• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

I'm not getting great performance with my computer. I have a GTX 760 2GB and an i5 2500k@4GHz, and I'm getting dips even with medium settings at 1920x1080.

lmbotiva

i hate to be poor! im getting watch dogs over this just because all my friends are getting WD for the MP and i don't wanna be left out but as soon as i get some money i will pick this up!

I really hate the unpacking process on steam....been waiting forever.

Oh okay. So will it be available in the us 12 eastern time? because I'm on the west coast and that would be amazing if I could download it at 9

Game is still locked for me im in Chicago. :(

If you guys want to play the game now use a VPN. I live in the east coast. Just dl TunnelBear and select the Netherlands server on the VPN and steam.

Hmm what's that, is that against the rules??

No not at all. Steam won't ban you for that, many people do it. Just make sure after you run the game put steam in offline mode till the game actually comes out in your timezone or It won't work I'm pretty sure.

Yeah I wouldnt be suggesting that if I were you dude.

Sounds raunchy.

Look at the earlier posts, there is other people doing it, it will be fine.

Thanks to VPNs I've been playing the game for over an hour, huzzah! I've done it many times at this point so there's no risk of a ban. Flyvpn is pretty good

Dawg

Just finished writing my review. Will be up at embargo, but won't be online at 6am to post it. That's like... in 3 hours and 30 minuten and I need my sleep :p

Andrew.

Banned
Nah, VPN unlocking with Steam is perfectly fine. I've done it with about a half dozen games over the past few years.

Oh ok sweet. You PCers would know a hell of a lot better than I would. Immediately sounded like some sort of illegal torrent shit or somethin.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Got the retail pc version, but I won't be able to play until tomorrow anyway.

I still have a C2D so I'm bracing for the worst. :)

Daximuss

I would love to hear Xbone impressions of this game from those that have played it. I'm leaning toward PS4, but I like the Xbone controller for shooters.

zorbsie

I would love to hear Xbone impressions of this game from those that have played it. I'm leaning toward PS4, but I like the Xbone controller for shooters.

Almost finished the campaign on Xbone. Runs smoothly. Looks fine. From what I understand it's identical to the PS4. 1080p/60.

God damn it I'm doing a very bad job at holding back at buying the game right now, especially since buying the game on GMG with the 20% off code is basically $3 more than buying a new Vita game. Reviews leak earlier pls

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I got up to chapter 3 in the ps4 version.

Frame rate is solid, the art direction is good, but the textures are terrible.

As for the game, I'm actually finding it pretty boring. So far it has been a totally generic FPS. I honestly had more fun with the previous Wolfenstien. Maybe it gets amazing later... I really hope so.

Also, the sound mixing is really bad. Playing on DTS 5.1, levels are all over the place. You can barely hear what people are saying when it isn't a cutscene, and sometimes your weapon barely makes any noise at all.

I got up to chapter 3 in the ps4 version.

Frame rate is solid, the art direction is good, but the textures are terrible.

As for the game, I'm actually finding it pretty boring. So far it has been a totally generic FPS. I honestly had more fun with the previous Wolfenstien. Maybe it gets amazing later... I really hope so.

Also, the sound mixing is really bad. Playing on DTS 5.1, levels are all over the place. You can barely hear what people are saying when it isn't a cutscene, and sometimes your weapon barely makes any noise at all.

Bad surround sound mix is a real bummer.

Cerity

Impulse buy levels rising, even with lacklustre reviews, all I want right now is a passable shooter with nice atmosphere.

lemmykoopa

Gun sounds are very disappointing in this game. Very weak sounding, no punch at all. It's like a race gamer where you driving a Ferrari that sounds like a lawnmower. Not good.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm. Lots of variety of impressions on that front.

kay first things frist, whoever said the weapons sound weedy and feel liek pea shooters is talking out of their arse. Early on but i just grabbed the mobile turret and ripped a room of Nazis apart and it felt glorious, and sounded incredible

Unit24

I've heard so many different impressions on so many aspects of the game that I'm honestly not sure what to think. Thankfully I'll be able to form my own before too long.

Animator

Fuck the reviews. Watch the trailers and buy it if you think it is something you would like playing.

This is the first FPS SP campaign I am enjoying since I don't even know when. Old school health/armor/ammo pick ups. No bullshit "you can only carry two weapons" limitation. Great visuals and music and an absolutely stellar story and voice acting. The cutscenes are some of the best I have seen.

If the game can keep up this pace and quality till the end it will probably end up being one of my all time favorite games.

Top Bottom