• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein 2 review thread.

Why would you play the second game first ?

Why are you answering a question with a question?

We can do this forever. That's why it's stupid to do.

Another response to your post: maybe they are wondering if this is a prequel. Maybe they're wondering if the events from the first game have nothing to do with the events in the second game.

What they want to know is if it is essential to play the first game because they don't want to be completely lost while playing the sequel.

The answer is that it is completely fine to just play the sequel.

EBE

really do hope its good. i wont be buying it around launch as i thought the TNO was largely mediocre and not at all worth my $60 but i'll give this a shot later down the line
i just feel like TNO benefited a bit much from being released at point in this gen where there was A) not much going on, and B) the big fps heavy hitters were disappointing many folks (battlefield 4 from its infamous launch issues, killzone for being uninspired, titanfall for being multiplayer only, an exclusive, and content light)

No, ill take 20 amazing ones over 6. If the game is exceptional, having a short lenght is the worst offender, because you dont get to experience its greatness to a satisfactory level. After a sequence of terrific but short games in the past, like allied assault, the original cod or max payne 2, having an apropriate lenght in a good game became my absolute main concern with new games. This is so good, please dont be over too soon was all i was thinking

Don't get me wrong, 20 good hours > good 6 hours any day. What I'm trying to convey is that the number of hours shouldn't dictate your purchasing decision (unless it's something absurd like 1 hour with no replayability factor). Nothing wrong with wanting more from a well made game, but the choice to buy it should be based on what's there, not what could have been added. Sometimes a game's design doesn't call for a super long game. Sometimes the devs couldn't come up with enough additional interesting content and went with a more focused approach.

The trend last gen was to pass on or rent these good, but under 20 hour games. And now in 2017 it's rare to get a game like this. Everything has to be either an open world Ubisoft style game or the next big MP hit or publishers think gamers won't buy them. And they're kinda right, sadly.

That sounds fantastic. I don't have 20 hours to give to a FPS anymore.

Yeah and if the game is really that good I will gladly replay it again. Like TitanFall 2 : 5 hour campain, never touched MP, but I actually played the game 3 times already. Never been happier to pay 60 bucks.

I mean if the game is amazing witch it should be im fine with 6h campaign with some replayability.
I'm just glad there is a good SP game out now, and glad to support devs at launch.

Ruff

I'm seeing that this game is somehow cracked on the usual sites, does it not use denuvo this time around? It's not even bloody out yet lol.

snakeybro2389

Neo Member
I'm seeing that this game is somehow cracked on the usual sites, does it not use denuvo this time around? It's not even bloody out yet lol.

Nope, no denuvo because they removed it before The Evil Within 2 came out and I don't think Bethesda are gonna use denuvo anymore since it's just a waste of money anyway.

leng jai

5 hours sounds like nonsense. Surely they wouldn't cut the average play time in half from the last game, it's not like they tacked on multiplayer this time.

5 hours eh?

https://i.redd.it/p2q1e5lo7vtz.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

21% Level Completion in 26 hours. Seems legit.

I wish I could get hyped about this game. I enjoyed the first half of The New Order (when it was more stealthy), but then it nosedived into bullet sponge mecha bullshit.

[quote="holysan, post: 252854440"][SPOILER][url]http://i.4cdn.org/v/1508957057508.webm[/url][/SPOILER]

JUST[/QUOTE]
wat

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

liftedly

These are my statistics so far, playtime is accurate. Playing on the hardest difficulty so it's been a lot of trial and error, if I played on normal I'd probably be at 50% level completion.

I think the player in the 26 hour screenshot is on their second playthrough or something, their stats show stuff that's impossible to reach with 21% level completion.

Apocryphon

Needs to be as long as Doom. 12hrs would be fine for a game with no multiplayer. Otherwise I’ll wait until it’s on sale and get Origins instead.

New Order was 12-ish hours for the story and Old Blood was about half that. Prey is about 16 I think?

Apocryphon

These are my statistics so far, playtime is accurate. Playing on the hardest difficulty so it's been a lot of trial and error, if I played on normal I'd probably be at 50% level completion.

I think the player in the 26 hour screenshot is on their second playthrough or something, their stats show stuff that's impossible to reach with 21% level completion.

So 12hrs on normal?

That’s fine with me!

Top Bottom