• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
You can mail heirlooms cross faction as long as they are on the same realm.

It's really quick to level now, faster 1-90 than the old 1-60, but I don't have an hour count in mind

Nah, my hordies are a different realm than my allys. If I could mail it cross realm though that would be sweet, lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How are the resto Druid set bonuses this time around? Can't remember.
2p is rejuvenation cost by 10%, which is good in the long term (you can do A LOT of theorycrafting about this).
4p is reduces cooldown of swiftmend by 3 seconds (to 12 seconds), which is really good - and a straight up increase in hps.

Robin64

Log on, do Lotus dailies (which is three hubs worth now since hitting Honored), feel too tired to do much else. Joy.

Fularu

Banned
Not a fan of the fact that even after I have done the dailies to unlock rep it cost VP to buy shit

I agree that it's a terrible design

Valor items behind a rep grind sounds dumb and is just an artificial wall to make them available as late as possible. I doubt this philosophy will stick

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOLOLOL, people falling down in the Elegon fight on LFR.

Jrmint

2p is rejuvenation cost by 10%, which is good in the long term (you can do A LOT of theorycrafting about this).
4p is reduces cooldown of swiftmend by 3 seconds (to 12 seconds), which is really good - and a straight up increase in hps.
Wow those are awesome.

Better than T13 honestly. I especially love the SM one.

Yoshichan

Wow those are awesome.

Better than T13 honestly. I especially love the SM one.
T13 was the worst shit I had ever witnessed in my entire life as a rdruid. I got the 4p heroic Firelands-set and kept using that throughout the whole Cataclysm-expansion (heartfire ♥ ♥ ♥)

Berordn

I agree that it's a terrible design

Valor items behind a rep grind sounds dumb and is just an artificial wall to make them available as late as possible. I doubt this philosophy will stick

It wasn't even their original design, they just threw items on the vendors late in the beta since they didn't have the upgrade system ready. The reason Valor's in such short supply was because we weren't supposed to be using it to buy items.

Tarazet

I realized something. Currently, the Feral Druid's Shred does 20% more damage than Mangle against bleeding targets. However, it costs 15% more energy (40 vs. 35), which means the effective DPE difference is about 5%. Furthermore, Shred costs more energy, but gives the same combo points as Mangle. It seems to me that if you're running with Dream of Cenarius, which can proc with free Healing Touches 100% of the time after a 5-point finisher, it may actually be preferable to use Mangle instead of Shred for the improved combo point generation. I'll have to do some testing and see how this plays out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The tier bonuses for first level dungeons are rarely that interesting, probably on purpose.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Log on, do Lotus dailies (which is three hubs worth now since hitting Honored), feel too tired to do much else. Joy.
I'm 11212/12000 to revered with Golden Lotus. And I just finished the daily quests for today. Ah, why can't they just bring on the reputation rewards. Or do something to provide an alternative to these boring daily quests (at least those in Vale of Eternal Blossoms).

Yoshichan

The tier bonuses for first level dungeons are rarely that interesting, probably on purpose.
I find it to be the complete opposite for Rdruids.

Firelands = Amazing
Dragon Soul = Shit

5.0.1 = Amazing
5.1 = We'll see

Yoshichan

Getting loot left and right from LFR... that I already have the normal version of ;_;

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

August Celestials/Shado-pan dailies are so much better. You do 1 hub of 5 quests for 300 rep each. The only thing that sucks is that I didn't cap Valor or even come close last week since I no longer was getting shitloads of coins and valor per quest since the actual volume of quests was so much lower.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Looking forward to 3 new bosses in LFR tonight. I've harvested heroics for all they are worth mostly.

Angry Grimace

Looking forward to 3 new bosses in LFR tonight. I've harvested heroics for all they are worth mostly.

I can't pop a single trinket. I have 471 gear level now, but I still have the 450 engineering trinket and a crummy Coren's Direshit Coaster. I really want that damn Carbonic Carbuncle, but it never drops. There's some decent stuff off of LFR though that I could try out. I think I still have 6 Elder's Tokens left and I have at least LFR versions of the loot off of the first three bosses.

aesop

What're the odds of that huh?

Sha kill #1: Tier legs
Sha kill #2: Tier gloves

Hate.

Here's my luck for comparison:

Sha kill #1: Gold Bonus Roll: Gold
Sha kill #2: Gold Bonus Roll: Gold

LFR
Stone Guard: Gold Bonus Roll: Gold
Feng: Gold Bonus Roll: Gold
Spirit Binder: Gold Bonus Roll: Gold

Keyboard: Snapped
not really

Angry Grimace

Mine is

LFR:

Stone Guard - loot (coin: Gold)
Feng: Gold - (coin:Gold)
Spirit Binder - gold (coin: loot)

Normal - Feng (nothing dropped for my class), got a helm with a coin.

Sha - Tier hands + gold on the coin
Galleon - gold + 396 chestpiece on the coin.

Yoshichan

Hate.

Here's my luck for comparison:

Sha kill #1: Gold Bonus Roll: Gold
Sha kill #2: Gold Bonus Roll: Gold

LFR
Stone Guard: Gold Bonus Roll: Gold
Feng: Gold Bonus Roll: Gold
Spirit Binder: Gold Bonus Roll: Gold

Keyboard: Snapped
not really
That's an insane bad luck right there man :/

Bizazedo

The entire western half of the map is phased based on the quests you are on, but there is usually a gathering of sprites by mistfall village.

Those stun, though.

There's a different group of sprites along the north, northwestern part of the map (to the east of Guo Lai) that has several spawn points of large clusters of them. These do not stun and are much easier to kill as a result.

One of the dailies sends you up here to get an Ancient Mogu Artifact occasionally. I believe the quest for honored has you rig an explosive to cause a cave in as well?

Even the ones who stun are easy kills, though.

Just finished doing both LFR and this week made up for getting nothing last week. Picked up a healing cloak, ring, and the mainhand off of the last boss (which also happened to be one of my last 450 pieces). Elegon was pretty hilarious in LFR too, who needs to pay attention to the floor?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I doubt I'll be using my bonus rolls in LFR. I'll only have 3 coins after I turn in the weekly quest and I'd rather save it for my actual raid.

Yoshichan

I accidentally clicked on the dice for my gold coin. Sigh.

Angry Grimace

World of Warcraft |OT4| of stop posting in |OT3|

Lucis

so far, 2 weeks of LFR + 2 weeks of normal raiding here's what I got:

first week normal raiding:
1st boss: nothing, coin: gold
2nd boss: nothing, coin: gold

second week normal raiding:
1st boss: nothing, no coin
2nd boss: nothing, coin: helm
3rd boss: nothing, coin: gold
4th boss: nothing, no more coin left!

Since I officially quit raiding with guild starting this week, I might use coin on LFR now...

first week LFR (which is second week raiding):
2nd boss: nothing, no coin
3rd boss: nothing, no coin

second week LFR (today):
2nd boss: offhand held in hand (I AM A SHAMAN LOLOLOLOL, I guess it's still an upgrade), no coin
3rd boss: nothing, no coin
haven't ran 2nd part of LFR yet today, will do later

2 sha of anger:
1st week: nothing, coin: nothing
2nd week: nothing, coin: nothing

ya... I don't think you can beat how bad this luck is by much ;)

I doubt I'll be using my bonus rolls in LFR. I'll only have 3 coins after I turn in the weekly quest and I'd rather save it for my actual raid.

I don't have a raid group right now, so I'm just throwing coins at everything. Obviously if you are raiding normal or heroic, it makes sense to roll the dice on bosses there that drop things you need.

Paladin is now 25. Got a bit bored with him. The dungeons left available at this level aren't that fun after you've milked them for quest XP, and Deadmines and Gnomergan don't give any (as Horde).

strafer

I was close to start a Warcraft Art thread, but then it hit me that it would be infested with hate.

Anyway, I love Warcraft Art, the people at Blizzard can really draw.

artwork-cataclysm-full.jpg

artwork-genn-greymane-full.jpg

env01-full.jpg

artwork-illidan03-full.jpg

region-zangarmarsh-full.jpg

region-hellfire-full.jpg

Angry Grimace

This NPC scan is OP. I need three more to unlock Glorious!.

I need

• Mantid
  • Mogu Warrior
  • Yaungol

Any tips?

Krarasang Wilds has very little in it, so it has a lot of rares up. There's a mantid in Jade Forest who is stealthed on a hill that doesn't trigger NPCscan, so he's up a lot, too.

2nd boss: offhand held in hand (I AM A SHAMAN LOLOLOLOL, I guess it's still an upgrade), no coin

Looking at what the different bosses dropped I was hoping Blizzard would be smart enough not to count these as drops for shield users, but I guess I was wrong.

Lucis

Looking at what the different bosses dropped I was hoping Blizzard would be smart enough not to count these as drops for shield users, but I guess I was wrong.

It's actually not that bad, I guess I lose 10% physical damage reduction, not really important, and you don't block when you cast, (actually is there still block for non tank specs?)

Also held in hand can be transmogged to the umbrella (I hope)! I will get that soon ;)

This NPC scan is OP. I need three more to unlock Glorious!.

I need

• Mantid
  • Mogu Warrior
  • Yaungol

Any tips?

You get anything from that archievement? wowhead shows nothing

JCizzle

So I was thinking about this a bit based on a post from a blue in the Rogue forums last week soliciting feedback: is there a class more visually outdated than Rogues? The only one I can think of is maybe Warrior.

I'm primarily talking about class animation effects and other things like that. They implemented a cool new stealth looking effect in Cata... which was promptly given to Hunters, for example. Other than stealth, which is still using the OG effect from vanilla, they really have no class effects that really stand out to me. I think that's a big reason why I'm having a lot more fun on other classes - because they need to look badass in addition to doing good numbers. I just don't get the "wow, this effect is freaking awesome" vibe from anything Rogues have. I think they need a patch focused on boosting shit like that since they're still the least played class, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom