• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Jesus, I must be shit at this game. I can't even jump out of the plane at the beginning of the game. Tried for 20 fucking minutes. What am I doing wrong? Seriously if I can't do it I can't play the game and I am going to be violently angry at wasting £35.

soultron

Banned
I need to play it again tonight because I thought the audio mix on my PC (Xonar with headphones) was fine. Maybe I was just playing on a really loud volume by default, however. It was also really late so I may not have noticed.

Andrew.

Banned
Tip: The perk requirements don't reset when you restart a checkpoint/die. So you can't grind them out if you have the patience.

You mean you CAN grind them right?

So if I get the perk from headshots, then restart the checkpoint, I can nab the next demo or assault perk?

Lima

So if I get the perk from headshots, then restart the checkpoint, I can nab the next demo or assault perk?

Yes.

Don't know why y'all are hating the graphics. Maybe it's because I'm a Xbone present but I think the game looks beautiful.

soultron

Banned
Jesus, I must be shit at this game. I can't even jump out of the plane at the beginning of the game. Tried for 20 fucking minutes. What am I doing wrong? Seriously if I can't do it I can't play the game and I am going to be violently angry at wasting £35.

You need to be sprinting when you jump. For example, if you're on PC, you need to hold (I believe) SHIFT and then press SPACE to do a sprint jump. Hope this helps! There's a tutorial pop up on how to do it, unless you've disabled them (providing the option to disable tutorial pop ups exists.).

S¡mon

Banned

Make sure you are sprinting and jump just before you leave the plane.

Maybe it's because I'm a Xbone present but I think the game looks beautiful.

jumping_present_by_bagam-d6t6782.gif

JayEH

Just picked up my PS4 copy and installing it now. The thirst is about to be quenched.

Fake edit: Maybe not.... Freaking 5 gig update. Ridiculous

Is that the new Russian age restriction design? Looks atrocious.

The "Not permitted for children" line is especially laughable.
Yes, it is.

And the disc itself has two age rating labels - both PEGI and this one.

You may ask - why even bothering with this new rating system when PEGI was there already for ages? That's because in Russia every piece of media must have unified age rating from now on.

The new order, indeed.

And yeah, the damn game is great and very enjoyable.

Karak

I'm watching a buddy of mine playing right now and he's stuck at the beginning of the game where he needs to fire at a guy's feet through a sort of crack in the door. The feet he needs to fire at only appears as shadows and he can't advance.

edit: nevermind, he only had to lean into the crouch position. Greatest puzzle of the entire game right there.

Brother let me tell you I spent over an hour there. The visual clues in that area are mixed as well as the change of the door status when you drop into that whole. I fucking almost quit.

zorbsie

Yup. Anything you lock perks/collectibles is saved right away. If you restart the level/checkpoint you keep what you've earned/found.

Mr Swine

Banned
Ugh, getting graphical massive corruption/slowdown with every setting on max with my GTX 670 :/ it disappears when I enable VT compression oddly enough :(

Ragnarok

Brother let me tell you I spent over an hour there. The visual clues in that area are mixed as well as the change of the door status when you drop into that whole. I fucking almost quit.

Lol the game literally tells you what to do for that "puzzle". I had trouble for a minute too but if you just crouch by the door like it prompts the player to, you see the feet and it's easy to figure out.

CHC

Just bought it now for $60, what the hell. I was toying around with getting off one of those CD Key stores for less but sometimes it feels just to buy it straight up. Game looks sick, been wanting it for a while, why not.

Download starts now.

Andrew.

Banned
Stupid question that should know the answer to, but if I pop the disc into my PS4, let the update begin and then put my PS4 on standby mode while I return to work, will the update continue to download?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Stupid question that should know the answer to, but if I pop the disc into my PS4, let the update begin and then put my PS4 on standby mode while I return to work, will the update continue to download?

I think you need to start the game for the update to start downloading for the first time. After that, the update should download even in standby mode.

That said, when I got the game last night, it said an update was needed and started downloading it. However, I could play the game just fine without the update, and did so while the update was downloading in the background.

Xyber

How is this even possible? The game straight out tells you how to do the crouch when you got there.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Just started, but quick question for those who might know.

The collectibles only show up on the map as question marks when you stealth kill a commander, right?

About three hours in, so far the game feels good. Solid weapons,quality production values, some old school touches that feel right. This should tide me over nicely.

My story with this game. Bought it in a shop last Friday and thought YAY - got it early, lets install.
Steam: "Nope - not released yet - no install"
Fast forward to today. Installed the 4 discs in approximately 1 hour.
Lets play !
Nope...

11GB Day 1 patch....WTF ???? And I have DSL2000 lol

See you tomorrow

10339449_10203756727619815_9054930749421248910_o.jpg

was glad to see the PS4 partial download & play in full effect here, you only need 4GB's to start playing (+5GB's for the patch)

BUT!

It needs the next block right after the airplane tutorial, which of course has not been downloaded yet in time :D

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dat moment you think you're doing good finding enigma pieces then you get one and see that you missed the last two.

Xbox One owners: have any of you installed the game entirely while having your system "sleeping" in low power mode? How long did your initial install take?

Thanks, really looking forward to getting this today!

I've done this before for either Tomb Raider or Lego: The Hobbit, I can't remember which. Also I started the download for Wolfenstien last night and put my console into sleep mode and it has made normal progress so far. Hope that helps.

xbox one version owners.. did the game somehow effect the console ? my console started to take twice the time to boot up and sometimes it freezes when the game is in the blu ray drive and it sometimes doesn't read the disc the disc is inside the console but in the dashboard it still says insert disc.. is my console bidding farewell to me or is the game causing this ? i am a bit suspicious because the update is 7.3 gb.. maybe it caused some of these issue that never happened before to my console...

Alright, I'm going to tell you what happens to me but might not necessarily be what is happening to you. Whenever I download anything on my XB1 my ISP, for whatever reason, throttles my bandwidth to 1 Mbps. At the same time, my Xbox will start to go crazy just like yours where things wont load like friends lists, Netflix, I even had trouble with a blue ray once because it was trying to "download the newest trailers off the web" because it saw that I was connected. I think that perhaps something was downloading in the background and you didn't know it? Anyway, that's my best guess.

I can stream from Netflix on my X1 in super HD, or whatever it's called, and have 4 other devices doing online tasks at the same time normally... as long as my X1 isn't downloading anything. :/

#FmyISP

hypotc

Anyone know if it's possible to make it so that "aim down sights" resets when you reload on PC?

Like it does in Call of Duty.

aristotle

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31.0-8/10339449_10203756727619815_9054930749421248910_o.jpg[IMG]

was glad to see the PS4 partial download & play in full effect here, you only need 4GB's to start playing (+5GB's for the patch)

BUT!

It needs the next block right after the airplane tutorial, which of course has not been downloaded yet in time :D[/QUOTE]

Uh...the patch is only for leaderboard stuff. You can cancel the patch and then wait for the game to install to play the game. Unless the developers lied that is.

Nydius

Jesus at the 40GB download and 50GB install, say nothing of the day 1 patch.

I wonder how much of this is uncompressed audio. I understand not wanting to compress video these days but uncompressed audio is only going to be an issue for a fraction-of-a-percent of players.

Where most people will be able to notice the immediate visual difference between compressed and uncompressed video, the same isn't true for audio. I imagine most folks aren't gaming on their PCs with ultra high end headphones or expensive surround sound systems. Those folks aren't going to notice the difference between high quality encoded lossy audio or completely lossless audio.

You know what they will notice? When their ISPs start bitching at them for their monthly bandwidth usage, especially as more ISPs are contemplating monthly caps. I'm lucky in that I'm managing to get 7.6mbps down through FiOS right now; I can't even imagine what it would be like for someone who is stuck with 1-2mbps DSL.

Top Bottom