• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

1up

I forgot all about Brawlers Guild and am now trying to catch up with the Collect your Deck achievement. These item drops suck though.

I've been doing scenarios like crazy trying to get the two drops from them. If anyone wants to be carried through normal scenarios later today let me know.

Vazjin#1598

Jag

oh hai

c8966aa4f0430c2550a13745a35224a8.png

Typo.

Felspawn

so I got into a Flex 4 run of SoO last night, managed to drop Garrosh. our priest got the BoA shield. Flex wasnt too bad, i'm hopeful we can get it done in Normal soon for the title and mount.

Lanigan

Neo Member
I forgot all about Brawlers Guild and am now trying to catch up with the Collect your Deck achievement. These item drops suck though.

I've been doing scenarios like crazy trying to get the two drops from them. If anyone wants to be carried through normal scenarios later today let me know.

Vazjin#1598
Yeah, I'm stuck on that too. Only missing the two bosses from the scenario bag, did about 15 scenarios yesterday and no dice. Tried grabbing the book from boxes when the stuff in the Barrens was happening, didn´t got it either.
On the other hand, I get about two shovels for Mingus Diggs every day from archeology boxes.

1up

Yeah, I'm stuck on that too. Only missing the two bosses from the scenario bag, did about 15 scenarios yesterday and no dice. Tried grabbing the book from boxes when the stuff in the Barrens was happening, didn´t got it either.
On the other hand, I get about two shovels for Mingus Diggs every day from archeology boxes.

Man Archeology sucks so hard. I'm missing 1 pristine pandaren item and I cant get it to drop. The worst part is I have all the other 20+ collectors achievements for every item expect the 1 pristine I need!

ampere

Did some Scarlet Halls CM speedruns last night, much harder than I anticipated.... We finished with a 6:55 time, but we need to be sub 6:40 to break the realm record. Going to try having everyone getting Salyin Battle Banners to help shave some time. It was very stressful to tank

We broke up after we killed Thok. I joined another guild and hated the officers, still got Garrosh but I haven't played from like March (haven't raided since Feb) until a week ago.

Damn, sad to hear it. Hope you can find a good place for Warlords if you're looking. Assume you still want light schedule like 2/3 night? I'm enjoying the 2 night guild I joined a few months back, but the overall skill level is quite a bit below Aftermath-esque guilds.

Grats on the bindings at least :p

Felspawn

You know since coming back to wow a few weeks ago i've just been concentrating on my DK (well aside from my warlock getting his ass handed to him by Kanrethad) But come to think of it, I have a Blood Elf paladin. Once thats been sitting on the bench for a while. If i'm going to see these Horde quest lines that will probably be going away in WoD, i better get moving.....

bringingsexyback.png

Hes bringing sexy back ;)

Felspawn

Has there been any update on Garrison being able to eventually use something betsides Human and Orc Architectures? I can see them being limited initially but i really hope they eventually support NE/Tauren/forsaken etc buildings.

Kraftwerk

Lol

I was looking for some DPS in trade chat for a quick Garrosh kill, and this warlock whispers me. He says he is only 540ilvl and if he could come. I invited him, since he was nice and I was in a good mood. I only do SoO for Garrosh only every week, and always a one shot, so one DPS wouldn't hurt us.

We go in, one shot him. The guys cannot stop thanking me. He says how everyone he whispered for an invite was an asshole and called him a scrub. I told that's how some folk are on this server, very elitist. I'm talking about Illidan server.

Anyway, I said goodnight. In the morning I quickly log to check some auctions before heading to work, and I have a thank you mail from this guy, with 35k gold.

I have no idea whether to return it or not. Kinds feel guilty taking it. I mean, I didn't really carry him. He held his weight in the fight and did everything right.

Felspawn

Lol

I was looking for some DPS in trade chat for a quick Garrosh kill, and this warlock whispers me. He says he is only 540ilvl and if he could come. I invited him, since he was nice and I was in a good mood. I only do SoO for Garrosh only every week, and always a one shot, so one DPS wouldn't hurt us.

We go in, one shot him. The guys cannot stop thanking me. He says how everyone he whispered for an invite was an asshole and called him a scrub. I told that's how some folk are on this server, very elitist. I'm talking about Illidan server.

Anyway, I said goodnight. In the morning I quickly log to check some auctions before heading to work, and I have a thank you mail from this guy, with 35k gold.

I have no idea whether to return it or not. Kinds feel guilty taking it. I mean, I didn't really carry him. He held his weight in the fight and did everything right.

wow.. quite the tip,

Kraftwerk

wow.. quite the tip,

It is a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, and on a server like Illidan it is kind of chump change. More than half of the people on my friends list are gold capped.

Not trying to downplay his generosity, just pointing out the inflation. I do appreciate his gesture a lot.

I wonder how ridiculous expensive everything will get in WoD since you get gold instead of JP and Valor.

Felspawn

in comparison on the backwater RP server i am on we all looked in aww as Invincible's reigns were on the Black Mart AH a few days ago for 1M+ gold

Kraftwerk

in comparison on the backwater RP server i am on we all looked in aww as Invincible's reigns were on the Black Mart AH for 1M+ gold

Haha, yeah. There is a gigantic thread on mmmochampion, where people report on what rare item is on up on what server. People will do everything to get to it,.

There's this'd famous dude on our server, who did the max bid on the Druid tier 3, mimirons head, invincible and a bunch of other rare items. I know some of his friends, and he legit has between 25 to 30 million gold.

Fjordson

Lol

Wow, that's a cool story. I remember having trouble finding Garrosh groups too, so he was probably just relieved to get it done.

M.D

speaking of gold...

I'm close to having enough for Artisan Riding, but I don't know if I should blow it all my gold on that?

I don't really have any income, all my gold comes from questing and dungeons and selling items that I don't need, and all the gold I spend it to help me level my professions

I currently have 403 in Mining which helps me more with leveling JC than making any money and 290 (basically 300, just need to purchase some items to level it)

Is leveling JC from 300 to 600 as expensive as 0-300? because that shit was expensive! I also don't know at what point I will start making gold with JC

Is there anything else I might have to spend gold on as I approach 90?

Felspawn

if you are a DK or a paladin (ie a class with a bonus to Riding speed) i'd say skip it if money is otherwise tight. otherwise i'd personally go for it

M.D

I'm a druid! I want my swift flight form to fly faster and look awesome.. and hey, if I fly faster from place to place, I can do quests faster and get more gold and get to 90 faster? right?

i really want swift flight form

Tamanon

Banned
Jewelcrafting only gets really annoying to level again during the Cata levels(450-525), because there's a big dead period where you can only realistically level using blue gems, which are super rare, and the patterns only come from doing the dailies.

I'm a druid! I want my swift flight form to fly faster and look awesome.. and hey, if I fly faster from place to place, I can do quests faster and get more gold and get to 90 faster? right?

So long as you have a little left in the bank for repairs and stuff, it's probably worth it. Not much else you're going to be spending gold on while leveling (for the first time, right?) You'll make up most of it by the time you hit 90 from quests anyway (which you'll need for Pandaria flying).

And it'll just feel great going that much faster.

TheYanger

Gold just starts falling from the sky doing quests the higher you get. Levelling slows down too compared to 1-70 or 80 which makes you earn a lot more. Definitely buy flying. Even if yo uwent broke the time you save is effectively more money later.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I want to get into challenge modes but I don't even know where to start. I'm playing my warlock and they seem to be pretty OP right now, but has anyone had any success just pugging them for gold?

Is getting a good set of gear for CMs mandatory or is it something that you go for if you want to get server best time?

TheYanger

I want to get into challenge modes but I don't even know where to start. I'm playing my warlock and they seem to be pretty OP right now, but has anyone had any success just pugging them for gold?

Is getting a good set of gear for CMs mandatory or is it something that you go for if you want to get server best time?

At this point, a reasonably determined/knowledgable group can do it with basically any gear. The 'bis' lists are for server first type runs. You can use my videos if you want help on specific zones! /shameless

Kintaco

I would say it depends on what level you are. If you're about to hit Pandaria there isn't much point since you can't fly until 90 anyway. If you're going to farm your own mats while you level then I would but it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jewelcrafting only gets really annoying to level again during the Cata levels(450-525), because there's a big dead period where you can only realistically level using blue gems, which are super rare, and the patterns only come from doing the dailies.
It's not even that bad if you're not rushing.

Fjordson

So I'm going through some of the zones that were revamped in Cata for the first time on my Warlock and man are they great. I just went through everything in Eastern Plaguelands and I think it's my favourite so far. Especially the quest line with the Worgen's caravan and her two Paladin buddies. Really neat story with some good use of phasing.

ampere

Armory being bugged is so frustrating when you are trying to get accurate CM realm times...

Looks like there was a recent run faster than we expected, but I think it didn't have 3 from our realm. Except armory is bugged so I can't really check...

Gah!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
At this point, a reasonably determined/knowledgable group can do it with basically any gear. The 'bis' lists are for server first type runs. You can use my videos if you want help on specific zones! /shameless
I would definitely like some warlock specific tips and tricks so I can bluff my way into a pug group but I can't find any. You'd think by now this would've been extensively covered.

Meh losing interest in my Warlock 3 levels from 90. Pandaria feels like much more of a grind because of how much longer it takes to kill everything. Using an Elixir of Ancient Knowledge in Hyjal probably isn't helping my patience either but still.

Question, and sorry if it's been answered recently but I could not find it, but have they said when they're going to be introducing the class changes to the game? I know they tend to release game changing stuff like that a bit ahead of an expansions release, so I wasn't sure if they were planning that again or if it was going to be day and date with WoD.

1up

Question, and sorry if it's been answered recently but I could not find it, but have they said when they're going to be introducing the class changes to the game? I know they tend to release game changing stuff like that a bit ahead of an expansions release, so I wasn't sure if they were planning that again or if it was going to be day and date with WoD.

For the past 3 expansions, its usually a month before the release date of the expansion.

Patch 5.0.4 August 28, 2012
Mists Release September 25, 2012

Patch 4.0.1 October 12, 2010
Cata release December 7, 2010

Patch 3.0.2 October 14, 2008
Wrath Release November 13, 2008

Patch 2.0.1 December 5, 2006
BC Release January 15, 2007

Dec

Is there actually any logic to which realms get connected? My realm for the past 5 years is horde heavy and was connected with two realms even more horde heavy. I looked at the population stat sites and between all 3 it's 72% horde.

I am alliance and open world pvp is ass.

Kintaco

Is there actually any logic to which realms get connected? My realm for the past 5 years is horde heavy and was connected with two realms even more horde heavy. I looked at the population stat sites and between all 3 it's 72% horde.

I am alliance and open world pvp is ass.
They are not connecting realms to balance factions. From what I've seen they merge realms that have similar faction imbalances, but I could be wrong. It would be nice if they merged say 4 realms, 2 realms each favoring one of the factions, but that's asking too much I guess.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Do other people actually say Config.what the fuck about the Config.wtf file, or am I alone on this?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I think at this point it's safe to say it's impossible to pug Challenge Modes. People are extremely impatient and will leave at the drop of a hat if they're not being carried.

Dec

They are not connecting realms to balance factions. From what I've seen they merge realms that have similar faction imbalances, but I could be wrong. It would be nice if they merged say 4 realms, 2 realms each favoring one of the factions, but that's asking too much I guess.

Worst shit is my realm by itself is 54% horde. Nice even ratio that got shit on with the pairing.

CassSept

Rösti;127740722 said:
Do other people actually say Config.what the fuck about the Config.wtf file, or am I alone on this?

I don't know if that does you any good, but when I was 15 me and all my friends found .wtf quite hilarious.

M.D

So long as you have a little left in the bank for repairs and stuff, it's probably worth it. Not much else you're going to be spending gold on while leveling (for the first time, right?) You'll make up most of it by the time you hit 90 from quests anyway (which you'll need for Pandaria flying).

And it'll just feel great going that much faster.

Gold just starts falling from the sky doing quests the higher you get. Levelling slows down too compared to 1-70 or 80 which makes you earn a lot more. Definitely buy flying. Even if yo uwent broke the time you save is effectively more money later.

I would say it depends on what level you are. If you're about to hit Pandaria there isn't much point since you can't fly until 90 anyway. If you're going to farm your own mats while you level then I would but it.

Ended up getting it! it's soooooo good!
I had 18 gold left after buying it, but ended this day with 2125 from questing, dungeons and selling stuff to vendors

I got to 85 today, will move to Pandaria next, but I'll definitelycome back to finish all the quests in Uldum! My favorite zone by far in the game, everything about it is just awesome

I also did my first raid today (Dragon Soul), didn't even know what I was getting into when my guild-master asked who wants to join..

Also, I wanted to see if I could maybe solo Tempest Keep, and I was surprised to see I actually can

I read that ranged dps have an easier time because of the staff
I easily tanked everything, but I got locked and whatnot at the part where you fight all the weapons, and didn't realize it was timed then all his lieutenants come back and hit you as well.. then I got overwhelmed

I probably just need more dps to kill everything there faster and I'll be able to finish him off

definitely the best time I had playing this game!

All 7 possible gnome classes are now 90. Yes, I love gnomes. I just have 4 more classes to get to 90 from 85. I need to take a break though to troubleshoot my video card. It crashes in WOW and I want to see if it crashes with other games too before RMAing.

M.D

My guild-master said something about GTFO yesterday

I thought maybe he got upset and wanted me to leave the raid because I had died a few times, but now I realize he was telling me to get an addon that tells me when I stand in the wrong place

lol

H: Paragons is fucking terrible.

Got to the last two bugs tonight on the last pull which means we're extending again. I'm absolutely sick of the fight now though, considering I've only rarely made mistakes.

Clearing to Paragons/Garrosh the following week is going to be a pain in the ass though considering we've only killed Siegecrafter once. I'm already going to hit my cap on Warforged Seals. Overkill by 1, even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom