• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaman weapons imbues are called ... imbues. Not enchantments.

Just got home to reply but skim through Shaman abilities. Both terms are used somewhat interchangeably. They definitely refer to them as enchants or enchantments.

For example, Lava Lash has this as part of the tooltip: " Damage is increased by 40% if your off-hand weapon is enchanted with Flametongue."

And there's Unleash Elements: "Focuses the elemental force imbued in the Shaman's weaponry, with the concentrated effects depending on the enchantment unleashed. If the same enchantment is present on both weapons, only one will be unleashed.

See individual weapon imbue spell tooltips for details regarding the effects of unleashing each."

So enchantments or imbues works but imbue isn't a noun. They don't have an imbue. They've been imbued. They're enchanted and have enchantments.

Westlo

So my Frost DK is now 90 and currently questing and treasure hunting at the Timeless Isle.

I think my ilvl is now 487 or so after some treasure chests and a coin purchase.

Should I keep farming here (and if so what should I be going for) or should I move on to something else?

There are a lot of LFR and dungeons available as well as challenges and scenarios.

This is my first 90 so I'm a little overwhelmed with how much there is to do.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2287/boosted-90-player-essentials

Read the pvp gearing part.

Go get 7500 Honor so you can get access to the 522 Ilevel weapons from Honor gear, a heck of a lot better than anything you'll get in Timeless and Throne of Thunder LFR.

You need 7500 to access the weapons even though they cost 3500, so you'll have enough honor left for something else to bump up your ilevel. And yes while they are pvp gear they are vastly superior to anything you can get outside of SoO LFR and up when it comes to weapons.

My Mage I've played since the start of MOP still has a 483 MH (which took about 20 weeks to drop ffs... but it was an upgrade at the time obviously and more importantly fit my transmog....) and 476 OH, I finally got a 502 MH wand drop last night though.

I'm going with honor weapon epics for my boosted Death Knight and Hunter...

M.D

There is. It was pretty cool. Even though I never got him down on heroic, It was really gratifying the first time my guild beat him in 25-man. Very cool experience.

Is it still a group quest, or is it solo now?
What quest line leads to this fight? I'm looking to finish only this one, but there's a ton of quests still and a lot of daily quests in this area

TheYanger

What quest line leads to this fight? I'm looking to finish only this one, but there's a ton of quests still and a lot of daily quests in this area

He's the last boss of the final raid of that expansion, so you'll need to get higher level or join a group with other people, but it's worth it :) No quest per se, just you guys and a dungeon and a badass boss.

Are you horde or alliance? EU or US? Might find someone here willing to take you through it at sub-90.

It's the last fight in Icecrown Citadel. At 90 there's a class or two where it's possible to solo but generally you can roll through it easily enough with just one or two people. With two others I was able to complete just about every single meta achievement in there and get to the end without too much trouble.

So no quests are needed to fight the Lich King but you at level 80 it requires a full raid. At higher levels it'll take fewer people. After WoD it'll definitely only need a single 100 to clear.

Edit: And beaten.

M.D

He's the last boss of the final raid of that expansion, so you'll need to get higher level or join a group with other people, but it's worth it :) No quest per se, just you guys and a dungeon and a badass boss.

Are you horde or alliance? EU or US? Might find someone here willing to take you through it at sub-90.

It's the last fight in Icecrown Citadel. At 90 there's a class or two where it's possible to solo but generally you can roll through it easily enough with just one or two people. With two others I was able to complete just about every single meta achievement in there and get to the end without too much trouble.

So no quests are needed to fight the Lich King but you at level 80 it requires a full raid. At higher levels it'll take fewer people. After WoD it'll definitely only need a single 100 to clear.

Edit: And beaten.

Sounds neat ;p thought it would be in a quest line, but I guess it makes more sense to fight defeat him as part of a raid
I thought I can do raids only at 85 tho?

