle between an unmasked predator (finale material) with a human woman behind him (joined forces with female lead) fighting the queen (suggested by the free moving jaw protected by the gigantic bone plate).

Yeah, its been revealed in articles in cinescape that it sorta goes in that direction. They aren't really protecting any big plot points cause the movie isnt really about a clever script. I think they know that so they aren't even attempting to bank on it.

evil ways

Discharger said:
I'm a huge metal fan, and liked the music in the trailer, but even I think this movie would best be served with a more symphonic sounding score. (see Aliens 2 for example)

Resident Evil had a great musical score, so I'm expecting the same with AvsP.

Plus I don't remember where I read it, but in an interview, Paul Anderson said he wanted to keep every little detail and aspect from the original Predator films intact from the sounds, to the heat vision and camouflage effects, even the old Predator military tune.

scola said:
what?
The scenes Pattergen pointed out.

Pattergen said:
Not that part. You can very clearly see a battle between an unmasked predator (finale material) with a human woman behind him (joined forces with female lead) fighting the queen (suggested by the free moving jaw protected by the gigantic bone plate).
If that ends up being the film's climactic finale sequence, then OMG how cliche and predictable can you get.

It better be R Rated.

Even though we know the Predators and Aliens will rip each other apart... I wanna see some Human Limbs go all over the place.

Some Spine ripping would rock.

two things...

1) Looks Hollywood-ized, if you know what I mean. As in, not a realisticly serious as the first 2 films that everyone is hoping for once again.

2) If you watch the trailer, you'll find out how the conflict ends.

The Promised One said:
two things...

1) Looks Hollywood-ized, if you know what I mean. As in, not a realisticly serious as the first 2 films that everyone is hoping for once again.

2) If you watch the trailer, you'll find out how the conflict ends.

If you think it ends with the nuclear explosion... YOU'RE WRONG

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
The tag line is so bad it makes me chuckle. I don't know why I'm not excited for it, I'm a huge fan of both series and I liked Resident Evil and some of Paul Anderson's other work (oh, I guess Event Horizon is about it), but I'm just not excited for this one. Don't even care much for that trailer =/

The music in the Access Hollywood trailer is perfect.

Yeah I saw some concept art on a website that showed what Pattergen was describing. I didn't notice it in the trailer though, I was too busy looking at the creatures and how they interacted with one another. The movie will be fun though, of course there will be shit to complain about but it's an Alien Vs. Predator movie, I've been waiting a long time for this.

The one thing that did bother me on one of the early reports for the film was that the Studio or Anderson wanted the film PG-13. I just want the film to do well so that the franchises keep going. Ridley Scott is still interested in doing another Alien film which is good.

One last thing from the trailer that was really cool, was the Alien claw scraping across the Predator mask leaving red hot scratch marks in the mask.

Tenguman

I think this movie will suck for the lone fact that there are humans involved. They are going to drag the movie down, no matter what.

If it was just Predators and Aliens duking it out....it would rock hardcore.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Father_Brain said:
Warning: the concept art linked to below contains a SPOILER.

Another thing about the movie that could be pretty cool: this cute lil' fella.
Haha cool, that is what I was hoping for when I hit that link.

the aliens always take on atributes from the host they gestate in correct? did this emerge with alien3 or was it a concept already explored in the comics etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom