• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy |OT| Lightning Inside

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
The Sigma Harmonics references in this game made me want to check that game out. It was the only game from the DKSigma3713 event that I didn't play. Then I found out it was never localized. Bummer.

Brakke

Banned
Yeah there are levels to the "imprism shimmer". For conditions like "cause poison", you can make the shimmer more intense by inflicting the condition again. Remember, if you LB you can cast healing spells or use healing items on enemy mirages. If you're worried about killing them on accident, you can heal them up first and then fulfill the condition again.

Meliora

Finished the game a few days ago but think I'll try to get a few more trophies before FFXV comes out.

I enjoyed the game a lot eventhough some things could be a bit annoying. I hope more games will come and I hope that Red XIII will be in it because that would probably be the cutest chibi of them all.

As for stack setups, I generally had no trouble with whatever stack I used. I think I overleveled by accident pretty early on, and I just swtiched out mirages in my stacks all the time after that to get some variation. Also kept a good stock on all kinds of items so if my mirages didn't have whatever I need to catch something I just used items.

So is there anything extra you get for doing all the EX dungeons? Trying to figure out how much grinding I want to do, since I know I won't be able to get the platinum before WD2.

Probably been asked, but how do I access my mirages I got for the Day One Edition?
I know there in the Colosseum, but how do I actually get to use them? Just beat them and their mine?

Razmos

Totally giving up on the maduin memento, stupid shitty RNG minigame.
There's no fucking retry button either despite the ridiculous winning conditions, you have to skip past multiple cutscenes, walk over to the girl, wait for her menus to open up, turn in the quest, accept it again, then skip a cutscene, load the mission only for you to be ambushed and for Vivi to be knocked out on the first fucking turn, at which point you repeat the whole lengthy process.

Absolute garbage tier design

I think I'm about mid-way through, possibly not even that far (Chapter...12? 13? Maybe), so while it's not a spoiler I'll tag it anyway because I liked getting to it.

I loved the way they blended Figaro Castle and the D-District Prison into one single chapter. The prison is one my the most memorable bits of FFVIII for me, so I was hoping it'd turn up, but after the castle I thought they wouldn't bother to have two different digging areas, so I was pleasantly surprised that they merged the two together, as well as Mako Reactor 0 from Dirge of Cerberus. The ultimate underground chapter.

Big Bridge next. The hints I've seen from this topic so far is that it's going to be superb. The area without sun hints always remind me of Deling City, although it was never going to be that. Also, Edgar's great, and I want a WoFF Vivi doll.

So far, this game is great. Was unsure about the chibi art style and generic JRPG trope protagonists at first, but I've kept an open mind and it's definitely paid off. The music remixes are pretty great too, you tell me a dubstep version of Hunter's Chance would be in the game and I'd have probably slapped you, but it's turned out better than I thought.

I'm only 10 hours in, so take this for what you will. If you want to overlevel, pick Ramuh. He allows you to farm early game and get 6-10k exp per fight crazy easily. Also, you'll get a chance relatively early to recruit Right Claw - do so and level him to get the skill that prevents enemies from escaping. Really helpful for a few specific early game mirages that like to flee.

Oh and check out your mirages and make sure you work towards the field abilities. Sizzle, Flutter, etc. These are important for finding secret areas and such.

Just to be clear this is where
I choose to fight between RuMar, Shiva, or Ifrit right? Just want to make sure cause the Mirage Shiva gives looks more apealing.

I decided to start over the game and I'm glad I did. I picked up on some story bits I missed out on my first trail run.

Can anyone explain to me how "you unlocked another mirage board" works?

I dont get it. Do I still need to imprism that mirage for it to show up on the manual?

Edit: also fuck bablizz that just wont showup... 2 hours farming for it and got nothing.

Can anyone explain to me how "you unlocked another mirage board" works?

I dont get it. Do I still need to imprism that mirage for it to show up on the manual?

Edit: also fuck bablizz that just wont showup... 2 hours farming for it and got nothing.

You can only unlock those extra mirage boards after you've discovered the mirage. After that, you can transfigure in the prism case.

CLBridges

I'm about 4 hours in and my opinion on the game is steadily increasing. I'm kinda liking the imprism/stacking thing and changing the battle mode to wait is more of my speed versus active. Honestly feels like I'm playing an alternate version of FF13-2 for some reason.

SilverArrow20XX

Just completed the second of the three post-post game dungeons. Huge jump in difficulty. Really had to try every battle for a while in the low 60s. Now my party's around 75 though and it's pretty easy again.

I tried, but it only said "baby bahamut prism" required.. Hopefully, another one spawns..

You mean Behemoth right? I'm fairly certain there is no baby Bahamut, even though I really want one.

Any tip to win the final boss battle?
exnine bahamut: the final battles are pretty lame IMO, it's so boring, I'm really considering drop it and not coming back, the first 4 bosses are almost auto-attack easy, but the last one get really really annoying, specially because he has 4 turns at the end (less than 1/4 hp) before you get one, and if he manage to confuse you, you're pretty much death.

So, any strategy? other than haste/curaga all turns?

Razmos

exnine bahamut: the final battles are pretty lame IMO, it's so boring, I'm really considering drop it and not coming back, the first 4 bosses are almost auto-attack easy, but the last one get really really annoying, specially because he has 4 turns at the end (less than 1/4 hp) before you get one, and if he manage to confuse you, you're pretty much death.

When he's charging his megaton cannon he has -200% to all elements except a random one which he absorbs. As soon as the countdown starts, unstack one of your stacks and get all 3 of them to use an elemental spellstone, then restack before the attack hits. Using an -aja level spell works too, I finished him off with a 12k damage Blizzaja lol

Protect against confusion if you can. After that simply wait until he starts the countdown for his super move, unstack everyone and then have everyone throw the strongest spellstones you have.

When his countdown starts his resistance to certain elements becomes stupidly weak. I used a bunch of earth spellstones and killed him super fast using this technique. You could use Libra just to check which ones he is weakest to.

A week ago I gave the same advice to someone else on here who was having trouble with the fight and they beat it first time using this method.

eXistor

When he prepares for MegaFlare, his elemental resistances (all except 1, for me it was Earth) drop to -200. At this point unstack and use elemental stones. The Spellstones do 9000 damage at this point

oh, cool, thanks guys, will try to do that when I get home.
It bores me that to retry I have to skip too many cutscene and easy boss fights.

I don't know why after the
credits / false ending
I don't have audio in the cutscenes anymore, I tried restarting the vita, the game, turn it off in settings, restart the game, turn it on, and nothing, is anyone else having this problem?

ZeroX03

Banned
You mean Behemoth right? I'm fairly certain there is no baby Bahamut, even though I really want one.

CulEeYdWIAAtqv0.jpg
?

Cornbread78

Cornbread accidentally wrote Bahamut instead of Behemoth, that's what SilverArrow was getting at :p.

Behemoth =/= Bahamut

I'm sorry ok, I gave him my own stupid name since I forgot.

*single tear*

In other news,

Is there another way to find mirages and capture them outside of random battles? I had one of those eyes attack me in the first cave, but was unable to capture him, but I've been walking around for an hour now and he has not shown up since..

SilverArrow20XX

I'm sorry ok, I gave him my own stupid name since I forgot.

*single tear*

In other news,

Is there another way to find mirages and capture them outside of random battles? I had one of those eyes attack me in the first cave, but was unable to capture him, but I've been walking around for an hour now and he has not shown up since..

You can transfig into mirages of the same family. So, if you have the little eye, you don't need to capture an Ahriman, you can just evolve your little eye. And if you've ever encountered a Blood Eye or a Buer, you can transfigure your Ahriman or little eye into them. As long as you catch a single member of the entire family, you don't need to bother hunting down the rarer variants.

I think the only required rare encounter is the baby Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh mirages, though if you wait, the world map Mirkrifts have fixed fights with all of them, so you can catch them there.

Cornbread78

You can transfig into mirages of the same family. So, if you have the little eye, you don't need to capture an Ahriman, you can just evolve your little eye. And if you've ever encountered a Blood Eye or a Buer, you can transfigure your Ahriman or little eye into them. As long as you catch a single member of the entire family, you don't need to bother hunting down the rarer variants.

I think the only required rare encounter is the baby Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh mirages, though if you wait, the world map Mirkrifts have fixed fights with all of them, so you can catch them there.

So you can "down shift" a mirage as well if you miss one and go from an Ahriman down to a little eye?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just to be clear this is where
I choose to fight between RuMar, Shiva, or Ifrit right? Just want to make sure cause the Mirage Shiva gives looks more apealing.

I decided to start over the game and I'm glad I did. I picked up on some story bits I missed out on my first trail run.

