• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – Strawberry Milkshake Gameplay

People can stop bitching about the story focus of the game. Machine Games makes narrative focused adventures and have for a long time. This isn't Doom.
It's even a dumber complaint because the writing has been great too, like "putting most other games to shame" great. Not to mention that Wolfenstein has been more plot-driven than Doom for a while.

Machine Games also have far a better handle of interactive cutscenes than practically any other FPS. Frau Engel's introduction for example is tense as hell and I'm not even sure if you can even die there.

Mivey

No one does cinematic shooters the way Machine Game is making them. On the other hand, there are a lot of "mindless shooters" that simply focus on those bits that are just a part of Wolfenstein: TNO. This is okay, diversity in shooters is great, after all.

Complaining that the game should have more of those, to the detriment of the stuff that made it unique (and clearly successful), is kinda dumb. MachineGames made their own beautiful version of Wolfenstein, that is far more relevant to gaming than Wolfenstein has been for decades since.

Am I the only one who thinks the Milkshake Nazi looks like Hermen Hulst of Guerilla Games?

Not to the point where I think it's actually a scan of him, but it's surprisingly close, imo.

bumclot

Meh. The scene with Frau Engel in TNO did it better and Inglourious Basterds did it best. Not that I think the game is going to be bad, this trailer just didn't do anything for me.

It's even a dumber complaint because the writing has been great too, like "putting most other games to shame" great. Not to mention that Wolfenstein has been more plot-driven than Doom for a while.

Machine Games also have far a better handle of interactive cutscenes than practically any other FPS. Frau Engel's introduction for example is tense as hell and I'm not even sure if you can even die there.

Yeah, nothing wrong with a bit of diversity in the FPS landscape. Some games having more cutscenes and a story focus is fine by me.

Xyber

Looks great on the new engine.

The armor implants or whatever they are on his arms is giving me the same feeling trypophobia does (be warned if you do a Google image search, it may freak you out quite a bit too :p). Please don't let BJ get tortured and they peel them out leaving a bunch of holes in the arm. 😨

Kinyou

Bethesda really going all out again with unnecessary censorship in Germany. Pretty certain there's no problem if that video would have been available to Germans, and funny enough, it's accessible on Betheda's UK channel.

'Tl;dr': The new Wolfenstein games have more authentic "Germans speaking English" than 95% of other videogames featuring 'Germans'. Playing through the original version of the games is a great experience for German native speakers IMO.
Yep, Machine games takes great care regarding the voice acting which makes it all the more shameful that the english version isn't available to Germans.

MrBS

This was my favourite scene from the first trailer, watching it here its still sufficiently creepy but I was hoping the beat for asking to see the paper would have been longer, just savour that tension.

Top Bottom