• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
*chuckles* I actually made it on the Wall of Shame. And I think that's with me joining the conversation halfway through the thread.

Do Gaffers play together?

I don't currently... may in the future. Have a lot of stuff going on right now myself so I have not been able to play as much. Feels silly sharing my ID and then I never seem to be on.

Tarazet

Not feeling motivated to grind to Exalted for Golden Lotus and Klaxxi. I'll leave those alone until 5.1 and see if they make the rep gains faster like they suggested. I would only wear the tabard, and I prefer the Shado-Pan design. I don't care about the mounts because lol druid, and my alts are 85 so they can't fly yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Done everything for today. Just waiting for Blizz to open the servers now :(

Not feeling motivated to grind to Exalted for Golden Lotus and Klaxxi. I'll leave those alone until 5.1 and see if they make the rep gains faster like they suggested. I would only wear the tabard, and I prefer the Shado-Pan design. I don't care about the mounts because lol druid, and my alts are 85 so they can't fly yet.

Yeah I have those on the back burner now as well. The mounts are not going anywhere and the grind will be a lot easier in the near future.

aesop

I really hope Blizz makes bigger rep changes for 5.1. I really want to level my mage but it's pretty daunting, even with the proposed changes.

Berordn

I really hope Blizz makes bigger rep changes for 5.1. I really want to level my mage but it's pretty daunting, even with the proposed changes.

If they keep adding reputations to the game, they'll probably increase the amount you get from dailies for the current ones, or something. Maybe add commendation badges like that did in Wrath when we get closer to the end.

strafer

I'm thinking about emailing Blizzard and ask if they can retrieve my old account, still getting Blizzard spam to that email, somehow I think that account has been hacked, some years back I got a mail saying something about a character transfer, didn't recognise the name.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've already got the ilvl requirement to hit Terrace of Endless Spring =V (I think its 470, and I have 472 or something) Amusingly enough, I don't even raid anymore, I just filled in on Feng for a friend last week and got a helm with an Elder Coin.

New thread, hello!

And I knew I was up on that wall of shame, closing in on first if not first (posted consistently throughout all of OT3's life, and for the latter days of OT2 before that.)

Looking forward to server ups today, though there's also the D3 patch I want to check out. Been having fun with alt leveling more than playing my DK at the moment.

And I've come to realize how fucking useful the Anglers water strider mount could be (at least on alts w/o flying yet.) Really want it, but it's gonna take awhile yet. Turtle from fishing would be nice too, but I haven't had the luck for that throughout 2 expansions so far, so I'm not holding my breath.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck it, gonna take a rest. I'll be back when my inner self wakes me up.

Lucis

As a tank, is there anything important to know when doing looking for raid?

longest ever queue time

Also, I really don't like the fact I can't raid anymore =(, not because I am incapable of raiding, not because I can't find time (you can always find a few hours a week). The fact that you need to have dedicated time at a certain time slot every week is what gets me.

Challenge mode seems very hard... I am not sure what the gear scaling will be like, does anyone know what's the ilevel cap they will scale down to? I feel like it's a lot more than heroic 463...

Berordn

Challenge mode seems very hard... I am not sure what the gear scaling will be like, does anyone know what's the ilevel cap they will scale down to? I feel like it's a lot more than heroic 463...

The scaling affects each item individually, but only scales down to 463. If you have an average of 463 but a lot of 440 and 450 items, they remain unchanged and you'll effectively be gimping yourself.

Challenge modes are also significantly harder than heroics to begin with, so that's probably why the scaling seems so drastic.

Lucis

The scaling affects each item individually, but only scales down to 463. If you have an average of 463 but a lot of 440 and 450 items, they remain unchanged and you'll effectively be gimping yourself.

Challenge modes are also significantly harder than heroics to begin with, so that's probably why the scaling seems so drastic.

I see, when I said heroic 463, I was not comparing it with heroic, I was simplying putting a name next to the 463 number. I feel like challenge mode is a lot more gimmicky, to get gold you will have to by pass trash with invisibility potion, food/potion up all the way. While I believe I have the ability to get gold with some attempts, the hard part will still be finding 4 other people to do this with.

Also... can't wait for single player pve content (brawler's guild), will be epic, do not need others lol

Another thing I like is that now I can actually solo kael thas with my main (shaman), so I can finally get to farm that phoenix mount independently

Robin64

I feel like challenge mode is a lot more gimmicky, to get gold you will have to by pass trash with invisibility potion, food/potion up all the way. While I believe I have the ability to get gold with some attempts, the hard part will still be finding 4 other people to do this with.

The thing is, even if gold didn't require that, there would be people doing so just to get the best times. And then compared to their times, gold would seem easy. So really, they need to make gold for the best of the best of the best. Sir.

Lucis

The thing is, even if gold didn't require that, there would be people doing so just to get the best times. And then compared to their times, gold would seem easy. So really, they need to make gold for the best of the best of the best. Sir.

Food flask potions are understandable. what I don't like is the invis pot part, they could have taken trash out of the encounter to be honest, or make them see through invis.

How do you actually get the token for the challenge mode hpoenix?

Robin64

Well invis will only help so much given that each dungeon has a trash killed requirement too. I dunno, I just feel like people should be able to use every tool the game has to offer in order to get the absolute best possible time.

Berordn

Food flask potions are understandable. what I don't like is the invis pot part, they could have taken trash out of the encounter to be honest, or make them see through invis.

You're required to clear a certain amount of trash. You can't just invis/stealth past everything to just hit up the bosses and call it done.

Lucis

You're required to clear a certain amount of trash. You can't just invis/stealth past everything to just hit up the bosses and call it done.

I do not dispute that, I just said it feels gimmicky. I will definitely want to archive gold some times with in this expansion, meaning I agree I will be doing the same thing.

Glad I have a warlock alt, sounds like a fun chain. Would be better if it's all soloable too

JCizzle

Maybe not. But if I know how it works. I can tell people that blame me incorrectly to sit down and shut up, I always enjoy that :p

Longest queue was no joke, I'm not even going to bother because last time I tried it was over 2 hours. It's ridiculous.

strafer

I do not dispute that, I just said it feels gimmicky. I will definitely want to archive gold some times with in this expansion, meaning I agree I will be doing the same thing.

Glad I have a warlock alt, sounds like a fun chain. Would be better if it's all soloable too

It probably is.

Yoshichan

Nope, can't sleep. Come on, servers...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Groovy, new OT. Nice work Entropia, but wouldn't a more general banner be better than just the Mists of Pandaria logo? Not that it matters really, but some kind kind of collage with Kel'Thuzad, Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing and someone else (Garrosh?) would be nice.

Yoshichan

SERVERS ARE UPPPPPPPP

GOGOGOGO

Screw it, I'm jumping back in WoW again lol. Question, is there an official GAF server in the US? Also, anyone selling or know where to get a WoW timecard on the cheap?

Yoshichan

Fastest Sha kill I've ever seen. God damn.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Man, it would be nice if locks finally got the green fire they have been asking for now for years. My main is an alliance druid but my old main is a level 80 horde warlock on a different server. I really don't want to pay the $50 to transfer him over to my alliance server, but this may tempt me to do just that. Or maybe I'll just level up a new one and save the money.

Hmmm, is the $50 price worth more to me than the 84+ hours it would take to level up a new warlock...?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Does the loot in lfr depend on what your spec is, or what role you choose?

The role that you chose, but the system is capable of "detecting" your spec, it just doesn't in LFR because you'd just switch specs and be useless to farm tanking gear otherwise. It does detect your spec when you fight Salyis's Warband and Sha of Anger.

As for servers, Mal'Ganis is a very very large Horde server that will always be recommended for its size alone. However, there's some debate at this point whether "enormous server" makes as much of a difference with Cross Realm Zones, Battletag grouping, etc. As a new/returning player you're probably not going to get into one of those super important raiding guilds on MG anyways and you apparently have to camp the World Bosses for 30 hours. I mean, you also have to roll Horde, which isn't necessarily what everyone wants.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Do you have access to heirlooms? Even without, it would take less than 85 hours to get him to 85, at least.

All of my heirlooms are on my horde characters, so I don't have them. However, I'm exalted with my guild (lvl 25) on my alliance druid so I think I can buy some heirlooms there.

Anyone know offhand how long it takes to level a new toon from 0 to 90 now? Both with or without heirlooms? I know it's faster than it used to be, but is it really under 7 days total play time now?

Berordn

All of my heirlooms are on my horde characters, so I don't have them. However, I'm exalted with my guild (lvl 25) on my alliance druid so I think I can buy some heirlooms there.

Anyone know offhand how long it takes to level a new toon from 0 to 90 now? Both with or without heirlooms? I know it's faster than it used to be, but is it really under 7 days total play time now?

Guild gives Legs/Back/Helm and those carry to 85, so that's 25% bonus XP right there. Chest and Shoulders cost 2250 JP and would give an extra 20% if you had the JP to drop.

Tarazet

Guild gives Legs/Back/Helm and those carry to 85, so that's 25% bonus XP right there. Chest and Shoulders cost 2250 JP and would give an extra 20% if you had the JP to drop.

These days, I'm using my 85 alts to grind for JP because it's so much easier that way. The rewards are much better than running 90 Heroics or even scenarios on my main.

ampere

You can mail heirlooms cross faction as long as they are on the same realm.

It's really quick to level now, faster 1-90 than the old 1-60, but I don't have an hour count in mind

Yoshichan

What're the odds of that huh?

Sha kill #1: Tier legs
Sha kill #2: Tier gloves

Angry Grimace

Depends on class. Monks are going to level very quickly due to the fact they get a daily 1 hour buff for 50% additional XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom