• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II ad "Make America Nazi-Free Again"

Shaanyboi

Banned
That's not what I said. I'm totally cool with the game having a political message. It is the act of marketing in this way that I find opportunistic. Some see that as creative and are applauding them but I'm not so sure I feel the same way.

Yeah they should really sidestep the notion that people really want to fucking kill Nazis right now.

Cheebo

Banned
I appreciate their sentiment and am totally on board with the game, however, it's important to note that for as long as there have been Nazis, America has sadly never been "Nazi-free." We've unfortunately always had fascist cells and it's important we don't whitewash that part of history.
It's different now when we have a President who has zero interest in condemning them and is happy to have their support.

It is a different mood these days. This is genius marketing.

The game would be about killing Nazis either way, and thus the advertising would be too.

It's not a controversial or opportunistic opinion, it's just the right thing.
Co-opting Trump's presidential slogan as part of your video game marketing campaign isn't opportunistic? Co-opting the phrasing of political protests to sell your game isn't opportunistic? Maybe the organisers of not my president's day would feel like this just gives their message more aplification. I don't know. Maybe they would feel like it is just a cash grab and that Bethesda doesn't give a shit about the plight of the average American after they got their pre-order in.

This game's gonna be amazing.

Also quoting this again for the new page.

nazipawnchc7sn4110lsp.gif

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
That's a pretty big, anti-consumer/anti-reviewer caveat, not to mention their consistent patent trolling of indie developers. Again, I want to buy the game because Nazis can get fucked but I don't want to support Bethesda's business practices.

That's not a lofty accomplishment given their peers include EA, WB and Activision.

Bethesda's business practice also includes an emphasis on excellent traditional single player experiences without the loot box MT bullshit infesting games today. They deserve to be supported just for that.

Wolfenstein The New Order
The Evil Within
DOOM
Dishonored 2
Prey
Dishonored Death of the Outsider
The Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus

Phew! Thats a lot of quality single player experiences.

CazTGG

Wolfenstein II |OT| So Much For The Tolerant Left Trigger

Bethesda's business practice also includes an emphasis on excellent traditional single player experiences without the loot box MT bullshit infesting games today.

They're not getting a gold medal from me just because they don't decides to fill their games with the very worst kind of microtransactions...namely since they already have them in some capacity via their Creation Club. I liked what I played of the first Wolfenstein and loved Skyrim despite its many flaws. I'm sure i'll like this game too once I find a used copy for the PS4 version or Switch version when that one releases next year.

Nategc20

Banned
Bethesda's business practice also includes an emphasis on excellent traditional single player experiences without the loot box MT bullshit infesting games today. They deserve to be supported just for that.

The Evil Within
DOOM
Dishonored 2
The Evil Within 2

Yea, far and away the best publisher in the west.

Really nice to see a developer taking a stand. Day one purchase for me. Although, I've already preodered since I was in a killing Nazis mood from what has been going on here in the US. Plus, I loved the last one. It was the Inglourious Basterds game I've always wanted and this one seems to be doubling down on that concept.

Co-opting Trump's presidential slogan as part of your video game marketing campaign isn't opportunistic? Co-opting the phrasing of political protests to sell your game isn't opportunistic? Maybe the organisers of not my president's day would feel like this just gives their message more aplification. I don't know. Maybe they would feel like it is just a cash grab and that Bethesda doesn't give a shit about the plight of the average American after they got their pre-order in.
Nah, New Order held back no punches lambasting the fact that the Nazis got a lot of their ideas from America's institutional white supremacy which was best expressed through Jimi's scenes with BJ. This is just an even stronger extension of those themes.

If you feel as this is an attempt by Bethesda for a cash grab, then you can either not get the game or do what CazTGG is going to do and get it used, whether it's at a shop or here at GAF's B/S/T thread.

Other than that, I don't mind the marketing on this. It's on point.

EDIT: Also this:

The president doesn't give a shit about your average American.

B-Dex

The president doesn’t give a shit about your average American.

Maximo

Hahahahahahahaha...excuse me "takes breath* ahahahahahah.

L Thammy

Alternatively, it's timely. It's more value to talk about the politics of the now than wait for a moment when no one needs to care anymore. It's more valuable to be current than safe.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Maybe we should stop focusing on pointless hypotheticals that aren't based on any reality.
SbOhaBl.png

Art is innately political.
He said "inside." Not "outside."

luulubuu

Did you forgot to log out from your main account?

Paz

Every response tweet along the lines of 'dont get political' and 'damn leftists' made my smile grow 10 times larger.

Vamphuntr

Really excited for this. The last two were great and the trailer for this looked really nice too. Pretty spot on ad considering the political climate right now haha

Lijik

The Evil Within
DOOM
Dishonored 2
Prey
The Evil Within 2

That we got three Arkane games in the span of a year is still so wild to me, even if DOTO is basically standalone DLC.

Top Bottom