• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus trailer (PC/XB1/PS4, Oct 27th, idtech6), season pass

Neolith

Wow, this game looks pretty awesome. I've never played any of the previous wolfenstein games. Which ones should I dive into?

Anung

Un Rama
I wonder if this will get delayed? Evil Within in October makes sense to capitalise on the Halloween season but having two games in the same window of time just seems ill advised to me.

Not that I want it to be delayed. I want this right now.

The Flash

Banned
I wonder if this will get delayed? Evil Within in October makes sense to capitalise on the Halloween season but having two games in the same window of time just seems ill advised to me.

Doubtful. They said everything was going to come out this year. Game's probably been in development for 3 years too.

Alexious

Releasing on the same day of Assassin's Creed Origins and Super Mario Odyssey might not be the brightest idea, honestly. Different games and all that, but still.

I gotta admit with Odyssey launching the same day I wouldn't mind this being pushed to December where the slate seems more open. Wolfenstein deserves some room to breathe and not be stuck with Nintendo's premiere holiday offering and a new Assassin's Creed game on the same day.

I gotta admit with Odyssey launching the same day I wouldn't mind this being pushed to December where the slate seems more open. Wolfenstein deserves some room to breathe and not be stuck with Nintendo's premiere holiday offering and a new Assassin's Creed game on the same day.

Please God, someone move to November that day. If I have to play Wolf and Mario, my two most anticipated games the same day, I will combust.

Ernest

Banned
That action figure in the special edition is giving me some serious 'Member Berries, recalling the old-school GI Joes I played with as a kid in the '70s.

I'm seriously considering getting that - talk me into/out of it Gaf!

Shredderi

True. I really want the third game in the trilogy and I'm sorry to say this but out of those three games, this will be the one that gets murdered in sales if they all release on the same day. I hope that Nintendo delays their Mario game instead. If not, I just hope that Bethesda won't give in to chest beating pride because Wolfenstein will NOT be unscathed by those two other huge games, different games or not.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Return to Castle Wolfenstein, The New Order, and The Old Blood are the best ones.

Of course the original, but it's not as fun as Doom.

I know hardly anyone will agree with me but I'd pick Wolf 2009 as my personal favourite. I love the gunplay and weapons in that game a lot. But I love Raven Softwares FPS combat in general. The New Order is a far better story with better characters though.

Honestly I don't really consider there to be a bad Wolfenstein game, enjoy them all.

ramuh

" I got kids on the way.... And I'll be damned if I going to raise them in a world run by these Nazi assholes"

So good. Can't wait.

" I got kids on the way.... And I'll be damned if I going to raise them in a world run by these Nazi assholes"

So good. Can't wait.
He says it so damn perfectly. Along with the coiled rage in his "You take freedom away from the American people and you're playing with fire. And I intend to pour some gasoline."

Love his voice work, and really most of the voicework in these Wolfenstein games.

Wanderer5

Finished downloading New Order and finished the second chapter. First impressions are good already, and looking forward to seeing more of this Nazi ruled world.

The Flash

Banned
Uh guys...
jacket-wolf-bjsfaux-dk-front.jpg
jacket-wolf-bjsfaux-dk-back.jpg

https://store.bethsoft.com/bjs-faux-leather-jacket

Joeku

Finished downloading New Order and finished the second chapter. First impressions are good already, and looking forward to seeing more of this Nazi ruled world.

Kudos. I wish I could play New Order for the first time again.

Cyborg Hitler has to be in as a secret final boss.
Has to be.

A want to kill a mecha fuerer so bad.
Should they get to make a third game, expect him there. We can hope!

Anung

Un Rama
He says it so damn perfectly. Along with the coiled rage in his "You take freedom away from the American people and you're playing with fire. And I intend to pour some gasoline."

Love his voice work, and really most of the voicework in these Wolfenstein games.

The characters writing and Brian Broom's delivery is the glue the makes the whole thing work.

Could listen to full audiobooks of that delivery.

CHC

So good. Can't wait.

Dude, yes. That line stuck out to me too because it's just so perfectly delivered and such a succinct little statement of the game's tone. I love how they are doubling down on that perfect balance of sincerity and ridiculousness.

eshwaaz

So good. Can't wait.
I love how he nearly runs out of breath delivering the line, just barely getting the "assholes" out. Makes it sound so genuine, angry and passionate.

antitrop

Hey man I still haven't played the last half of The Old Blood. Gotta do that before the sequel. I've been trying to save it as long as I can, cuz little in the shooter space gets to me like Machinegames (and Starbreeze before them).

I've already played through both Fergus' and Wyatt's timelines in TNO, but I'll probably put in a third playthrough sometime between now and October.

I wouldn't mind going through The Darkness again, I love Starbreeze too, but my 360 isn't plugged in anymore and it never got a PC port. :( The Darkness 2 isn't the same.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Cyborg Hitler has to be in as a secret final boss.
Has to be.

A want to kill a mecha fuerer so bad.

They've said if they do mecha Hitler, the entire game becomes about killing Mecha Hitler. I believe on the page before this one there is an interview where they say he'd be in the third game and it'd be about taking him down.

I wish this was closer to RTCW/The Old Blood than The New Order. I liked the "secret Nazi occult" theme of those games instead of the alternate history of The New Order.

I wish this was closer to RTCW/The Old Blood than The New Order. I liked the "secret Nazi occult" theme of those games instead of the alternate history of The New Order.
The trailer did show some kind of slinking, ninja hopping, wall-hugging nazi trooper. Reminded me of the imps from the new DOOM.

I think we'll see at least something on the crazy occult front.

dan2026

They've said if they do mecha Hitler, the entire game becomes about killing Mecha Hitler. I believe on the page before this one there is an interview where they say he'd be in the third game and it'd be about taking him down.
That's awesome I need to read that.

Zushin

I know hardly anyone will agree with me but I'd pick Wolf 2009 as my personal favourite. I love the gunplay and weapons in that game a lot. But I love Raven Softwares FPS combat in general. The New Order is a far better story with better characters though.

Honestly I don't really consider there to be a bad Wolfenstein game, enjoy them all.

While I wouldn't say 09 is my favourite, it's definitely underated and a really fun game. Love the upgrade system and Thule powers. I was lucky enough to get the game on Steam before it was removed but I hope it gets added back some day.

I will be so fucking pissed if the third game doesn't happen or the world ends before we all can play it. I have dreamed of fighting Mecha Hitler with this incarnation of Wolfenstein.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised we still haven't got a video of the demo level being played through yet, thought we'd see one by now.

While I wouldn't say 09 is my favourite, it's definitely underated and a really fun game. Love the upgrade system and Thule powers. I was lucky enough to get the game on Steam before it was removed but I hope it gets added back some day.

Yeah I hope it gets re-released someday just so it becomes more widely available. Got it on my steam account too though thankfully!

Top Bottom