• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus trailer (PC/XB1/PS4, Oct 27th, idtech6), season pass

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BJ's absurd survivalism through events that would otherwise kill a normal person, and his hulking muscle frame, deliberately contrast his internal struggles and repressed, unvoiced feelings towards the war. The supporting cast routinely recognise that he's basically a living weapon. It's all very conscious and deliberate.

And that he just keeps surviving to kill more Nazis is part of the charm.

BJ's absurd survivalism through events that would otherwise kill a normal person, and his hulking muscle frame, deliberately contrast his internal struggles and repressed, unvoiced feelings towards the war. The supporting cast routinely recognise that he's basically a living weapon. It's all very conscious and deliberate.

Modern BJ is such a good antithesis to your average FPS main character.

Aangster

Loving the in-universe advertisements, hope there's more to come after the 'Elite Hans' one for the Collector's Edition.

I am so excited for this. It's absolutely the game I'm most looking forward to out of all the announcements at E3 this year (so far).

I've been playing, modding, and replaying Wolfenstein games since Wolf3D in 1992. My great uncle fought in WWII; according to his stories he actually pulled some Blazkowicz-level stuff a time or two, and I used to craft custom maps for Wolf3D wrapped with stories that mirrored my great uncle's epic tales.

All these years later, I can't believe we're enjoying some of the best Wolfenstein games to ever be made, and I love them as much now as I did then. Who would have thought.

I'm in for New Colossus on day one.

Firenze1

Banned
My friend is working on this game. I asked him what is better than the last game. He came up with the brilliant answer. Everything! lol.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen

My theory is that Wolf II will reveal that he was secretly created as a living weapon by the Da'at Yichud. That accounts for his seeming invincibility and will play into him eventually using special advanced tech that no one else can.

Pachimari

Okay, so have the developers confirmed that BJ has a robot body?
Not blaming anyone, just wanna be sure since I'm only haflway through The New Order, but am I supposed to know BJ loses his real body in place for a robot body? It's been months since I left the game, and can't remember if anything's happened to BJ.

Ixion

Not blaming anyone, just wanna be sure since I'm only haflway through The New Order, but am I supposed to know BJ loses his real body in place for a robot body? It's been months since I left the game, and can't remember if anything's happened to BJ.

I think that poster was just joking about how BJ takes a lot of damage and is still alive.

Atolm

He has a few new scars. What happens at the end of TNO is not enough to kill this guy. You need an atomic bomb and I think he would survive even that.

This is BJ. Thus guy decimates entire Nazi platoons with a knife for breakfast.

He doesn't have the neck-thing when he speaks with Anya and has trouble standing up.

I think the wheelchair is due to the events, then you kill nazis while sitting in a wheelchair, he then needs to switch to get a working body again, and then game on.

Shit, maybe he uses the suit but it somehow breaks?

So does BJ's new body give him some Übermensch upper body strength?

He fucking checks a nazi in the trailer and turns him into eviscerated cunky gore on impact.
https://fat.gfycat.com/ComfortableCoarseCatbird.webm

WITH A BODY SLAM.

Ixion

I misunderstood what you were asking at first, so I quickly edited my post to not spoil anything. Sorry about that.

-Amon-

I've loved New Order to death BUT the sound mix was atrocious. That's a capital sin for a gun heavy FPS.

I really hope we won't see the same problem in this game.

Don't know if its been mentioned but:

- gameplay opens up showing a chimp with a cat's head attached. creature has ring-like collar around its neck
- BJ ends the last game alllll f*cked up by
Death's Head detonating a grenade in his face
- BJ has a weird collar around his neck in this scene:

Did they stick BJ's head on another body?
It's been discussed

It's likely, but when it happens is the question (or if it's related to a choice like the first game).

It's been brought up that perhaps you choose whether to spare Caroline and lose your head or sacrifice her and you get the exoskeleton suit. Who knows

EDIT: Ah. Just saw your edit. Lol

Bergerac

Yeah, according to Playstation coverage, more Perks/upgrades and options incoming; when questioned about BJ's shadow in the trailer having 'long legs' (I'm not sure when this is/timestamp) devs elaborated that these 'stilts' are part of what you'll find - suit upgrades/machines which cater to the three methods of play - mayhem, stealth, tactical.

Wasn't the trailer full of gameplay
Yep

Is the Collector's Edition going to be Amazon exclusive in the US? I'd like to grab from Best Buy but I preordered over at Amazon just in case

Sucks that it doesn't seem to apply the Prime preorder discount to the collector's edition for some reason

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Can I say that the one thing I really loved about the first game and seems to be fully evident in the second is just how much craft is put into the characters. The way they animate seems so much more natural than a lot of games out there, even some noted for their character animations. Not only that but characters convey so much with small little motions, even how a character looks around a new situation tells a lot about them and something a lot of games tend to not even think about representing.

Jens is on the Giant Bomb E3 show right now

Just confirmed that Wolf 2 will allow you to choose which timeline from TNO to continue

The absolute madmen

EDIT:

Also confirmed: the two timelines you can choose in Wolf 2 are Laserkraftwerk vs. Dieselkraftwerk. Which sounds like more stealth vs. loud

Also: No mecha Hitler, but that will be the 3rd game in the trilogy if they get to make it because "there's nowhere else to go after that"

^^^^^

Also single player only again, which is good and expected. He said they like having the whole team focused on one thing and that is the campaign.

Jens is on the Giant Bomb E3 show right now

Just confirmed that Wolf 2 will allow you to choose which timeline from TNO to continue

The absolute madmen

EDIT:

Also confirmed: the two timelines you can choose in Wolf 2 are Laserkraftwerk vs. Dieselkraftwerk. Which sounds like more stealth vs. loud

Also: No mecha Hitler, but that will be the 3rd game in the trilogy if they get to make it because "there's nowhere else to go after that"

fucking amazing and yeah, those dudes are Top-Tier.... have been really since the ol' Riddick and Darkness days

Zushin

Jens confirmed on stream as saying the mecha-stilts are a type of special ability depending on which playstyle you pick. Looks like there may be one for balls to the wall and stealth styles as well.

Oh and they let's you shoot above cover and go into high up cover.

Wolf TNO is straight up Dieselpunk - but this itnerestingly is also referencing the Laserkraftwerk weapon from the first game (the laser cutter)... I wonder what else will change if you choose Wyatt or Fergus.

Mauddib

Banned
Why do these Wolfenstein games have such terrible ingame facial animation. Even the animations during cutscenes aren't too hot. Was acceptable when the first game released, but looks terrible now.

Edit: Also I was hoping the game would be set in less 'nazi bunker' corridors this time around.

Top Bottom