• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus trailer (PC/XB1/PS4, Oct 27th, idtech6), season pass

Decado

What will the season pass contain? Don't recall the previous games having season passes. Hopefully this doesn't signify a shift away from single player.

Helscream

Banned
Wolfenstein the New Order was easily one of the most refreshing shooters I have played this generation. I have high hopes Machine Games will knock it out of the park.

Moff

DCGKiI_XYAArurt.jpg

shamelessly combined these
BJTyAFK.gif

Denzar

oooooooo that's what he's eating!

Might have been somewhat more obvious for the psychonauts amongst us!

LSD, acid and other psychedelica are oftentimes consumed using a sort of stamp that dissolves when you put it on your tongue.

This trailer is so stupid, gratuitous, violent, crass and over the top. I'm so stoked!
EDIT:

Collectors edition
_2119073b.jpg

Daaamn, that looks mint!

dosh

New Order is a much better game so Id start there. But in terms of the timeline it's Old Blood - New Order - New Colossus
Yeah, TNO first. Old Blood really is something you want to play if you've beaten TNO several times and still want more Wolfenstein. It's not a bad game, but it feels like a rehash of New Order, except not as good.

Guy.brush

Looks excellent.
Part of me was hoping it would be more in the direction of a Vichy style Nazi collaborator regime in power in the U.S. so the game could drop some more contemporary social commentary vs. just doing good ole Freedom Fries loving US freedom fighters vs. super evil German Nazis, but hey, it still looks great.

Looking into actual history, I think it is clear that Nazi Germany would not have had the resources to occupy the U.S. with foreign troops, like at all. They would have worked together with American fascists for sure.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

JWiLL

Banned
Holy god damn.

As much as I enjoyed DOOM last year, and was amazed by how well optimized the engine was even with everything cranked to the max, I've never been a huge fan of the demons/hell/fire & brimstone type setting.

Seeing the engine utilized like THIS is truly incredible. Feels even better knowing I'll be able to push all the bells and whistles up with my 1070.

Day One without question.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Man that trailer was so good. The graphics and gunplay seems like a huge step up over the first.

Story looks promising too. I loved that about the first. You think BJ Blaskowicz is a generic meathead but hes more philosophical than most characters in video games.

"The old and the weak are doomed"

Straight chills. I can already tell the writing will be top notch again

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Looks excellent.
Part of me was hoping it would be more in the direction of a Vichy style Nazi collaborator regime in power in the U.S. so the game could drop some more contemporary social commentary vs. just doing good ole Freedom Fries loving US freedom fighters vs. super evil German Nazis, but hey, it still looks great.

Looking into actual history, I think it is clear that Nazi Germany would not have had the resources to occupy the U.S. with foreign troops, like at all. They would have worked together with American fascists for sure.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

I'm sure the giant fire breathing machine dogs and Nazi cyborg killing machines helped

KAOz

Short bus special
Rewatched it and saw some sweet little details.

Beginning of the game will be spent riding conveyer-belts and crawl due to legs not working.

Also, wondering if there is a split timeline again? Like one you can choose.
Because when Engel talks, the nazi behind her is holding a guy with a beard. (Commander from TNO?)

Next clip of her when they wield the axe, it looks like hallucinogenic-dude being held instead of him.

Sorry if it's been discussed.

Also; is that the voices of Peter Stormare and Woody Harrelson in there?

uocooper

What will the season pass contain? Don't recall the previous games having season passes. Hopefully this doesn't signify a shift away from single player.

Is this normal now for games to sell a deluxe edition but not provide any details what makes it different from the standard edition other than to say it has a season pass? A season pass to what? I mean we can guess about things but it seems odd.

I wasn't really into Doom. But TNO is top 5 best shooters this gen. My hype levels are maximized for this game. I love the tone they seem to be going this time. Picket fence America co-opted by Nazi propaganda. Destroying Nazi makes Wolf II the most woke game of 2017.

Fotos

Ahh, the ole "lololol i wuz only pretenting to be a asshole jokes on u" defense

?

Two of them literally have nazi's as their profile picture and one is that cartoon jew thing thats always on 4chan.

You actually think those are serious people and not just some trolls on 4chan?

Gattsu25

Banned
?

Two of them literally have nazi's as their profile picture and one is that cartoon jew thing thats always on 4chan.

You actually think those are serious people and not just some trolls on 4chan?

You seem to misunderstand my comment. I'm saying that even the 'trolls' are still shitty people.

Edit: Pretending to be an asshole has the same net effect as being an asshole. It's just a rationalization that people use in order to not take responsibility for their actions.

Venuspower

Day 1 for me. Looking really fantastic.
I am not sure yet, if I am going the buy the standard or collectors edition.
I have to figure out what other games are comming this year that I am going to buy.

Top Bottom