I missed your post here yesterday, sorry.

Yes, you'll have a chance very early on to pick your fight. If you don't mind trivializing the difficulty early on, Ramuh will make it so you can level up crazy quick once you can break a rock and use flutter.

SilverArrow20XX

So you can "down shift" a mirage as well if you miss one and go from an Ahriman down to a little eye?

Yeah, but they have requirements, usually by level, or the most powerful needs a "memento".

Yeah, you can downshift. Just fill out the board and unlock the lower form there. It's usually accessible at a pretty low level. I don't think down shifting ever even has a level requirement. Evolving usually requires a level or certain story fights to have been completed for a momento to unlock, such as the Black version of Fenrir that evolves from Black Nakk. If the evolved form can be found in the wild, it'll just be a level requirement though, and chances are it'll be a level you can reach fast if you're already encountering the evolved form.

Transfigging into cousin species requires you to have seen and defeated that mirage before. It also usually requires a much higher level than required for evolutions. Usually level 45 or so, even if the cousin is easily catchable at a much lower level.

Okay, what in the hell do you have to do to imprism a Babyhemoth?

I got it down to a sliver of health, and it broke out of 20ish attempts to imprism it before I just gave up and killed it.

SilverArrow20XX

I got it down to a sliver of health, and it broke out of 20ish attempts to imprism it before I just gave up and killed it.

Heal it, damage it again, heal it again, and repeat until his imprism aura is really big. Your chances increase every time.

Cornbread78

glad to know I wasn't the only one, lol. It took my a couple tries, but I finally got the lil' bastard.

He sits nicely on top of Reynn's head now.

Yeah, you can downshift. Just fill out the board and unlock the lower form there. It's usually accessible at a pretty low level. I don't think down shifting ever even has a level requirement. Evolving usually requires a level or certain story fights to have been completed for a momento to unlock, such as the Black version of Fenrir that evolves from Black Nakk. If the evolved form can be found in the wild, it'll just be a level requirement though, and chances are it'll be a level you can reach fast if you're already encountering the evolved form.

Transfigging into cousin species requires you to have seen and defeated that mirage before. It also usually requires a much higher level than required for evolutions. Usually level 45 or so, even if the cousin is easily catchable at a much lower level.

I'm still getting used to all these nuances of the game. I just fought a black chocochick as well, but killed it in one shot, but it was placed on the map like an npc and not an enemy. (it game me a momento) will I still get a chance to capture it later?

Whizkid7

I'm still getting used to all these nuances of the game. I just fought a black chocochick as well, but killed it in one shot, but it was placed on the map like an npc and not an enemy. (it game me a momento) will I still get a chance to capture it later?

There's several Mirages that show up like that - they usually respawn when you leave the area and come back. All of them give mementos as well, as far as I can tell.

Wagram

So the ending kind of sucks. I mean I suppose I technically have to do it one more time for a small bonus or something, but yeah, pretty lame if that's it.

Luigi87

Well that's annoying.
Sure you can fast forward, but it is really annoying that I can't skip the cutscenes leading into the final battles.

SilverArrow20XX

Yup. Simply return to Nine Wood Hills, and then go back and he'll have respawned. That momento can also be used to transfig any regular chocobo you have into a black one.

Well that's annoying.
Sure you can fast forward, but it is really annoying that I can't skip the cutscenes leading into the final battles.

You can. Just pause and press triangle. Sometimes the option's not there until a second or two into the scene for some reason, but it's definitely there.

Luigi87

Yup. Simply return to Nine Wood Hills, and then go back and he'll have respawned. That momento can also be used to transfig any regular chocobo you have into a black one.

You can. Just pause and press triangle. Sometimes the option's not there until a second or two into the scene for some reason, but it's definitely there.

It never came up for me, and I checked numerous times throughout the scenes. Quite possibly glitched then. I've only retried once so far, so I'll check if it happens again.

SilverArrow20XX

It never came up for me, and I checked numerous times throughout the scenes. Quite possibly glitched then. I've only retried once so far, so I'll check if it happens again.

Weird. Last boss took me four tries, and I skipped the scenes on every try after my first.

Edit: Wait, are you talking about the Chapter 21 last bosses, or the post-script last bosses? They're a completely different series of events leading to a completely new ending. I beat the chapter 21 bosses on my first try, so I never tried skipping there.

Top Bottom