• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

DSN2K

PC game wont even boot for me, crashes on launch...Windows 8.1/drivers up to date/tried to Run in Admin & Windows 7 Compatibility....annoyed.

Drewfonse

Xbox One owners: have any of you installed the game entirely while having your system "sleeping" in low power mode? How long did your initial install take?

Thanks, really looking forward to getting this today!

Sorry, to quote myself, but this thread is moving along quickly.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How hard is this game? Its been a while since I played FPS on PC so I wonder what difficulty to start with :)
You can change difficulty on the fly so don't worry about it too much. I will say that on normal I'm constantly passing health packs I don't need, so maybe it's a bit easy? Although if you have trouble it's not like running back to get a healthpack you passed is very viable when you're fighting 8 guys. Difficulty is also vastly affected by how "smart" you play. It rewards actually trying to aim and keep control your gun rather than vaguely pointing at people and spraying.

Well popping home for lunch today was indeed fruitful. Huzzah!

Physical extras aren't up to much. The guide book is decent paper stock and saddle stitched and has a few humorous tidbits but probably won't get a second look in, there's 3 postcards lampooning The Beatles Abbey Road cover and 2 others (can't be bothered to open them up sorry) and a hideous shiny, plasticy card holder that no one in their right mind would use.

Still can't grumble at the same price as the standard ed and at a smidge over £17 can't complain about the price either.

Now just have to wait 2 bloody days to download it :(

Why don't you install it via DVD? No disc drive? I've got a physical copy and I'm installing it via disc through steam.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I think the middle, default difficulty might be a bit too easy.

Is there a way to switch it mid-game? If I start over a chapter, do I lose all the perks I've earned up to that point?

Dr Dogg

Why don't you install it via DVD? No disc drive? I've got a physical copy and I'm installing it via disc through steam.

Yeah I haven't had an optical drive in a PC of mine in about 7 years. Going to install it on an old laptop at work and copy the files over to save my sanity. 4 DVD's though!

Daximuss

xbox one version owners.. did the game somehow effect the console ? my console started to take twice the time to boot up and sometimes it freezes when the game is in the blu ray drive and it sometimes doesn't read the disc the disc is inside the console but in the dashboard it still says insert disc.. is my console bidding farewell to me or is the game causing this ? i am a bit suspicious because the update is 7.3 gb.. maybe it caused some of these issue that never happened before to my console...

Did you fully install and patch before starting to play? I know the One allows you to play while it background installs, but I suspect that could be the issue...that or the patch maybe needs to install fully before play.

Does the disk bottom look clean?

I hope you get it worked out. It's a sucky feeling when you can't play a game you've been so stoked to play.

Uber seems like the only way to play, you die rather quickly but its offset by your mobility/arsenal and the absurd amount of health/armor pickups scattered about.

Yeah I haven't had an optical drive in a PC of mine in about 7 years. Going to install it on an old laptop at work and copy the files over to save my sanity. 4 DVD's though!

It's taken me an hour and a half maybe? That sounds like a good solution. Yeah I never use my DVD drive but the thought of downloading that many GB's forced me to remember I had an optical drive.

Facism

How hard is this game? Its been a while since I played FPS on PC so I wonder what difficulty to start with :)

Easy. I'm at chapter 5 and died 10 times total so far on Uber. 5 of those were silly, fucking-about deaths. You can adjust the difficulty ingame as you play if you start having trouble. Medpacks are fucking everywhere in this game.

So, I joined PS3 version master race:

yaQNPIY.jpg

Dimorphic

Really, really enjoying the game so far however the reports of the awful sound mixing are true. Which is disappointing as it breaks the immersion.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Really, really enjoying the game so far however the reports of the awful sound mixing are true. Which is disappointing as it breaks the immersion.

The sound mixing on the PS4 is some of the worst AAA sound design I've ever heard.

Some people say theirs sounds fine. Does the PC have better mixing?

Stainless

I wasn't even paying attention to the game until this OT. Great job. I'll have to look into it, the reviews are much better than I anticipated. Just not sure if I want it on PS3 or PS4. Kind of odd [to me] that on PS3 it's filesize is just under 18GB but on PS4 it's 43.7GB. If I get physical copy for PS4, it installs it to the hard drive anyways, right?

The sound mixing on the PS4 is some of the worst AAA sound design I've ever heard.

Some people say theirs sounds fine. Does the PC have better mixing?

Mine isn't fine either on PS4. 7.1 surround sound and its practically wasted. Quiet speaking, guns sound like pea shooters, no sense of depth at all.

dab0ne

Just found the
Laser Cutter
tool. Does it just take forever to use or am I doing it wrong?

Edit: I'm doing it wrong.

MattyG

Banned
I feel like I'm playing wrong when I stealth through one of the sections with a commander. Has stealth always been a part of Wolfenstein games, or is this new to the series (I haven't played a lot of the older ones)?
Yeah, I can barely hear BJ's inner monologue and sometimes NPCs are hard to hear.

Andrew.

Banned
I feel like I'm playing wrong when I stealth through one of the sections with a commander. Has stealth always been a part of Wolfenstein games, or is this new to the series (I haven't played a lot of the older ones)?

It's always kinda been a part of it. Just seems to be more of a focus now.

Sothpaw

Stealth in Wolf games? Fuck that man in RTWC and Wolf 09 I killed EVERYTHING.

Raptor

Mine isn't fine either on PS4. 7.1 surround sound and its practically wasted. Quiet speaking, guns sound like pea shooters, no sense of depth at all.

Damn, was really hoping for a loud as hell gun sounds, this is sometihng that could be patched no?

Adding more volume and Sound Settings, I have the Gold Wireless Headset and it will kill me if it sound all muted.

gstaff

PC game wont even boot for me, crashes on launch...Windows 8.1/drivers up to date/tried to Run in Admin & Windows 7 Compatibility....annoyed.

I would visit support.bethsoft.com if you're using the recommended drivers and still having an issue.

Scotch

That's really disappointing to hear. Sound is such an underrated aspect of games, and it can make or break a game for me, especially in regards to gunplay. I found the gun sounds in particular sorely lacking in the footage I've seen so far.

SparkTR

Some stealth played a part of the original id Wolfenstein games, they designed it so you could run behind patrolling enemies and stab them before they noticed you. It wasn't that effective but they kept it in there because the original original Wolfenstein games on the Apple II were pretty much pure stealth games.

They even had the player dragging bodies to hide them during the beta version but cut it out before release.

I'm watching a buddy of mine playing right now and he's stuck at the beginning of the game where he needs to fire at a guy's feet through a sort of crack in the door. The feet he needs to fire at only appears as shadows and he can't advance.

edit: nevermind, he only had to lean into the crouch position. Greatest puzzle of the entire game right there.

Top Bottom