• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felspawn

and oldie but still a classic

In a lot of ways i miss that old sense of exploration and mystery.

Kintaco

o_O I want to die!!! Stupid Kanrethad had less than 1 million hp left and my pit lord dismisses. I was dead, but I remember seeing that you can finish him off with the pit lord!! He had plenty of hp left and no puppies were around!! WTF!!

Edit:
Ahhh who the hell cares, next attempt I finally owned his ass!!!! Damn that was crazy!!! At the end my nerves were my worst enemy, thank goodness I had my healthstone up, because I barely missed the timer and I forgot to take my Purification Potion. So excited and glad I never have to do that again!!!

Kintaco

Congrats! I just did my second for my wife.

Thanks, I had a hard time on the ranged DPS scenario for the Legendary Cloak, but this one was way harder for me. Thinking back it really feels like an accomplishment after all the struggles I went through. Perhaps it was a little hard for just a cosmetic change, but I'll be damned if it didn't improve my "skills" a bit. I had to master each phase, and then chain them together. Pretty cool experience overall, but not one I want to redo anytime soon!

Thanks, I had a hard time on the ranged DPS scenario for the Legendary Cloak, but this one was way harder for me. Thinking back it really feels like an accomplishment after all the struggles I went through. Perhaps it was a little hard for just a cosmetic change, but I'll be damned if it didn't improve my "skills" a bit. I had to master each phase, and then chain them together. Pretty cool experience overall, but not one I want to redo anytime soon!

I cheesed the range dps challenge for the cloak. lol Jump on the gate, fuck those blobs. It was still difficult, but the blobs were fucking insane.

I did that part last night for my wife, then did green fire today. I do not have the legendary cloak on my lock, and was able to pretty much wreck k-money and only had one phase of imps and dogs. Was kind of blown away by that. Grats though. I still prefer melee. lol

Ultratech

Vanilla questing is perhaps best epitomized in the level 20 shaman water totem quest:

With no mount and much sparser flight paths than are currently available, you had to travel from the central barrens to ashenvale, back to central barrens, then to sepulcher in Silverpine, then I think back to a different part of central barrens, then to southern barrens? I might be forgetting a step.

Vanilla quests were terrible and a lot of the later ones had you jumping from continent to continent to complete quest lines.

I remember the worst one I did was one of the Hunter class quests where you had to kill a bunch of Coursers to get Pristine Antlers.
Drop rate on those things were AWFUL. You either got real lucky and got it in a few kills, or you'd kill 100 of those bastards.
At least the trinkets (or lol spear) that you could get from it were pretty useful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I remember doing the hunter staff/bow quest on a alt when our main hunters couldn't do it back on vanilla...

...man I used to be good at this game :(

Vanilla questing is perhaps best epitomized in the level 20 shaman water totem quest:

With no mount and much sparser flight paths than are currently available, you had to travel from the central barrens to ashenvale, back to central barrens, then to sepulcher in Silverpine, then I think back to a different part of central barrens, then to southern barrens? I might be forgetting a step.

Rhapsody's Kalimdor Cocktail.

Hinterlands > Tanaris > Feralas > Hinterlands, and the drop rates SUCKED.
Reward: 30 silver.

BOY I SURE MISS VANILLA THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any wow podcasts you guys recommend? I know about the wowinsider show and the convert to raid one

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Warlock demon quests were fun ^_^

I finally did mine over the weekend.

All the guides and everyone i've spoken to said to keep the pit lord away while the fel hunters spawn, and they wont eat the enslavement on him

I swear I kept up 3 rain of fires on the spawn point, and they still ate the buff, but I managed to kill them and tank the pit lord and doomguards long enough to get him back under control and kill him.

I think I also soulstoned myself and rezzed while the pit lord was tanking everything on the win attempt.

Ever since I got green fire I got like 5 upgrades and 40 ilevels, I wouldn't have half the trouble killing him now as I did even 3 days ago =p

Rhaknar

I finally did mine over the weekend.

All the guides and everyone i've spoken to said to keep the pit lord away while the fel hunters spawn, and they wont eat the enslavement on him

I swear I kept up 3 rain of fires on the spawn point, and they still ate the buff, but I managed to kill them and tank the pit lord and doomguards long enough to get him back under control and kill him.

I think I also soulstoned myself and rezzed while the pit lord was tanking everything on the win attempt.

Ever since I got green fire I got like 5 upgrades and 40 ilevels, I wouldn't have half the trouble killing him now as I did even 3 days ago =p

He was talking about the vanilla lock quests but grats either way :)

Kintaco

I personally love the vanilla class quests. Sure doing them on alts would suck, but on my main doing them the first time was epic, for like of a better word. I need to do the Nat Pagle quest in Dustwallow, I awesome its still available.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Just resubscribed after seeing the promotion for a free upgrade to level 90 on a character. Is anyone jumping to a new class in the expansion because of this?

Rhaknar

Just resubscribed after seeing the promotion for a free upgrade to level 90 on a character. Is anyone jumping to a new class in the expansion because of this?

Because of this? No

But I always play a new class every expansion

vocab

A lot of people are. Unfortunately my free 90 was put to waste with a class I have no interest in playing.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Because of this? No

But I always play a new class every expansion

Yeah, I've jumped around a few time on mains (Druid, Shaman, Warrior, Paladin). I was thinking of doing a Mage or Priest this time for a different experience.

I saw the GAF player list, but do we have an active clan going on, or are we a more splintered population right now spread across multiple servers?

Rhaknar

Yeah, I've jumped around a few time on mains (Druid, Shaman, Warrior, Paladin). I was thinking of doing a Mage or Priest this time for a different experience.

I saw the GAF player list, but do we have an active clan going on, or are we a more splintered population right now spread across multiple servers?

No gaf guild afaik

Ack, there is a free 90 promotion without having to buy the expansion going on? I would've jumped on that but like a sucker I re-subbed just a couple weeks ago. =/ Also, since I'm getting the physical CE I won't be able to get my 90 boost from that until launch day -- sucks.

Rhaknar

Ack, there is a free 90 promotion without having to buy the expansion going on? I would've jumped on that but like a sucker I re-subbed just a couple weeks ago. =/ Also, since I'm getting the physical CE I won't be able to get my 90 boost from that until launch day -- sucks.

What's this now?

speaking of pita old school quests i did the Dreadsteed quest TWICE. the one were you ended up in Dire Maul.

The last part in Dire Maul was probably my second favorite quest I did on my pally. Never got the gold to do the Paladin one though. Favorite quest was the last part of the Darrowshire quest chain. Just an insane quest with mobs spawning at about 5 spots at once. Probably my favorite moment in classic.

Dinjooh

The best part of Vanilla/BC Enhancement was that it was absolutely miserable. You felt so shitty, your rotation was recasting Lightning Shield and healing yourself so you didn't die in the simplest of 1 on 1 fights

Then you hit 30

That keyboard turning
That clicking
That unmounting clicking.

I used to look up to this dude when I was a wee teenager in Vanilla, oh god.

On the topic of Vanilla movies: I've long searched for two movies:

1. A hunter who is basically meleeing people to death in WSG, I can't for the life of me remember his name. NE Male.

2. An artsy video of Blackwing Lair from some guild run, it had the most badass of music scores and were 'the hot shit' on... warcraftmovies some 10 years ago.

Fjordson

Question about the green fire quest: I'll still be able to get it in WoD, right? Totally fine with missing out on the feat of strength and title if I don't level fast enough, so long as I can still get the green fire after 6.0.

Rhaknar

Question about the green fire quest: I'll still be able to get it in WoD, right? Totally fine with missing out on the feat of strength and title if I don't level fast enough, so long as I can still get the green fire after 6.0.

thats the word

TheContact

The benediction quest was tough too and your friends couldn't help you. They expected holy priests to be able to kill stuff. I had to bring throwable potions but Damn that staff was amazing

I jus resubbed a few days ago, it's been three years.

What the hell happened to mana? My 85 mage now has exactly 100000 mana, and I can't seem to run out of mana no matter how hard I try, I literally take 10 mobs in a row, without any rest, spamming my arcane spells which get more mana expensive the more I cast them, and I just can't get below ~60% mana. What's the point of even having mana anymore?

Rhaknar

I jus resubbed a few days ago, it's been three years.

What the hell happened to mana? My 85 mage now has exactly 100000 mana, and I can't seem to run out of mana no matter how hard I try, I literally take 10 mobs in a row, without any rest, spamming my arcane spells which get more mana expensive the more I cast them, and I just can't get below ~60% mana. What's the point of even having mana anymore?

Mages have mechanics to not run out of mana. Destro warlocks too, but for example I still need to life tap as Demonology

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Mana in general is not really a limiting/limited resource for DPS specs anymore, it is really only part of gameplay for healers. The only exceptions being like, Arcane mage since that spec is specifically designed around a mana mechanic. It's kind of there for two of the warlock specs with lifetap, but to a much lesser degree.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I miss the old WoW forums.

HKNpSQJ.png
Readability is better on the new forums (post-Cataclysm), but the old forums were nice too, not as much textures and stuff then. I think they would do well with a redesign of the WoW site, with heavy focus on HTML5. Also would be nice if they could move from JPEG to better formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom