• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Work clothes for work (in an office) in hot weather

What breaks the bank? I bought some from J. Crew, who often have sales on this kind of thing. They were $60 or so each, I think.
Edit: fuck, misread and didn't see pants/jeans. Can't help you there.

Kite

Khakis and short-sleeved polo shirts. I like to wear the golf and tennis polos, they're lighter and supposedly designed to handle heat and sweat.

Flavius

Does anyone have any recommendations of stores to shop for linen pants/thin jeans that wont break the bank? I see a few suggestions for Uniqlo, but there are no stores in Georgia that I can go to. I'm kinda in a transitional weight and plan to lose more this year. So, I really don't want to go out and buy extremely expensive stuff only to have it not fit in 6 months. For reference, I'm not usually a fashion person. So, my current work wardrobe is mostly made up of Levi's jeans purchased from JC Penney on sale and Nike Dry Fit polo shirts with my company logo on them that I bought from work.

I should also mention that I have a wide body frame. I fluctuate between M and L shirts depending on how loose the arm holes are. I also can't wear skinny jeans because I have large calf and quad muscles. So, trendy tight-fitting styles don't work for me either.

If you have a Stein Mart nearby, I highly recommend them. You might have to dig a little but brands and prices can't be beat. Great place to pick up an inexpensive suit that would cost you much more elsewhere as well.

I don't know. This looks v. v. v. professional, to me.

6VBwmN4.png

What breaks the bank? I bought some from J. Crew, who often have sales on this kind of thing. They were $60 or so each, I think.
Edit: fuck, misread and didn't see pants/jeans. Can't help you there.

Thanks for the J Crew suggestion. I'm not ready to buy new shirts since the Nike ones are working for me now. But when I do settle into a more stable weight I'll check them out.

As for the "break the bank" comment: I am used to paying about $25-35 for shirts and $30-40 for jeans. If I have to pay double that to get something comfortable I'm OK with it. But a link earlier in this thread talked about a $100 plain white linen t-shirt and $150 thin jeans. That just isn't practical for something that probably won't fit in 6 months.

If you have a Stein Mart nearby, I highly recommend them. You might have to dig a little but brands and prices can't be beat. Great place to pick up an inexpensive suit that would cost you much more elsewhere as well.
It looks like there is a Stein Mart only 20 minutes from my house. I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

Acidote

I wear polos and chinos. That's what I'm wearing right now. I change the polo for a button up shirt the days I know I'm gonna have meetings. Rolled up sleeves.

Buy a few Airism under shirts from Uniqlo.

Linen, seersucker and the like are very good summer fabrics but you don’t want to be filling your wardrobe with just those items. Cotton is still the most convenient fabric in terms of availability, cost and maintenance. Many stores will be selling blends with unnatural fibres…so buy some 100% cotton shirts or tops.

Top Bottom