• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy |OT| Lightning Inside

Luigi87

Weird. Last boss took me four tries, and I skipped the scenes on every try after my first.

Edit: Wait, are you talking about the Chapter 21 last bosses, or the post-script last bosses? They're a completely different series of events leading to a completely new ending. I beat the chapter 21 bosses on my first try, so I never tried skipping there.

Post-script.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm slowly progressing through the game (just met up with Snow), and the game is... decent? It's starting to become really repetitive right now, but the main gameplay loop is still enjoyable enough. I just hope there will be more variety later on, the repetition is little weary.

Beat the game earlier. Now will tackle some postscript stuff.

I was over levelled so the main game was never a challenge. But had a lot of fun playing it. Some cool moments. I feel the game had a lot more potential to be really great however. The story was utter tosh and barely cared for it. The dungeons were pretty bland on the whole but serviceable. Those mini games in the Girl with No Name room were shocking. Like WTF. Loved the chibi characters. The game oozed charisma and cuteness. But the medals/champions I think for me were a little underused. I did like you can change the battle theme when you get a new champion. Weird that Sephiroths cut scene was cgi and not fast forwardable.

I think the game would have been better if the dungeons/towns/areas more followed the FF games in general and copied parts more accurately. Like you visited Midgar and you went to dungeons within VII and met/unlocked VII characters within there. A bit more Kingdom Hearts like but for FF.

However the gameplay/battle system worked very nicely. Enjoyed capturing monsters and levelling/unlocking abilities. It was good you could mix n match but in the end I stuck with just 4 for pretty much half the game with you being able to make up the missing abilities from Mirajewels.

I think I'd rate it a 7 overall and very much worth buying and playing if you like FF/jrpgs in general.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Ugh. I've been keeping a tally of every chest in the game I've collected. Just collected the last one and compared it to the guide. My checklist matches the guide 100%. I didn't get the trophy.

There's a special place in hell for whoever thought treasure hunter trophies were a good idea.

I also completed the bestiary 100% yet somehow I apparently missed a secret area, cause I didn't get that trophy either.

Edit: Found my last chest in the Watchplains. In the first area hidden behind that nook before the entrance to the second area. Trophy get. I am flabbergasted that I am still somehow missing a secret area though.

Arkeband

Banned
So what'a the process for grinding and progressing post-ending?

I tried a bonus dungeon and it looks like it's just reused dungeon assets without maps and reused enemies with beefed up stats and they wrecked me.

What should I be doing first?

SilverArrow20XX

Found my last secret area. Chainroad. So that's where the Paleberry King was. I figured he was just a rare encounter and just evolved my Paleberry instead of looking for him. I don't know where I got a Paleberry King momento to get one in the first place though. Maybe you don't need one to transfig into one from Tonberry King.

So what'a the process for grinding and progressing post-ending?

I tried a bonus dungeon and it looks like it's just reused dungeon assets without maps and reused enemies with beefed up stats and they wrecked me.

What should I be doing first?

I'd level up in the post-script Icicle Ridge area until you're around the early mid 60s. Should be able to handle the EX dungeons then, and your levels will skyrocket in there. Just completing the dungeons while looking for chests took me from 63 to 84. The passive EXP in there is also enough to master most mirages without too much of a time sink. I imagine once I'm 99 and can clear these mobs very quickly, I'll be mastering a good 6 mirages an hour, plus all their cousin boards. Maybe more.

This fucking game.

"Dude you are in the last dungeon, it's been a long trek, I know, but guess what? You forgot the key. The key to move this square fuck. I know you could just hop over him, but for the sake of the story, I'm gonna need you to go back all the way through like six flights of fucking stairs - random battles and everything - and find it. Then bring it back down three flights of stairs."

Simply go fuck yourself.

The random battles finally got to me. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had Dispel in this game, or if both the Bridge and Trainyard weren't so damn long. I know there's a lower encounter rate, but I don't want to travel all the way back on that goddamn bridge and endure the Vita's loading screens in order to lessen-but-not-cancel the fucking random battles.

N° 2048

The random battles finally got to me. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had Dispel in this game, or if both the Bridge and Trainyard weren't so damn long. I know there's a lower encounter rate, but I don't want to travel all the way back on that goddamn bridge and endure the Vita's loading screens in order to lessen-but-not-cancel the fucking random battles.

On Vita here too.
For some reason after Chapter 16 I got three second long white screens before every random battle. Towards Chapter 19 I was just ready to fucking finish the game.

Great game but damn it fell apart at the end.

awdrifter

I totally agree. The Exnine Castle really annoyed me. But not only that, after I got that ending, I found out it's not the true ending. So now I finally met the conditions of the true ending, the final boss's final form just wiped me out. I was lvl 68, now I'm lvl 78, still got killed. That's after 3 hours of grinding. I probably need to grind another 5 hrs to lvl 85+ in order to beat this final boss. This game reminds me of FF13-2 with it's ridiculous last bosses (the final boss battle of FF13-2 took me an hour).

