• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/05: Semi-finals |OT| Uruguay vs Netherlands | Germany vs. Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristam

Steeven said:
:lol :lol

Show me where I hope that Van Bommel is going to make injuries. I know you are frustrated because you know shit about football, but don't make it look like I said that, or even hope that. I actually hope the Dutch team will play with two wingmen, which would make it an open and interesting game. But seeing all 24 matches they haven't been beaten, I'm afraid that won't be the case and it will be like the match against Germany. Only with more fouls. It's rather logical.

You openly advocate fouling to win the game:

Steeven said:
Germany made the mistake to let Spain play their game, they should have made more minor fouls to mess up their game. I'm pretty sure Van Bommel and de Jong will make many minor fouls.

And yes, injuries naturally follow intentional fouling, whether they're intended to look "minor" to the referee or not. And you're not advocating "minor" (haha) fouls because you're concerned that a player might get his legs broken; you're advocating minor fouls so the unbookable Van Bommel doesn't manage to get even his dirty ass sent off the field.

Don't know shit about football? I know it can be the beautiful game that Pele described it as and here you are saying that some players should go out there just to foul people. What the hell? They're out there to play football. There is nothing wrong with strong, physical play but the intention should ALWAYS be to play the ball. The modern game has become an embarrassing spectacle of dives, faked injuries, and tactical fouls.

Yeah, maybe you can tell I'm not one of those "win at all costs (including breaking a few legs)" types, and neither, historically, have the Dutch possessed that mindset. The Dutch are famous for being more concerned about the "beauty" or "art" of the game than the actual result. And if you are indeed Dutch, you're a poor representative of your country.

Wellscha

Ephemeris said:
Fantastic.

When I first saw it, I thought it was hands groping dat Brazilian ass. Now I can't unsee the facepalm.

Just fantastic.

I think the designer tried to be smart and slip a sexual innuendo into the logo.

It completely backfired however. :lol

Chrono said:
Wow, I'm glad Ghana lost now, especially in that way. But also glad Uruguay lost to Holland, even if that foul was legit the handball would have still happened, and Suarez considered a hero. Good riddance to both teams.

edit, my mistake. the pain from the Ghana loss has me reacting defensively whenever i see someone hating on us.

Azuran

Banned
ClosingADoor said:
picard-worldcup.jpg

Holy shit.

:lol :lol :lol

Must be tough being a psychic/astrologist these days knowing that an octopus is right 83% of the times while your "predictions" fare no better than random chance. :lol :lol

All hail Paul!

neorej

ERMYGERD!
rodvik said:
I respect the sentiment but when you have a cephalopod capable of precognition chucking it back into the ocean seems a bit of a waste.

The real question now should be: "Does Paul know the future... or does he make it?"

Laguna

Banned
Socreges said:
We were talking about Korea/Italy, not Korea/Spain.

That doesn't make sense. I'm not asking you to believe me. I'm just saying what I know. Deal with it.

I'll post the video once they bring the original WC thread back. For now "Italy South Korea 2002 World Cup" and such searches on Youtube don't produce what I'm looking for.

Of course they don´t produce what your looking for since you are just talking nonsense just to be an ass.

rodvik

neorej said:
The real question now should be: "Does Paul know the future... or does he make it?"

To even ask the question is to disturb forces beyond our understanding....he is out there. :D

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Blablurn said:
the world cup was good and all but i'm really looking forward to the next Bundesliga / Champions League season.

It's not even over yet and your talking about it in past te... owh wait a minute....

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Paul is picking the final today! at some time this friday morning. Anyone know where to follow his choice?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
perfectchaos007 said:
He would if he could, but it's all in the Germans hands. They have to allow it before Paul can choose it.

They have allowed it he's doing it this morning sometime.

Paul to pick final

Aquarium spokeswoman Tanja Munzig says the floppy football fan will make his choice on the Germany-Uruguay match Friday morning, then pick the winner of Sunday's final in Johannesburg.

Lame the final is in Jburg btw. 1750 metres altitude. Tired players ftl

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
yes, but do Pauls powers extend to non german matches?! who knows?!!!

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
JHNB might just cost the Dutch players the cup. They might not be used to the altitude there, especially considering where they're from.

Tristam

Laguna said:
Of course they don´t produce what your looking for since you are just talking nonsense just to be an ass.

Yes, it does exist, in the related videos of an even more absurd video upload than you produced. The absurd video in question is here; the video that Socreges refers to is titled "Dirty manner italy vs korea" in the related videos section. It's inaccessible because FIFA blocked the video on copyright grounds.

Basically the video shows that both teams played dirty and neither were remotely innocent in an overall appalling clash.

MMaRsu

Banned
Veidt said:
JHNB might just cost the Dutch players the cup. They might not be used to the altitude there, especially considering where they're from.

Well they've been there for awhile already. And didn't they train on altitude too?

