• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

seph1roth

Well I guess it depends on what you class as 'recent technology' as it was made with UE3 and it's 90s in design.

A lot of people told me that Metro LL is the best option for a different kind of FPS game but, i tryied 2033 and was boring as sh**, and with a horrible level design and a horrible gunplay, at least is difficult in hardest mode.

scitek

This thread today has deflated my hype for the game. Still will wait on reviews though before deciding.
If I went by reviews, I never would've played Syndicate, which I really like
A lot of people told me that Metro LL is the best option for a different kind of FPS game but, i tryied 2033 and was boring as sh**, and with a horrible level design and a horrible gunplay, at least is difficult in hardest mode.
I thought Last Light was way better than 2033.

KePoW

Banned

2033 is different than LL

LL is a much better game, I wouldn't bother trying 2033 nowdays.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Reviews and impressions are constantly telling me silly things like "COD is great" and "Sniper Elite V2 isn't dog shit" or "RE6 is dog shit" so I can't really go by those.

I still think 2033 is a much better game than Last Light but most people disagree. They're structured differently and Last Light is much more action oriented so disliking one doesn't mean you won't like the other. Both are pretty good, interesting games.

seph1roth

Yeah, people said that LL is way better than 2033, better stealth, better gunplay but it has the same shittier lvl design as 2033.

yeah, i know i'm a fan of good lvl designs.

How is the level design shit? Both games have open environments, including the indoor areas which more often than not have multiple pathways. One of the missions towards the end of 2033 where all three factions are in play is one of my favorite in any FPS.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah, people said that LL is way better than 2033, better stealth, better gunplay but it has the same shittier lvl design as 2033.

yeah, i know i'm a fan of good lvl designs.

I don't know what you're talking about with LL having shitty level designs. Definitely not IMO.

misho8723

Banned
Most games have a poor second half anyway.

I can't remember the last time I played a game where the second half was stronger than the first.

EDIT: Ha, there's currently a thread about this.

Well, i liked the second half of Metro LL more than the first.. not saying the first half was bad or anything, but the second was definitely better .. and Metro LL is still the best FPS game from the last 10 years for me

tasos

Where do you insert the Doom beta key ? There's no place to do it in the site ....is it because the game isn't released yet ?

DieH@rd

Banned
Where do you insert the Doom beta key ? There's no place to do it in the site ....is it because the game isn't released yet ?

Yes, keys will be redeemable only after Zenimax provides more details about Doom 4. Hopefully they will unveil that game at E3.

DukeBobby

Well, i liked the second half of Metro LL more than the first.. not saying the first half was bad or anything, but the second was definitely better .. and Metro LL is still the best FPS game from the last 10 years for me

Now that I think about it, I agree.

I know a lot of people hated the second half (too many outdoor sections, awful boss fights), but I loved it. Well, boss fights aside, of course.

Dawg

anyone got a clue how to open the big red door in chapter 1? There's a secret behind it and the only hint are some posters saying only uberwacht can enter

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
How is the level design shit? Both games have open environments, including the indoor areas which more often than not have multiple pathways. One of the missions towards the end of 2033 where all three factions are in play is one of my favorite in any FPS.

I haven't played 2033, but from what I've played of LL it's very linear. I guess it opens up a little further in the game?

DragonNC

Just finished the game .....WOW........can't decide what game was worst fps this generation......Duke Nukem , Colonial Marines or Wolefenstein : New order.
And YES ...THAT BAD IS THIS GAME.

Deadbeat

Banned
Just finished the game .....WOW........can't decide what game was worst fps this generation......Duke Nukem , Colonial Marines or Wolefenstein : New order.
Okay hyperbole aside, is the new Wolfenstein game like Rage where it starts off good then falls apart at the end? Because thats what Im hearing now from various places.

DragonNC

Okay hyperbole aside, is the new Wolfenstein game like Rage where it starts off good then falls apart at the end? Because thats what Im hearing now from various places.

not at all

Difference is that this game start's bad & going downhill every new chapter.
Rage compared to this bullshit was fucking AAA game

not at all

Difference is that this game start's bad & going downhill every new chapter.
Rage compared to this bullshit was fucking AAA game
That still sounds like hyperbole but ok

Hype still inflated. All I want is a FPS with those shooting physics/dual wielding/chaos. Everything else is just there for marketing purposes (story, structure, emotions)

I haven't played 2033, but from what I've played of LL it's very linear. I guess it opens up a little further in the game?

Ja. Lot more outdoor areas, and the indoor ones become more expansive.

And that sounds like some of the most hyperbolish hyperbole I've read on this forum so please expand :p

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
god Rage sucked, please leave Rage outta here.

Gonna have to disagree with you there champ. Rage was fantastic.

It was fucking awful, but the shooting stuff was good. There just wasn't enough of it.

Not exactly sure what you mean by this. If you ignore a lot of the driving and ignore the races apart from the 2 necessary ones it's all shooting with a bit of hubworld really. I liked how it changed things up tbh.

anyone got a clue how to open the big red door in chapter 1? There's a secret behind it and the only hint are some posters saying only uberwacht can enter

This is not how you use spoiler tags. Nobody has a clue what this is referring to.

MattyG

Banned
Reasons? Otherwise, this just sounds like a hyperbolic joke post.

DukeBobby

I'm sticking to my guns. The best way to judge a game is by playing it yourself.

I've been burned by GAF impressions and reviews too many times.

In other words, I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and going 'lalalalalalalala'.

The impressions in this thread make that Watch Dogs review look like Siskel and Ebert. You speed-run the game to hold court in here and you're surprised the second half felt shit?

(Not saying it isn't.)

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm sticking to my guns. The best way to judge a game is by playing it yourself.

I've been burned by GAF impressions and reviews too many times.

In other words, I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and going 'lalalalalalalala'.

Best way to do it. Sometimes you'll find huge enjoyment in games if you go off whether they tickle your fancy or not, instead of relying on other opinions.

Unit24

Even if the game gets worse in the second half, I don't see myself cancelling my pre-order. I'm a pretty huge fan of shooters and there's nothing else that really interests me that's coming out any time soon.

Levyne

Banned
I have nothing else to play at the moment so I will stick with it.

I'll definitely write up some detailed impressions once I'm able to play through it. For those on the fence not getting day 1.

Even if the game gets worse in the second half, I don't see myself cancelling my pre-order. I'm a pretty huge fan of shooters and there's nothing else that really interests me that's coming out any time soon.

Yeah, at this point I'm at "what else will I play next week?"

jambo

olNt0a7.gif

Top Bottom