N° 2048

I totally agree. The Exnine Castle really annoyed me. But not only that, after I got that ending, I found out it's not the true ending. So now I finally met the conditions of the true ending, the final boss's final form just wiped me out. I was lvl 68, now I'm lvl 78, still got killed. That's after 3 hours of grinding. I probably need to grind another 5 hrs to lvl 85+ in order to beat this final boss. This game reminds me of FF13-2 with it's ridiculous last bosses (the final boss battle of FF13-2 took me an hour).

Hmmm it's annoying but I beat final final bosses @ level 62 Reyyn and Lann not 85.

I used two Searchers with Gravity and spammed mega ethers + regen + curaga

SilverArrow20XX

Oh boy. This quest wants me to get 5 Star Curtains, which for some asinine reason, aren't available at the shop. Nor are they rewards for any coliseum fight or intervention quests. I wasted a bunch of these throughout the game for imprism conditions requiring reflect and some annoying bosses. Looks like the only way to get them is to farm squidrakens for rare drops.

So heads up. Save 5 Star Curtains or you will have to farm.

At level 68 even, you should be much stronger than him. His confuse/oblivion spamming makes him hard at any level because he'll make you kill yourself. He beat me a few times at level 63 because of this BS. Just do damage as fast as possible and when he starts charging his megaflare for the first time, his weaknesses will change to -200 for all elements. Take this opportunity to throw all the spellstones you can at him. Should make short work of him.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh boy. This quest wants me to get 5 Star Curtains, which for some asinine reason, aren't available at the shop. Nor are they rewards for any coliseum fight or intervention quests. I wasted a bunch of these throughout the game for imprism conditions requiring reflect and some annoying bosses. Looks like the only way to get them is to farm squidrakens for rare drops.

So heads up. Save 5 Star Curtains or you will have to farm.

I remember getting 5 Star Curtains in one of the interventions/miniventures.

crimilde

Banned
Finished it yesterday at level 61 and around 40h in. I'll probably come back to it to platinum at some point, I really had more fun than I was expecting playing it.

Credits spoilers

How cute was that little choreography they did at the end, seriously now? Chibi Cloud shaking his butt to the music made my day! I had this stupid grin on after finishing it that didn't leave me for quite some time.

SilverArrow20XX

I specifically told you not to waste battle items, the quests are why.

There are a few other quests with limited items that can only be earned otherwise from grinding rare drops too.

I only used spellstones in that battle lol. Those are easy to get. I think the only other battle items I've used besides for healing are the 7 or 8 curtains I used throughout the game and maybe like, 3 haste items.

awdrifter

I got lucky and beat the final boss at lvl 80. It tells me I can get something extra for beating it again, I can't anymore. So I'm quitting right here. But I just want to know what I would get for beating it the second time, is it anything story related? This game started out so well, but at the end I'm annoyed by almost everything they have put in. Why the fake first ending? Why the excessive grinding? Everything just falls apart after about 35 hours. It almost feels like MGS5's Chapter 2, it feels like they drastically changed directions. Maybe that's a call back to the grindiness of older FF games, but I feel like that's something that should've been left behind.

ZeroX03

Banned
I got lucky and beat the final boss at lvl 80. It tells me I can get something extra for beating it again, I can't anymore. So I'm quitting right here. But I just want to know what I would get for beating it the second time, is it anything story related? This game started out so well, but at the end I'm annoyed by almost everything they have put in. Why the fake first ending? Why the excessive grinding? Everything just falls apart after about 35 hours. It almost feels like MGS5's Chapter 2, it feels like they drastically changed directions. Maybe that's a call back to the grindiness of older FF games, but I feel like that's something that should've been left behind.

How can you not easily beat the final boss at level 80? It can be done relatively easily at level 60. It's really as simple as having status and elemental resist.

awdrifter

How can you not easily beat the final boss at level 80? It can be done relatively easily at level 60. It's really as simple as having status and elemental resist.

I either get toppled or the confusion (banishment?) status. Then because his ATB goes so fast, he can basically kill my toppled characters in 2 turns (but that's really 1 turn for my characters). Maybe I'm not using the right mirages for them, doesn't matter though, I'm done with this game. Going to start Deus Ex Mankind Divided or Dishonored 2 next, getting JRPG burn out.

ffvorax

So... how long is the main quest? + extra?

FFXV is releasing in 14 days and I need to understand if I have the time to finish this before it is available...
I don't want to rush too much WoFF, I would like to enjoy it...

So if I play let's say 2h at day -> 28h... for a jrpg seems not enough... :(

ZeroX03

Banned
I either get toppled or the confusion (banishment?) status. Then because his ATB goes so fast, he can basically kill my toppled characters in 2 turns (but that's really 1 turn for my characters). Maybe I'm not using the right mirages for them, doesn't matter though, I'm done with this game. Going to start Deus Ex Mankind Divided or Dishonored 2 next, getting JRPG burn out.

There are minions and mirajewels with confuse resist, along with abilities to reduce topple chance and you should have more than enough wobblestoppers.

You're more than high enough level, it seems you're complaining that you didn't bother to learn the basic mechanics and are annoyed you can't grind your way through. It's the final boss of the game, some preparation should be expected.

You can even cheese the boss by splitting your party and spamming attack items when they drop their elemental resistance.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So... how long is the main quest? + extra?

FFXV is releasing in 14 days and I need to understand if I have the time to finish this before it is available...
I don't want to rush too much WoFF, I would like to enjoy it...

So if I play let's say 2h at day -> 28h... for a jrpg seems not enough... :(

Game can be completed in 35-40 hours (
30 for ending 1, +5 for getting ending 2
). 70 hours if you want to platinum.

When he prepares for MegaFlare, his elemental resistances (all except 1, for me it was Earth) drop to -200. At this point unstack and use elemental stones. The Spellstones do 9000 damage at this point

Protect against confusion if you can. After that simply wait until he starts the countdown for his super move, unstack everyone and then have everyone throw the strongest spellstones you have.

When his countdown starts his resistance to certain elements becomes stupidly weak. I used a bunch of earth spellstones and killed him super fast using this technique. You could use Libra just to check which ones he is weakest to.

A week ago I gave the same advice to someone else on here who was having trouble with the fight and they beat it first time using this method.

When he's charging his megaton cannon he has -200% to all elements except a random one which he absorbs. As soon as the countdown starts, unstack one of your stacks and get all 3 of them to use an elemental spellstone, then restack before the attack hits. Using an -aja level spell works too, I finished him off with a 12k damage Blizzaja lol

Ok.. that was way to easy, at the first countdown I used 2 stones and I win, thanks guys!

I think I didn't pay too much attention, but
why did they lose their memories at the first place? and why where they jumping of the building on the intro?

and one more thing, is there anything else after the
dancing credit?, like save for extra dungeons or something?
, I think my or memory card is weird, but too lazy to redownload it, it got stucked in the middle of the credits scene, and I had to quit to main menu from pause.

Cornbread78

LOL. I just used the trick to capture and win the Princess Goblin battle at lvl 9 and it boosted my party up 10 levels.... That is a game breaking trick right there, lol. I just walk into a fight and win.

ULTROS!

Aaaaand... Platinum get:

th4f9Lp.png

72 hours. The Legendary Caretaker (Master 100 boards) is extremely grindy. You have to master 100 unique boards (but it's fine to switch family trees and counts as a new mastery).

Cornbread78

another NOOB question.

I unlocked the mythril Giant from my Copper Gnome, but how do I use that form in my stacks? I want to use it's Smash ability to break down this wall in the cave...

another NOOB question.

I unlocked the mythril Giant from my Copper Gnome, but how do I use that form in my stacks? I want to use it's Smash ability to break down this wall in the cave...

You need to transfig it by using a serafone/using a warp or save point to get to the menu that lets you swap out mirages.

SilverArrow20XX

Aaaaand... Platinum get:

th4f9Lp.png

72 hours. The Legendary Caretaker (Master 100 boards) is extremely grindy. You have to master 100 unique boards (but it's fine to switch family trees and counts as a new mastery).

Geeze. I'm just starting that grind and I'm 72 hours in. Still gotta farm some quest items too.

Wazzy

Banned
I love this game but I honestly don't think I have the patience to Platinum it.

I just got the
false ending and beat Bahamut intervention quest.
I'm still so upset at how awful Quistis sounds. Even worse is it sounds like she put more effort into the voice postscript and yet it's still not very good.

On Vita here too.
For some reason after Chapter 16 I got three second long white screens before every random battle. Towards Chapter 19 I was just ready to fucking finish the game.

Great game but damn it fell apart at the end.

I might just fucking get the Vita cheat thing going and alter the game's random encounter rate, if that's possible.

I just can't take it.

Oh my!

The
true end credits beginning
is possibly the cuteness and happiest thing I have ever seen ^_^

Levelled my self to 80 to unlock another mirajewel slot. Not that it was ended but did it for completion sake. The last boses were a complete walk in the park because of it however. Didn't really need anything but physical attack power.

Actually enjoyed the post script bits and doing all the missions. On to the next unlocks now.

I'm not going to go out and platinum it but had fun doing end game stuff and finding/unlocking more mirages/abilities.

I missed your post here yesterday, sorry.

Yes, you'll have a chance very early on to pick your fight. If you don't mind trivializing the difficulty early on, Ramuh will make it so you can level up crazy quick once you can break a rock and use flutter.

Nice. I'll restart now. Thanks for the reply.

Finished the game today. The game was pretty much a breeze bar the final boss, which I have to grind some mirajewels to get through.

Will buy a sequel if Zidane or Garnet is in.

Clocked at 37 hours with both MCs at level 64.

ULTROS!

So regarding the ending

How did you guys find it? What were your thoughts on the overall story? The game went from giddy and happy to downright sad.

Oh my!

The
true end credits beginning
is possibly the cuteness and happiest thing I have ever seen ^_^

Levelled my self to 80 to unlock another mirajewel slot. Not that it was ended but did it for completion sake. The last boses were a complete walk in the park because of it however. Didn't really need anything but physical attack power.

Actually enjoyed the post script bits and doing all the missions. On to the next unlocks now.

I'm not going to go out and platinum it but had fun doing end game stuff and finding/unlocking more mirages/abilities.

How do you level up so high? Any good grinding spot??

So regarding the ending

How did you guys find it? What were your thoughts on the overall story? The game went from giddy and happy to downright sad.

It's a fake ending, continue your save

ULTROS!

It's a fake ending

Major spoilers:

Even the real ending isn't exactly happy.

It's like your parents are still dead no matter what.

Shoeless

Major spoilers:

It got surprisingly dark right at the end with all the "This is entirely your fault due to the arrogance of youth and you've got to clean all this up no matter the cost" stuff they threw in. I was quite surprised at that turn, since it had been so fluffy and bouncy up until then, and suddenly started tackling responsibility and atonement head on like that.

I was pretty satisfied with the ending. I wouldn't mind more games in this "continuum" with the other Worlds of fantasy being high lighted, and new stories. I think Grymoire is pretty much done, we don't really need a reason to return to it, but the larger story of different worlds, with different versions of these FF characters in them leaves the door open for a lot of stories and the possibility of bringing back Lann and Reynn.

I also want to see some FFXII references in there next time, I went through the whole game waiting for Fran and Balthier to show up, chibi-fied and was shocked and disappointed I didn't get that.

Major spoilers:

Spoilers:

I like the ending. It's not a happily ever after ending, but I still consider it a happy enough ending.

I feel like Reyn and Lann have accomplished their goals, which are regaining their memories and finding their parents, albeit dead. And while doing so also managed to save Grimoire.

awdrifter

There are minions and mirajewels with confuse resist, along with abilities to reduce topple chance and you should have more than enough wobblestoppers.

You're more than high enough level, it seems you're complaining that you didn't bother to learn the basic mechanics and are annoyed you can't grind your way through. It's the final boss of the game, some preparation should be expected.

You can even cheese the boss by splitting your party and spamming attack items when they drop their elemental resistance.

I actually have no problem with any other fights before, so I'm pretty sure this is a difficulty jump. I grinded almost 4 hours specifically for this boss fight, so I would say I'm willing to grind my way through if it's reasonable. But I think this is edging close to being unreasonable amount of grinding. Maybe I'm not at the most efficient grinding spot, I've seen some YouTube videos showing 130k+ exp spots, but regardless of the grind for the final boss, the game was losing momentum for me after about 35 hours anyways. I'm just glad I'm done at this point.

ZeroX03

Banned
I actually have no problem with any other fights before, so I'm pretty sure this is a difficulty jump. I grinded almost 4 hours specifically for this boss fight, so I would say I'm willing to grind my way through if it's reasonable. But I think this is edging close to being unreasonable amount of grinding. Maybe I'm not at the most efficient grinding spot, I've seen some YouTube videos showing 130k+ exp spots, but regardless of the grind for the final boss, the game was losing momentum for me after about 35 hours anyways. I'm just glad I'm done at this point.

It has nothing to do with grinding. You're way over leveled. All you need to do is put on dark/confuse resist and the boss is easy. The grind has nothing to do with you being too stubborn to stop and think for thirty seconds how to stop yourself getting confused, wobbled and how to reduce damage. I can't help but find it funny you wasted four hours when really all you needed was to grab a few mirajewels.

SilverArrow20XX

Have all the trophies except Master 100 Mirages and Imprism All Mirages now. Just missing Master Tonberry and Ultima weapon, who are both gated by "massive damage" imprism requirements that are impossible without being a very high level.

Currently grinding in the save point area of the fourth EX dungeon and mastering everything. Just hit level 90. I'm 84 hours in.

ULTROS!

I didn't even know who Sherlotta and Undead Princess was until I searched them in Google ._.

Top Bottom