• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

JayEH

Never again will I pre-order a game from the psn store. I'm pretty ticked off right now that I wasted $53.99 on this game. I should have known. I thought I was getting a deal but when something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

You should play the game before making statements like that.

MattyG

Banned
I'm still hyped as fuck for this, bad impressions be damned. I love the alternate history setting, the gunplay looks excellent, and the story has potential. As long as it isn't a total trainwreck, I'll probably really like it. Guess I'll see come tuesday!

Fairly standard practice these days.
Yeah, people seem to get worried about this a lot lately when, in actuality, there are more games with release date embargo than without. It happens all the time, witg good games and bad games. It's no indication of it's quality.

It always amazes me to see how easily influenced people are. If I didn't make decisions for myself I'd have missed out on countless games I ended up loving.

antitrop

I'm still hyped as fuck for this, bad impressions be damned. I love the alternate history setting, the gunplay looks excellent, and the story has potential. As long as it isn't a total trainwreck, I'll probably really like it. Guess I'll see come tuesday!
This is me. I need a game like this right now and the trailers tickled my fancy. Gameplay I've seen on YouTube has been looking good, as well.

Based on the plethora of contradictory comments in this thread, trailers and streams...I've seen what I need to see and I've heard what I need to hear, this game looks awesome.

Pre-ordered. Bring on this and Transistor for a well-balanced breakfast come Tuesday.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Yeah looks like Doom 3 clone...at least you will have a lot of fun if you like to crawl in vent systems (-horror factor) ........
I enjoyed quite a lot Doom 3. If they keep the mood and the gameplay on this, I'm good.

I still doesn't own a PS4 and my PC has a old VGA (GT 9500) and won't play smooth, so I'm afraid to purchase on the PS3 and still doesn't have a PS4 to play Doom [4] beta, and if I purchase on the PC, I will be stuck to play...

JLeack

Banned
I don't rly know where to start.................oh boy.....

1. Story : was so blunt & boring that soon became a bad joke & you want to skip every cut scene a soon as it starts.
2. Graphic is damn bad in this game....popup textures all over the place , washed out textures , fov settings that will make your eyes bleed after few hours of playing. Clunky frame rate from time to time.Narrowed corridor shooter .
3.Game play: I got feeling that I'm playing bad copy of HL2 , Doom3 & Fear true the all game.They just copy elements from this games & trowed in one package.
-Stealth implementation was worst I saw this generation , buggy AI from time to time , sometimes they see you with their backs turned to you , sometimes you dance in front of their faces & they don't react at all.
-Shooting mechanics also are damn terrible.Aiming is good but gunplay is not satisfactory at all.You don't have that feeling that you did something grate when killing enemy's.
-Also cover & lean implementation sucks hard.They can shoot you thru walls & when you lean to shoot from cover they will also shoot you.WTF they thinking when implementing this.Cover that don't works ? useless lean that don't work's.
-Perk system is damn bad implemented.......no points to spend , no choice of upgrading guns.

I can go on & on......but this game don't deserve a Wolfenstein name in the title at all.

This post has to be a joke.

Levyne

Banned
Q7OGkBq.gif

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
You know, I like Doom and Wolfenstein just because shooting demons/nazis is fun. Doom bring us an awesome level design and lots of enemies on one screen, Wolfenstein was the first step into that. If they kept the fun in shooting and the level design, I'm in.

Reading all these comments... I thought... that the game was bad... because... everyone was saying that they were... disappointed.

However... just one guy... didn't like it...?

Really... Gaf?

Really..................?

Deadbeat

Banned
The thing is we had people saying how dead space 3 was ok and everything was overblown. That was a lie. On the other side we have people saying the game is shit where the probability of that is nil.

So much freaking out over one guys opinion of the last gen version of the game. I advise everyone calm down.

Question: can you change difficulty mid game or does it lock you in for the duration?

JLeack

Banned
Reading all these comments... I thought... that the game was bad... because... everyone was saying that they were... disappointed.

However... just one guy... didn't like it...?

Really... Gaf?

Really..................?

And he played it on Xbox 360.

I mean, come on.

So much freaking out over one guys opinion of the last gen version of the game. I advise everyone calm down.

Question: can you change difficulty mid game or does it lock you in for the duration?

You can change it whenever you want. And you might. This game is hardddd.

Based on the plethora of contradictory comments in this thread, trailers and streams...I've seen what I need to see and I've heard what I need to hear, this game looks awesome.

Pre-ordered. Bring on this and Transistor for a well-balanced breakfast come Tuesday.

Same for me. Can't wait for both of these to drop. I hope that they will be available soon after midnight.

I have read most of this thread and im still excited that I pre-ordered this game. I cant wait to play this tomorrow and Transistor. Hopefully steam releases one of these games at midnight. *fingers crossed*

1. Story : was so blunt & boring that soon became a bad joke & you want to skip every cut scene a soon as it starts.
2. Graphic is damn bad in this game....popup textures all over the place , washed out textures , fov settings that will make your eyes bleed after few hours of playing. Clunky frame rate from time to time.Narrowed corridor shooter .
3.Game play: I got feeling that I'm playing bad copy of HL2 , Doom3 & Fear true the all game.They just copy elements from this games & trowed in one package.
-Stealth implementation was worst I saw this generation , buggy AI from time to time , sometimes they see you with their backs turned to you , sometimes you dance in front of their faces & they don't react at all.
-Shooting mechanics also are damn terrible.Aiming is good but gunplay is not satisfactory at all.You don't have that feeling that you did something grate when killing enemy's.
-Also cover & lean implementation sucks hard.They can shoot you thru walls & when you lean to shoot from cover they will also shoot you.WTF they thinking when implementing this.Cover that don't works ? useless lean that don't work's.
-Perk system is damn bad implemented.......no points to spend , no choice of upgrading guns.

I can go on & on......but this game don't deserve a Wolfenstein name in the title at all.

This is the post everyone's upset about? Oh Neogaf..................................................................

Drewfonse

-Stealth implementation was worst I saw this generation , buggy AI from time to time , sometimes they see you with their backs turned to you ,sometimes you dance in front of their faces & they don't react at all.

Wait, there's DANCING in this game? Oh Machine Games.

Pre-order NOT cancelled.

Levyne

Banned
pre ordered this and waiting to play on Tuesday after work :D

Believe it or not Wolfenstein 3D was my 1st FPS.... ahhh nostalgia

My childhood was (not in order) Doom, Wolfenstein, Duke, Hexen, Blake Stone, Rise of the Triad. Then I got into RPGs have have only recently gotten back into FPS games the last two years or so.

Top Bottom