• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus trailer (PC/XB1/PS4, Oct 27th, idtech6), season pass

Okay, so have the developers confirmed that BJ has a robot body?

Does that mean he has a robot penis? Or is a cyborg, man and machine fused together?

These are the important questions that Machine Games needs to answer.

Okay, so have the developers confirmed that BJ has a robot body?

Does that mean he has a robot penis? Or is a cyborg, man and machine fused together?

These are the important questions that Machine Games needs to answer.
He doesn't have a robot body

He's using the crazy genius tech suit from the first game. Carolyn was in a wheelchair and used the suit to participate as well

He doesn't have a robot body

He's using the crazy genius tech suit from the first game. Carolyn was in a wheelchair and used the suit to participate as well

He's not wearing that suit on the cover. That's organic skin, but with a metallic rim on the neck.

And can he still use his penis?

There are scenes where he's wearing the suit, but definitely not when he is wearing the yellow leather jacket with the Dearbourne Infantry shirt

He's not wearing that suit on the cover. That's organic skin, but with a metallic rim on the neck.

And can he still use his penis?

There are scenes where he's wearing the suit, but definitely not when he is wearing the yellow leather jacket with the Dearbourne Infantry shirt
I'm pretty sure he is. It can dynamically fold and unfold from the head, it probably does the same for hands too

At least based on what we've seen, he's paralyzed (or close to it) and needs the exosuit to operate

I'm trying to find a bigger pic of the cover to look but no luck yet

EDIT: Hmm.....

he's either wearing a necklace or his head is Frankensteined onto a body. I don't think it's actually a cyborg body because it'd be more overt about it. It's still "retro scifi". There are straight up Nazi robots in the trailer that still look super goofy.

I'm pretty sure he is. It can dynamically fold and unfold from the head, it probably does the same for hands too

At least based on what we've seen, he's paralyzed (or close to it) and needs the exosuit to operate

I'm trying to find a bigger pic of the cover to look but no luck yet

EDIT:

Hmm.....

he's either wearing a necklace or his head is Frankensteined onto a body. I don't think it's actually a cyborg body because it'd be more overt about it. It's still "retro scifi"

It's gotta be the latter. You see it in the trailer when he's talking to the "Masses of the proleteriat" guy near the end, it's quite clearly part of his body.

His head stitched onto another body then?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Kinda want to replay the series in anticipation for this? Are RtCW and Wolfenstein 2009 still canon to this new timeline?

It's gotta be the latter. You see it in the trailer when he's talking to the "Masses of the proleteriat" guy near the end, it's quite clearly part of his body.

Guess so. Interesting

Since we see the Frau Engel scene I bet he gets caught in his suit and she straight up rips his head out of it

KAOz

Short bus special

Most likely as they put so much focus on the cat-monkey in the beginning.

Most likely as they put so much focus on the cat-monkey in the beginning.
Good call.

Dang then he's probably in the wheelchair because of the operation, not because of the events of the first game. (or rather, he needs a new body because of the events).

KAOz

Short bus special
Good call.

Dang then he's probably in the wheelchair because of the operation, not because of the events of the first game. (or rather, he needs a new body because of the events).

He doesn't have the neck-thing when he speaks with Anya and has trouble standing up.

I think the wheelchair is due to the events, then you kill nazis while sitting in a wheelchair, he then needs to switch to get a working body again, and then game on.

Shit, maybe he uses the suit but it somehow breaks?

pa22word

Kinda want to replay the series in anticipation for this? Are RtCW and Wolfenstein 2009 still canon to this new timeline?
Going by the old blood basically they're going with "don't ask don't tell" style of canon. If you personally want it to be canon it is unless they say otherwise and retcon it, basically. All the other games take place before bj gets it via deathshead in the opening of tno.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Going by the old blood basically they're going with "don't ask don't tell" style of canon. If you personally want it to be canon it is unless they say otherwise and retcon it, basically. All the other games take place before bj gets it via deathshead in the opening of tno.

So is basically a MGS Portable Ops situation, got it, thanks.

sn00zer

The KKK scene took my breath away. It felt so horrifying and sacrilege seeing KKK and Nazi flags flying in a Norma Rockwell Americana scene. Felt so dirty and wrong and hit like a brick.

I feel like TNO doesnt get enough credit for having damn evil Nazis, which is weirdly uncommon given how often Nazis show up as bad guys.

He doesn't have the neck-thing when he speaks with Anya and has trouble standing up.