I'm Alliance on The Maelstrom EU

TheYanger

There are raids at all 'expansion' levels of the game. Those are basically the end game content for group play at any given point, so all of the vanilla raids are level 60, the burning crusade 70, wrath 80, Cataclysm 85, Pandaria 90. That said, soloing them requires you to outgear/level the hell out of them. So at your level you'd need to be carried or find a legitimate group (Note: this won't happen), so most people do it at higher levels just to see it if they need. Wish it wasn't that way since you did miss some cool stuff, btu that's the nature of an ever evolving online game - the audience is not in that time period anymore so it's all you can do :/ It should still be fun :)

If you are just curious about the dialogue and stuff, this is my guild's which has all the audio for the characters. Even if you end up doing it it might be fun to see what it was like with a real group, outgearing things tends to be...different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6HYzRP8IvI part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtXEe2y7QSE part 2 (youtube didn't let you make videos this long back then).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIrj_Vqdfc The video that plays AFTER you finish the battle. Viewable in Dalaran by clicking the statue in the center.

Edit: Man now I'm watching, Arthas definitely has some of the best dialogue in the game god damn.
"When my work is complete, you will beg for mercy -- and I will deny you."

Fjordson

Sweet videos. Love Wrath so much. And Arthas was awesome.

Also, I solo Icecrown every week for Invincible and man that was a great raid. I liked Ulduar more, but ICC isn't too far behind for me. Such a cool looking zone with great atmosphere.

witness

Well I'm going to let my sub lapse and take a break. I'm a bit burnt out right now, so whenever 6.0 drops in October I'll come back and prep for WoD. Still excited for WoD but I just need a break.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Arthas and Thrall have always been the best things about the WC universe.

JNA

Banned
Well my account finally got activated so I guess now is the perfect time to ask this question :D.

I have two Blizzard accounts. One was an old account I used to play WoW on until three years ago when I stopped playing it and canceled the sub. When Hearthstone Beta was announced, I wanted to login to that account so that I can participate in the Beta, but the problem was that my old account has an authenticator on it, and the authenticator was an app I used on my old phone which I didn't use anymore. And when I tried getting the app on my other phone, it wouldn't work.

So I made a new account because apparently, (as far as I know, which is little and only from what I have heard) you have to jump through hoops just to remove that authenticator. And I have used this account since to this day for just Hearthstone. I mean, Hearthstone is the only Blizzard game I'm currently playing at the moment so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I'm thinking about going back to WoW possibly but the problem is that the expansions that I bought for it, old characters, etc, are all on my old account. Is there a way to merge my two accounts together somehow? Like have my expansions that I bought on my old account to my current one? Even my old characters I have on it as well?

Any help is gladly appreciated. :)

Fjordson

Well my account finally got activated so I guess now is the perfect time to ask this question :D.

I have two Blizzard accounts. One was an old account I used to play WoW on until three years ago when I stopped playing it and canceled the sub. When Hearthstone Beta was announced, I wanted to login to that account so that I can participate in the Beta, but the problem was that my old account has an authenticator on it, and the authenticator was an app I used on my old phone which I didn't use anymore. And when I tried getting the app on my other phone, it wouldn't work.

So I made a new account because apparently, (as far as I know, which is little and only from what I have heard) you have to jump through hoops just to remove that authenticator. And I have used this account since to this day for just Hearthstone. I mean, Hearthstone is the only Blizzard game I'm currently playing at the moment so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I'm thinking about going back to WoW possibly but the problem is that the expansions that I bought for it, old characters, etc, are all on my old account. Is there a way to merge my two accounts together somehow? Like have my expansions that I bought on my old account to my current one? Even my old characters I have on it as well?

Any help is gladly appreciated. :)
I don't believe you can do this, though I don't know for sure.

But even if you can do it, you'd almost certainly at least need access to that old account. Authenticators are no joke, can't do much without them if an account has one attatched.

JNA

Banned
I don't believe you can do this, though I don't know for sure.

But even if you can do it, you'd almost certainly at least need access to that old account. Authenticators are no joke, can't do much without them if an account has one attatched.

Aww that's a shame. :(

Is there anything I can do for my old account in this case without the Authenticator? Will contacting Blizzard Support help with this at all?

Fjordson

Aww that's a shame. :(

Is there anything I can do for my old account in this case without the Authenticator? Will contacting Blizzard Support help with this at all?
There definitely is a process for removing an authenticator. I'm guessing it would apply to lost authenticators.

I'm still on my first one, so I'm not too knowledgable about what that process is, but I would contact customer support through email or something and ask them how you'd go about removing the authenticator. I'm willing to bet there's a way.

Like when someone loses their physical authenticator, I can't imagine that means their account is just gone. Blizz will probably help you out somehow.

JNA

Banned
There definitely is a process for removing an authenticator. I'm guessing it would apply to lost authenticators.

I'm still on my first one, so I'm not too knowledgable about what that process is, but I would contact customer support through email or something and ask them how you'd go about removing the authenticator. I'm willing to bet there's a way.

Like when someone loses their physical authenticator, I can't imagine that means their account is just gone. Blizz will probably help you out somehow.

I assumed as much. :(

You can contact support to get the authenticator removed, but you will (most likely) need to give them some form of ID as proof of ownership of the account.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battlenet-authenticator

Yeah I remember something about having to somehow physically show my ID to prove the account is mine.

But...how? XD Do I have to mail my passport or something? lol

Tacitus_

Yeah I remember something about having to somehow physically show my ID to prove the account is mine.

Uh, I've never done this myself, but I think mailing a photocopy of your passport / drivers license / other form of ID was one of the ways.

JoeMartin

I assumed as much. :(

Just take a picture of your ID. When you submit the ticket to get the auth removed, there will be a picture upload prompt. Took ~an hour when I got a new phone and forgot to take the auth off my old one, heh.

JNA

Banned
What ID did you guys use? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I mean, are we talking picture ID with our names on it or something? 0_0

CassSept

Yes, photographic ID issued by the government. Probably has something to do with the fact that many users have credit cards tied to their account.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so you can only have 20 followers (25 with upgraded barracks) aparently, which completely destroys the potential "gotta catch them all" pokemon aspect that it could have, how disapointing

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
so you can only have 20 followers (25 with upgraded barracks) aparently, which completely destroys the potential "gotta catch them all" pokemon aspect that it could have, how disapointing
There's the Commander achievement, but maybe that has been changed?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
These BG queues are killing me. Average wait says 5 mins but it's nearing 20 already. Just wanted a couple quick games. :(

Edit: 41mins and still nothing. zzzz. I give up.

Godan

So just got a months sub of WoW. Looking for tips on what a noob like me should know. Played the game about 6 years ago or something so remember nothing about it really as i didnt play much of it.

Stating on the Draenor server EU as its got a high pop horde on it.

Tacitus_

So just got a months sub of WoW. Looking for tips on what a noob like me should know. Played the game about 6 years ago or something so remember nothing about it really as i didnt play much of it.

Stating on the Draenor server EU as its got a high pop horde on it.

The ingame tutorials will do for leveling and basic playing. When you want to dig in deeper, check icyveins and mr robot for gearing and rotation.

Tacitus_

Thanks. Is their any add-on's i should get or anything that i should install?

Well, none are strictly needed, but I'd recommend at least grabbing an action bar addon that allows easy rebinding and a bag addon so you can see all your bags at once. Customisable unit frames and casting bar are nice as well, but they don't really improve your quality of life while playing as much.

I'm using Bartender for bars, Bagnon for bags, Shadowed Unit Frames for unit frames and Quartz for casting bar. Others you might want to consider are Prat for chat customization, Sexymap for better minimap and Tidy Plates for better nameplates.

Holy hell, impressive!

Are you going to level all those just regularly? No boosts?
The six other toons are already 85 with full rest xp. It takes me anywhere from 2-3 days to LVL from 85-90. I leveled most of them to 85 with full heirlooms during Cata. I'd like to save my wod 90 boost for something special.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no idea what to do in beta. I feel like playing more but at the same time I dont want to spoil it, but at the same time, its still almost 3 months away...

BUT to be fair, its not like im sitting there reading most quests texts anyway even when it goes live, and on live, now that ive done green fire, I have nothing to do since whatever LFR gear I get now on any characters is compeltely irrelevant, and the classes I have left to level hold no interest over me

argh what to do!

Question, do I need to be subbed on live to play the beta? because my sub is up in 14 days

strafer

no idea what to do in beta. I feel like playing more but at the same time I dont want to spoil it, but at the same time, its still almost 3 months away...

BUT to be fair, its not like im sitting there reading most quests texts anyway even when it goes live, and on live, now that ive done green fire, I have nothing to do since whatever LFR gear I get now on any characters is compeltely irrelevant, and the classes I have left to level hold no interest over me

argh what to do!

Question, do I need to be subbed on live to play the beta? because my sub is up in 14 days

no. my sub is out I play beta

Godan

Well, none are strictly needed, but I'd recommend at least grabbing an action bar addon that allows easy rebinding and a bag addon so you can see all your bags at once. Customisable unit frames and casting bar are nice as well, but they don't really improve your quality of life while playing as much.

I'm using Bartender for bars, Bagnon for bags, Shadowed Unit Frames for unit frames and Quartz for casting bar. Others you might want to consider are Prat for chat customization, Sexymap for better minimap and Tidy Plates for better nameplates.

Thanks added them on.

After adding them i can't seem to see my exp bar now.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

argh what to do!

Tanaan Jungle still needs to be broken, I have yet to find a way to go past the invisible wall in ghost form. If you are bored you could have a look at that.

And no, as others have said already, you don't need an active account to play on the beta servers.

th3dude

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2287/boosted-90-player-essentials

Read the pvp gearing part.

Go get 7500 Honor so you can get access to the 522 Ilevel weapons from Honor gear, a heck of a lot better than anything you'll get in Timeless and Throne of Thunder LFR.

You need 7500 to access the weapons even though they cost 3500, so you'll have enough honor left for something else to bump up your ilevel. And yes while they are pvp gear they are vastly superior to anything you can get outside of SoO LFR and up when it comes to weapons.

My Mage I've played since the start of MOP still has a 483 MH (which took about 20 weeks to drop ffs... but it was an upgrade at the time obviously and more importantly fit my transmog....) and 476 OH, I finally got a 502 MH wand drop last night though.

I'm going with honor weapon epics for my boosted Death Knight and Hunter...

That looks like another great resource. Thank you!

Kintaco

What ID did you guys use? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I mean, are we talking picture ID with our names on it or something? 0_0

I've remember using my picture ID, just scanned and sent electronically. I've also used the cd-key to my copy of WoW for verification purposes. You can merge the accounts, as I have merged two accounts before, unless somehow they've changed that.

StMeph

I've remember using my picture ID, just scanned and sent electronically. I've also used the cd-key to my copy of WoW for verification purposes. You can merge the accounts, as I have merged two accounts before, unless somehow they've changed that.

I've contacted Blizzard to merge an old recovered account to my current new one, but they said I would be losing a bunch of stuff, I suppose because they're linked already to two separate Bnet accounts.

Did you not lose anything? Or was there no difference?

th3dude

A few times I've wiped my phone before backing up my authenticator codes.

Simply open a 'lost authenticator' ticket and attach a scan of whatever official photo ID they allow. I used my driver's license several times.

Felspawn

Ah persistence, it finally paid off...

Deathcharger.jpg

TheYanger

Grats! One of the mounts I'm WAAAY past my statistical chance of getting :( (I'm fairly sure I've run that zone over 300 times over the years).

th3dude

Congrats!

I love seeing screenshots like that. My favorite part of the game is farming old content. Can't wait to get my DK geared up and the WoD improvements on farming old content.

Felspawn

thanks i was fortunate in that i only ran it about 200 times between my DK and Paladin before it dropped, i know plenty of people that have done it a lot more with nothing to show for it. I'm working of farming the warglaives now, i've got the off-hand so far :)

Hello all. I'm coming back to WoW after not playing since the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King. I noticed there is no longer a scroll of resurrection. Is there anyway to get free game time for coming back or do they just want me to sub?

Kraftwerk

Hello all. I'm coming back to WoW after not playing since the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King. I noticed there is no longer a scroll of resurrection. Is there anyway to get free game time for coming back or do they just want me to sub?

Pretty sure you can get 7 days of free wow time. Someone correct me on this. I know I got it when I come back after a break.

Pretty sure you can get 7 days of free wow time. Someone correct me on this. I know I got it when I come back after a break.

I think they give those out periodically. I remember getting a free week of game time on 3 separate occasions: one before Mists came out, one when patch 5.3 was released and one earlier this year when they had Gaze of the Black Prince up. I don't know if there's some sort of criteria you have to fulfill or if they just randomly hand out free game time to frozen accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom