• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Ja. Lot more outdoor areas, and the indoor ones become more expansive.

And that sounds like some of the most hyperbolish hyperbole I've read on this forum so please expand :p

Well, I've been traveling a linear path from section to section. I'm not seeing much in the way of exploration or open areas. Not hyperbole at all, it's just not a very open game from my playtime thus far.

jrcbandit

I was considering preordering from GMG but not after hearing these impressions. There is absolutely no way this game could be as bad as Duke Nukem and Aliens Colonial Marines, but hype definitely deflated.

You have me second guessing my purchase.

I mean, it's 48.00 after the Best Buy unlocked gamers club AND comes with a 20.00 gift card and I'm still considering canceling.

If you wind up agreeing with his opinion, that would mean you're paying 28 dollars for a good 7 hour oldschool shooter. With another 7 mediocre hours after that you can play if you want to. Most shooter campaigns these days are shorter than that.

Mask

not at all

Difference is that this game start's bad & going downhill every new chapter.
Rage compared to this bullshit was fucking AAA game

Eh, I'd rather judge the game for myself. Too many times have I trusted reviews, then later found the game to be decent.

I got a fair amount of fun out of Rambo the Video Game, and that wasn't exactly well liked.

imjust1n

Banned
Even if people are saying this a bad game still going to buy....same with Watch Dogs dont care about your leaked reviews my opinion.
Thanks for the heads up tho.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the game .....WOW........can't decide what game was worst fps this generation......Duke Nukem , Colonial Marines or Wolefenstein : New order.
And YES ...THAT BAD IS THIS GAME.
not at all

Difference is that this game start's bad & going downhill every new chapter.
Rage compared to this bullshit was fucking AAA game
Would you consider elaborating on your feelings, sans the expansive ellipses?

SeanR1221

If you wind up agreeing with his opinion, that would mean you're paying 28 dollars for a good 7 hour oldschool shooter. With another 7 mediocre hours after that you can play if you want to. Most shooter campaigns these days are shorter than that.

I'd be paying 48 not 28 ;). Sorry I never count the gift card into the total purchase. My bank account will have 48 less dollars in it.

Mman235

Well, I've been traveling a linear path from section to section. I'm not seeing much in the way of exploration or open areas. Not hyperbole at all, it's just not a very open game from my playtime thus far.

They're hardly non-linear but the Metro games have secrets for exploring and various areas have alternative routes to go through, which is more than can be said for most modern FPS.

komplanen

I always curse the fact that games release on fridays here in EU but at least I will have three days to read GAF opinions before I buy the game :)

It's a linear, story based game but the areas themselves do get larger and more open as you go along.

DragonNC

I don't rly know where to start.................oh boy.....

1. Story : was so blunt & boring that soon became a bad joke & you want to skip every cut scene a soon as it starts.
2. Graphic is damn bad in this game....popup textures all over the place , washed out textures , fov settings that will make your eyes bleed after few hours of playing. Clunky frame rate from time to time.Narrowed corridor shooter .
3.Game play: I got feeling that I'm playing bad copy of HL2 , Doom3 & Fear true the all game.They just copy elements from this games & trowed in one package.
-Stealth implementation was worst I saw this generation , buggy AI from time to time , sometimes they see you with their backs turned to you , sometimes you dance in front of their faces & they don't react at all.
-Shooting mechanics also are damn terrible.Aiming is good but gunplay is not satisfactory at all.You don't have that feeling that you did something grate when killing enemy's.
-Also cover & lean implementation sucks hard.They can shoot you thru walls & when you lean to shoot from cover they will also shoot you.WTF they thinking when implementing this.Cover that don't works ? useless lean that don't work's.
-Perk system is damn bad implemented.......no points to spend , no choice of upgrading guns.

I can go on & on......but this game don't deserve a Wolfenstein name in the title at all.

TheCloser

Banned
Never again will I pre-order a game from the psn store. I'm pretty ticked off right now that I wasted $53.99 on this game. I should have known. I thought I was getting a deal but when something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

ElRenoRaven

Well glad I'm taking a wait and see. MS not having preloading is saving me. I'll wait for reviews. I'm going to be sad though if it's another turd. That'll be two turds in a row for this franchise. :(

sjay1994

Never heard of it.

Really? Bastion guys new Sci-fi Action RPG.

Comes out the same day as new order. Its 20 bucks. Looks good.

I think I need to wait on new order reviews, have the game pre ordered. Hell the only thing that would make me cancel is 0-60 average.

1. Story : was so blunt & boring that soon became a bad joke & you want to skip every cut scene a soon as it starts.
2. Graphic is damn bad in this game....popup textures all over the place , washed out textures , fov settings that will make your eyes bleed after few hours of playing. Clunky frame rate from time to time.Narrowed corridor shooter .
3.Game play: I got feeling that I'm playing bad copy of HL2 , Doom3 & Fear true the all game.They just copy elements from this games & trowed in one package.
-Stealth implementation was worst I saw this generation , buggy AI from time to time , sometimes they see you with their backs turned to you , sometimes you dance in front of their faces & they don't react at all.
-Shooting mechanics also are damn terrible.Aiming is good but gunplay is not satisfactory at all.You don't have that feeling that you did something grate when killing enemy's.
-Also cover & lean implementation sucks hard.They can shoot you thru walls & when you lean to shoot from cover they will also shoot you.WTF they thinking when implementing this.Cover that don't works ? useless lean that don't work's.
-Perk system is damn bad implemented.......no points to spend , no choice of upgrading guns.

I can go on & on......but this game don't deserve a Wolfenstein name in the title at all.

This post is making my eyes bleed.

Are you playing on 360/PS3?

Never again will I pre-order a game from the psn store. I'm pretty ticked off right now that I wasted $53.99 on this game. I should have known. I thought I was getting a deal but when something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

You are panicking because one guy is really negative about the game.

Wait till you play it before you lose your mind. We have positive impressions too.

You sound like the kind of person I would disagree with. Good to know..................,.............,.........,.....lol

Wait till you play it before you lose your mind. We have positive impressions too.
There are people who will rant about hating any game.

Half life 2 - these vehicle sections are damn boring ....... .. The characters talk all the damn time .......... Etc.

Amount of reliance on completely subjective opinions in this thread is absolutely ridiculous. People here behave like they're gonna buy their last game in lifetime.

ElRenoRaven

They broke street date on several versions of the game.

He probably doesn't have a PS4/XBO/gaming PC if he's playing on 360. Never the less it does explain the atrocious graphics / texture pop comments.

Yup it actually does. Could also explain some of the other issues he had too. Course who knows. It could totally suck. The embargo being right up to the last possible second does worry me. If they had something truly amazing you'd think they'd wanna show it off and get the great reviews out there.

zorbsie

I feel like I've been playing a different game than you DragonNC. Could not disagree more with your list. I will say sometimes the stealth is wonky. If I stand up everyone sees me. lol. But I've been having a blast with this game. Shooting is probably the best part of it. Different strokes I guess.

I don't see why some of us are being impatient with pre-orders just because one or two users were disappointed. There are too many variables to consider at the moment, and definitely not enough impressions upon which to form a consensus (and I never count industry reviews, just what folks say here). Wait and see, I say.

xBladeM6x

olNt0a7.gif

This picture killed me. I'm keeping my pre-order down though. I want that DOOM Beta on PC, and I still like mediocre FPS games from time to time, so if it turns out this is mediocre, at least it'll be a shiny turd where I can be...

comment_Vdx3sstyI4KkpQDyMBWOktDnvpHXhPMS.gif

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I don't see how this point can be true from all the footage I've seen. The feedback seems to be fantastic.

Virzeth

Never again will I pre-order a game from the psn store. I'm pretty ticked off right now that I wasted $53.99 on this game.
You didn't. Not yet, at least, not until you've tried the game and decided that you didn't like it.
I should have known. I thought I was getting a deal but when something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Known what, that someone could dislike something? Yep, agreed.

preload cancelled

thanks Elzar

Pre-order recancelled

I blame Elzar

Pre-order cancelled

Dude.
oyJRTm6.gif

luka

Loves Robotech S1

what am i even looking at here?

xBladeM6x

I don't see how this point can be true from all the footage I've seen. The feedback seems to be fantastic.

If anything the gun play seems awesome, but that's just from my perspective. I don't know how it could "suck". Also, if OP is playing this on anything other than PC, then his graphical fidelity complaint falls of deaf ears with me.

Jobbs

Banned

Yeah, people are very jumpy and let others influence them. All I really want is a bloody splatterfest with nazis, and I'm almost certain it'll deliver that. Keeping preorder and "beastridering" the game...

Once upon a time a game called "Golden Axe: Beastrider" was coming out. It looked like maybe it'd be okay, but I wasn't sure, so I decided to play it without reading impressions, scores, or reviews of any kind.

While I ultimately decided it was kinda bad, going in completely uncolored definitely makes the experience different. You may be surprised how it affects the feel of the game if you genuinely have no idea whether it's "supposed" to be good or bad.

Top Bottom