I think the wheelchair is due to the events, then you kill nazis while sitting in a wheelchair, he then needs to switch to get a working body again, and then game on.

Shit, maybe he uses the suit but it somehow breaks?
That's what's throwing me off

Like I feel like the powersuit should be an end game thing, though they could easily make you super empowered and then take it away

Gurish

Even after Ubi's show (which was far superior than Bethesda's overall), yup, this game is still best of show for this year.

Might change in a few hours after Sony's party but either way it is one of the best we've seen this year.

KAOz

Short bus special
That's what's throwing me off

Like I feel like the powersuit should be an end game thing, though they could easily make you super empowered and then take it away

I think they will take it away.

I dont know if it's him in it, but the clip of someone using the suit makes the wearer look tired and almost done for.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Looks weird and crazy, but I just can't get into traditional shooters anymore. If it's not hub based, open world, or explorative, I just don't find it interesting anymore. Does this have any of that or is it just a linear corridor shooter?

Newboi

The New Colossus looks INCREDIBLE on Id Tech 6. I would love to hear what improvmenets have been made to the engine since Doom. Speaking of Doom, I am a little disappointed that ID hasn't been working on single player DLC for it (I assume this confirms that a full sequel is being worked on).

I love how Machine Game's take on a reveal trailer was to have a Blu-ray like extended look at the game. I'm honestly ok with not seeing any more until launch, though I am curious if they will still incorporate light RPG mechanics into the game (I personally could do without them)?

The New Colossus looks INCREDIBLE on Id Tech 6. I would love to hear what improvmenets have been made to the engine since Doom. Speaking of Doom, I am a little disappointed that ID hasn't been working on single player DLC for it (I assume this confirms that a full sequel is being worked on).

I love how Machine Game's take on a reveal trailer was to have a Blu-ray like extended look at the game. I'm honestly ok with not seeing any more until launch, though I am curious if they will still incorporate light RPG mechanics into the game (I personally could do without them)?

Ditto, id rather not have arcade like messages popping up telling me I did something towards an upgrade. Rather have to find upgrades through secret areas and have BJ say something humorous.

Looks weird and crazy, but I just can't get into traditional shooters anymore. If it's not hub based, open world, or explorative, I just don't find it interesting anymore. Does this have any of that or is it just a linear corridor shooter?
There's definitely more to it. The first game had several alternate pathways (nothing crazy), you had laser weapons to cut through certain doors/vents/etc to move about

The games are paced out fairly well, a lot of quiet non-combat exploration (there were underwater sections in the first game, though some people hated them) and character moments breaking up kill rooms

It's by all means still a linear game but it's not Call Of Duty

There's also some fantastic environmental work. Areas are beautiful, lots of fun satirical/alt history documents, stuff like that.

If you like Naughty Dog games at all (specifically Last Of Us) I would actually compare a lot of the game's design to that. It's linear but there's quite a bit to stop and see at times

KAOz

Short bus special
guys, look at the last scene of the trailer. He hangs unconscious, while a big lady starts swinging an axe, while the nazi-woman cheers. He gets beheaded.

That's not him. That's the girl he watches in the first scene with Engel.

In this instance BJ is the camera. We see it happening through his eyes.

I'm guessing that the deal with the ring around BJs neck being in multiple scenes, but not all of them is that the game will open with two choices like The New Order did. In one you'll do the head transplant and in another you'll get a power suit.

Pagusas

Elden Member
There's definitely more to it. The first game had several alternate pathways (nothing crazy), you had laser weapons to cut through certain doors/vents/etc to move about

The games are paced out fairly well, a lot of quiet non-combat exploration (there were underwater sections in the first game, though some people hated them) and character moments breaking up kill rooms

It's by all means still a linear game but it's not Call Of Duty

There's also some fantastic environmental work. Areas are beautiful, lots of fun satirical/alt history documents, stuff like that.

If you like Naughty Dog games at all (specifically Last Of Us) I would actually compare a lot of the game's design to that. It's linear but there's quite a bit to stop and see at times

Probably not for me then, as I hated Uncharted 1 & 2, just too linear and boring to me. But thank you for the explanation.

Probably not for me then, as I hated Uncharted 1 & 2, just too linear and boring to me. But thank you for the explanation.
If you're interested by the trailer I'd at least keep an eye on it, they may have gotten more intricate with designing levels but if you're looking for a more "open exploration" type deal it's probably not what you're looking for. It's more of a funnel

Top Bottom