Danielsan

Majine said:
I hope Paul is freed when the Cup is over. But that prolly isn't gonna happen :(
Why do you want an octopus who has lived in captivity for over 4 years to be freed?
The animal is already at the end of his lifespan, setting him "free" is like killing him on the spot. :lol

Dresden

Tristam said:
Yes, it does exist, in the related videos of an even more absurd video upload than you produced. The absurd video in question is here; the video that Socreges refers to is titled "Dirty manner italy vs korea" in the related videos section. It's inaccessible because FIFA blocked the video on copyright grounds.

Basically the video shows that both teams played dirty and neither were remotely innocent in an overall appalling clash.
The only team that truly got robbed in '02 was Spain--this is just bitter Italy fans being Italy fans.

Steeven

Tristam said:
You openly advocate fouling to win the game:

And yes, injuries naturally follow intentional fouling, whether they're intended to look "minor" to the referee or not. And you're not advocating "minor" (haha) fouls because you're concerned that a player might get his legs broken; you're advocating minor fouls so the unbookable Van Bommel doesn't manage to get even his dirty ass sent off the field.

Don't know shit about football? I know it can be the beautiful game that Pele described it as and here you are saying that some players should go out there just to foul people. What the hell? They're out there to play football. There is nothing wrong with strong, physical play but the intention should ALWAYS be to play the ball. The modern game has become an embarrassing spectacle of dives, faked injuries, and tactical fouls.

Yeah, maybe you can tell I'm not one of those "win at all costs (including breaking a few legs)" types, and neither, historically, have the Dutch possessed that mindset. The Dutch are famous for being more concerned about the "beauty" or "art" of the game than the actual result. And if you are indeed Dutch, you're a poor representative of your country.

Oh man this is comedy gold :lol. You assume that minor fouls will injure people, while minor fouls only are pulling someones shirt so he can't run away and stuff like that. Minor fouls isn;t kicking anckles and shit. You know that a referee will present a yellow card if a player messes up a beautiful counter attack with a minor foul, or that someone who makes many gets one? I agree that Van Bommel has been lucky so far, but he plays the game another way because he doesn't have the technique of a Xavi or Iniesta. Can't really blame him.

Let's be real here. Spain can play the best and most beautiful football in the world at this moment. All of their players are individually better, or well, almost all of them than the Dutch players. Technique wise they own every team out there. It's like Barcelona. Barcelona wins against almost everyone who tries to play the same game: attacking, attractive football. It's the same with the national team of Spain. As the opponent you can be naive and walk into their trap, because playing their game is losing it with 5-0. Or you can do as Inter Milan did against Barcelona: dig in and finish them with counter football. I'm not a fan of it, not by far, but it's better than being humiliated with 5-0. Think like the coach of the teams for a second. That's what you need to understand. But somehow you think I advocate that kind of play, while you just don't understand the game at all.

You know shit about the Dutch so don't act like you do. And for sure you know shit about me. I miss the Dutch team of 1998. I like attractive football. I don't really care if they win the cup Sunday. I'm getting sick of this 'orange fever' in the country too, can't really get away from it. But speaking for the other Dutchies: they want that cup man, no matter if Van Bommel kicks three Spanish players in the face, they want it. So call me a poor representative, while I leave you in your bigotry and ignorance.

$200

Banned
Danielsan said:
Why do you want an octopus who has lived in captivity for over 4 years to be freed?
The animal is already at the end of his lifespan, setting him "free" is like killing him on the spot. :lol
Paul is only 2 years old.

But yeah I do agree with you, living in the aquarium for the octopus is so much better.

MMaRsu

Banned
Steeven said:
Oh man this is comedy gold :lol. You assume that minor fouls will injure people, while minor fouls only are pulling someones shirt so he can't run away and stuff like that. Minor fouls isn;t kicking anckles and shit. You know that a referee will present a yellow card if a player messes up a beautiful counter attack with a minor foul, or that someone who makes many gets one? I agree that Van Bommel has been lucky so far, but he plays the game another way because he doesn't have the technique of a Xavi or Iniesta. Can't really blame him.

Let's be real here. Spain can play the best and most beautiful football in the world at this moment. All of their players are individually better, or well, almost all of them than the Dutch players. Technique wise they own every team out there. It's like Barcelona. Barcelona wins against almost everyone who tries to play the same game: attacking, attractive football. It's the same with the national team of Spain. As the opponent you can be naive and walk into their trap, because playing their game is losing it with 5-0. Or you can do as Inter Milan did against Barcelona: dig in and finish them with counter football. I'm not a fan of it, not by far, but it's better than being humiliated with 5-0. Think like the coach of the teams for a second. That's what you need to understand. But somehow you think I advocate that kind of play, while you just don't understand the game at all.

You know shit about the Dutch so don't act like you do. And for sure you know shit about me. I miss the Dutch team of 1998. I like attractive football. I don't really care if they win the cup Sunday. I'm getting sick of this 'orange fever' in the country too, can't really get away from it. But speaking for the other Dutchies: they want that cup man, no matter if Van Bommel kicks three Spanish players in the face, they want it. So call me a poor representative, while I leave you in your bigotry and ignorance.

Well this team certainly isnt Barca, with only 7 goals this WC so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom