• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/05: Semi-finals |OT| Uruguay vs Netherlands | Germany vs. Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

Tomorrow I shall be watching the game with GAF again. :D
I was at a music festival in Belgium last week so I couldn't participate in the Netherlands - Brazil thread, but man, watching that match in Belgium was quite the experience.

The mayor of Werchter (the town in which the festival is held) prohibited anyone from showing the game anywhere near the festival grounds whilst knowing full well that there would thousands of Dutchies at the festival. Luckily we are able to freely travel by bus to the nearby town of Leuven to enjoy the game.
My friends and I managed to acquire front-row seats in one of the cafés who were showing the game on a big-ass white wall. Before we knew it the café was filled to the brim with around 100+ Orange fans.
Another thing of note was the weather. That friday it was ridiculously hot outside. Whilst leaving Leuven we eyed a thermometer which measured 46 degrees celcius.
Now imagine 100 Dutch football fans cramped together in a small place without airconditioning watching the most intense WC match of the year thus far. Everyone was pretty much drenched in sweat from top to bottom and eventually the café ran out of beer, cooled beverages and food. :lol
And holy shit at the shared excitement, relief, anger and joy. After the game a stream of orange poured from every café in Leuven and enveloped the town and the festival grounds to celebrate. :D

Can't wait for tomorrow's game. If they play anything like the second half against Brazil they should be able to secure a place in the finals. :D

Haunted

Statistics time!

Direct heads-up:
Total Games played:
Code:
     Germany          Spain
        20   Matches    20	
	8    Wins	6	
	6    Draws	6	
	6    Losses	8

Direct heads-up:
World Cup Games played

Code:
     Germany          Spain
        3    Matches    3	
	2    Wins	0	
	1    Draws	1	
	0    Losses	2

And as far as World Cup performances go....
Code:
     Germany          Spain
        3     Winner    0
        4   Runners-Up  0
        3     Third     0
        1     Fourth    1

Haunted

Also, a mod should replace the joke after |OT| in the thread title with Germany vs Spain to make this the semi-final thread.

Having one thread for two matches should be fine.

Roelatie

I Cant wait for tomorrow! The wait is killing me! I am glad Suarez isnt playing. He is too good at goalkeeping.

Vagina-Celebration1.gif

thy_

Uruguay
URU.gif

Facism | X05 | SalsaShark

VS

The Netherlands
NED.gif

Kabouter | industrian | Arjen | Buba Big Guns | Steeven | Tence | Danielsan | kottila | itsgreen | Phoenix4 | vordhosbn | Rocket Scientist | n0n44m | Hertog | GroteSmurf | Roelatie | CassSept | Wessiej | Rei_Toei | Exypher | Falch | 2San | Deadman | markao | Suitcase Test | Dina | spons | [Nintex] | Dibbz | HarryHengst | Prince | Coen | MMaRsu | Saya | Pepto | wud | BaZZaa | StevePharma | Kers | bad|joey | Tempy | Sadist | confuziz | Veidt | neorej | Nyx

Pezking said:
I secretly hope that Spain overestimates the impact of Müller not playing. Kroos and Marin filling in for him won't affect us that much. They're both excellent players on the same level as Müller.
Yeah, you're right. Too bad that fucking Trochowski will play :(

Don't know what Löw sees in him, he sucks so bad.

Edit: To clarify that, it's not confirmed but that's what probably will happen...

Stridone

Banned
Uruguay
URU.gif

VS

The Netherlands
NED.gif

Kabouter | industrian | Arjen | Buba Big Guns | Steeven | Tence | Danielsan | kottila | itsgreen | Phoenix4 | vordhosbn | Rocket Scientist | n0n44m | Hertog | GroteSmurf | Roelatie | CassSept | Wessiej | Rei_Toei | Exypher | Falch | 2San | Deadman | markao | Suitcase Test | Dina | spons | [Nintex] | Dibbz | HarryHengst | Prince | Coen | MMaRsu | Saya | Pepto | wud | BaZZaa | StevePharma | Kers | bad|joey | Tempy | Sadist | confuziz | Veidt | neorej | Nyx | Stridone

Lets do this shit.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Something tells me Uruguay can pull off the upset here. Would be amazing if they reach the final.

Stridone said:
Uruguay
URU.gif

VS

The Netherlands
NED.gif

Kabouter | industrian | Arjen | Buba Big Guns | Steeven | Tence | Danielsan | kottila | itsgreen | Phoenix4 | vordhosbn | Rocket Scientist | n0n44m | Hertog | GroteSmurf | Roelatie | CassSept | Wessiej | Rei_Toei | Exypher | Falch | 2San | Deadman | markao | Suitcase Test | Dina | spons | [Nintex] | Dibbz | HarryHengst | Prince | Coen | MMaRsu | Saya | Pepto | wud | BaZZaa | StevePharma | Kers | bad|joey | Tempy | Sadist | confuziz | Veidt | neorej | Nyx | Stridone

Lets do this shit.
always-honest. dutch!! :)

Feathers

Holland to exact some divine retribution on Uruguay's ass. As long as they keep Forlan quiet, this match is in the bag.

Dennis

Banned
flintstryker said:
Come on Uruguay spank some bitches!!!
:lol Cheatguay is the one who is going to get spanked

Oh, the bitter tears when the last South American side crashes out are going to be delicious.

I hoper SalsaShark keeps posting....

DrEvil

not a medical professional
GO ORANGE ARMY!

This could be our year!

Although, if the final is Germany vs Netherlands, I won't know what to do.

I cheer for Netherlands, but I'm German by heritage... whoever wins, I WIN!

MMaRsu said:

You do know the correct names are in fact in the title? Uruguay vs Netherlands. Or did you think Bestguay vs. Bestland refered to Spain and Germany? Because it doesn't.

If you get annoyed at the a little meme behind a title, well, I don't know what to say.

MMaRsu

Banned
ClosingADoor said:
You do know the correct names are in fact in the title? Uruguay vs Netherlands. Or did you think Bestguay vs. Bestland refered to Spain and Germany? Because it doesn't.

If you get annoyed at the a little meme behind a title, well, I don't know what to say.

I did think it stood for Spain & Germany.. weirdly enough :p.

But one thread for the semi's would be better no?

[Nintex]

Vitet said:
I'm confused. The most stupid things are considered racist here, and now I see two countries just mocked with strange names. Even with jokes of other countries (BestGuay wat?)
I'm totally offended that I live in Bestland!

Seriously :lol

Dresden

Vitet said:
I'm confused. The most stupid things are considered racist here, and now I see two countries just mocked with strange names. Even with jokes of other countries (BestGuay wat?)
It's a joke. From the "Best Korea"/"Worst Korea" stuff that got tossed around.

edit: oh ho ho, not so fast with that edit

Haunted

MMaRsu said:
I did think it stood for Spain & Germany.. weirdly enough :p.

But one thread for the semi's would be better no?
I've already sent a PM to ducky asking whether we could make this the official semi-final thread.

Having one thread for both matches is clearly better than separate threads.

DennisK4 said:
:lol Cheatguay is the one who is going to get spanked

Oh, the bitter tears when the last South American side crashes out are going to be delicious.

I hoper SalsaShark keeps posting....
Famous last words.

MMaRsu

Banned
Dresden said:
It's a joke. From the "Best Korea"/"Worst Korea" stuff that got tossed around.

edit: oh ho ho, not so fast with that edit

Where is ur avatar from anyway? Check ur PM :p

feel

ClosingADoor said:
oh, I did :lol

Too used to multiple games each matchday, in a single thread.

Pezking

Milchmonster said:
Yeah, you're right. Too bad that fucking Trochowski will play :(

I think Kroos will play.

Löw put him in pretty early on Saturday. I'm sure he wanted to give him some match practice.

On the other hand, Trochowski started on Müller's position at the friendly match against Bosnia a week prior to the world cup. I was at that match, and IMO Müller won his spot in the starting lineup in the 2nd half of that game.

Well...we'll see. I also thought Löw has gone insane for putting Klose and Podolski in the starting lineup after the awful season both played last year. Turned out he was right, so I tend to believe him anything right now, even if he sees Trochowski as the best replacement for Müller.

Wessiej

Oh people, read and think for a moment :lol.

I was thinking for 1 match in 1 thread, because they are on different dates and it is the goddamn semi-final. But we will see.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Having a hard time waiting. What's wrong with FIFA? I get a three day weekend and they wait for me to get back to work to start play again. :lol

Lightning

Banned
Stridone said:
Uruguay
URU.gif

VS

The Netherlands
NED.gif

Kabouter | industrian | Arjen | Buba Big Guns | Steeven | Tence | Danielsan | kottila | itsgreen | Phoenix4 | vordhosbn | Rocket Scientist | n0n44m | Hertog | GroteSmurf | Roelatie | CassSept | Wessiej | Rei_Toei | Exypher | Falch | 2San | Deadman | markao | Suitcase Test | Dina | spons | [Nintex] | Dibbz | HarryHengst | Prince | Coen | MMaRsu | Saya | Pepto | wud | BaZZaa | StevePharma | Kers | bad|joey | Tempy | Sadist | confuziz | Veidt | neorej | Nyx | Stridone | Lightning

Lets do this shit.
That's better! :D :D :D :D :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Uruguay

VS

The Netherlands

Kabouter | industrian | Arjen | Buba Big Guns | Steeven | Tence | Danielsan | kottila | itsgreen | Phoenix4 | vordhosbn | Rocket Scientist | n0n44m | Hertog | GroteSmurf | Roelatie | CassSept | Wessiej | Rei_Toei | Exypher | Falch | 2San | Deadman | markao | Suitcase Test | Dina | spons | [Nintex] | Dibbz | HarryHengst | Prince | Coen | MMaRsu | Saya | Pepto | wud | BaZZaa | StevePharma | Kers | bad|joey | Tempy | Sadist | confuziz | Veidt | neorej | Nyx | Stridone | Lightning | catfish

:D haven't got my passport yet, but as long as the OP isn't a PVV stemmer ;)

ezrarh

Ela Hadrun said:
Having a hard time waiting. What's wrong with FIFA? I get a three day weekend and they wait for me to get back to work to start play again. :lol

Seriously, I am going to miss both of the semifinals due to work. I might be able to sneak a few minutes of watching though.

markao

Found my old Hup Holland '88 Flag, so I'm now all set :D

Also rooting for our Eastern neighbors so we can have a :

690e94b6_anp_13073509i8vb.jpg

versus

28_000_dv777112n7k7.jpg

Final

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Soccer is kind of a tiring sport, its already a brutal schedule as it is.

burnfout

Uruguay

VS

The Netherlands

Kabouter | industrian | Arjen | Buba Big Guns | Steeven | Tence | Danielsan | kottila | itsgreen | Phoenix4 | vordhosbn | Rocket Scientist | n0n44m | Hertog | GroteSmurf | Roelatie | CassSept | Wessiej | Rei_Toei | Exypher | Falch | 2San | Deadman | markao | Suitcase Test | Dina | spons | [Nintex] | Dibbz | HarryHengst | Prince | Coen | MMaRsu | Saya | Pepto | wud | BaZZaa | StevePharma | Kers | bad|joey | Tempy | Sadist | confuziz | Veidt | neorej | Nyx | Stridone | Lightning | catfish | burnfout

I predicted 3 out of 5 dutch matches with the correct scores. First in the poule, about to win 120 euro's :).

Calling 1-3 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom