• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

H: Paragons is fucking terrible.

Got to the last two bugs tonight on the last pull which means we're extending again. I'm absolutely sick of the fight now though, considering I've only rarely made mistakes.

Clearing to Paragons/Garrosh the following week is going to be a pain in the ass though considering we've only killed Siegecrafter once. I'm already going to hit my cap on Warforged Seals. Overkill by 1, even.

I always feel like extending is a big waste of time and a detriment to the guild when you need gear to help out with the encounters as much as possible.

I always feel like extending is a big waste of time and a detriment to the guild when you need gear to help out with the encounters as much as possible.

We probably wouldn't (at least as much), but we only raid 2 days for 6 hours total. Which is just about enough time to full clear the instance if you one-shot everything and don't dick around. Unless you're a team that's had it all on farm for awhile and can do it in one 3-4 hour night. Obviously we're not there. Even the other teams in my guild that are 14/14H take at least two 3 hour nights to clear, sometimes more.

And although people can acquire upgrades, most everyone is 580+ or close to it, which is more than enough to clear the encounter. It's just a matter of execution.

Kraftwerk

I have done challenge mode gold 40x times by now. For a few different friends.

Yesterday, I was doing it for a healer friend, and guildies weren't online. I pugged the DPS. All were 580-585 geared folk who were in 12+heroic guilds. SO I thought they would be competent.

Decided to start with shado-pan monastery gold.

You know the first trash pull, where you get like 50 adds. I was doing 300K dps as a tank, even though that pull keeps me chain stunned for 50% of the duration.

The two warlocks and mages were doing 100k dps on a massive AOE pull with no movement.

I was baffled.

I might sound like an elitist snob, but have no idea how that is possible.

We did it for another 6-7 times. Got to the first boss, and they were doing 60k with bloodlust on the boss, while I was doing 45k as a tank.

I really love challenge modes. Really showed that even if you have killed garrosh on heroic 25m, you still aint shit.

/end rant

p.s best part? The mage had his entire BiS challenge mode gear

M.D

Any recommendation for leveling through Pandaria? I just hit 86 and only now found the prince and got sent to a town north of where most of the quests took place.. half my of my map in Jade Forest is still uncovered

Tamanon

Banned
Any recommendation for leveling through Pandaria? I just hit 86 and only now found the prince and got sent to a town north of where most of the quests took place.. half my of my map in Jade Forest is still uncovered

Just keep trucking. I'd say at 87, I'd skip the Valley of the Four Winds and take the quest to go to Kun Lai summit. Quests are better there. That should get you to 89 or so, and then you can either do Townlong Steppes or Dread Wastes.

Kaper

At this point, a reasonably determined/knowledgable group can do it with basically any gear. The 'bis' lists are for server first type runs. You can use my videos if you want help on specific zones! /shameless

Link to these videos? Going to try challenge modes with a group of friends soon. Thanks.

Artanisix

Garrosh is my favorite fight in SoO. I think Blizz has done a really awesome job with all the end-of-expansion bosses (Illidan, Lich King, Deathwing, Garrosh).

Galakras will always harbor special hatred in my heart though.

TheYanger

I have done challenge mode gold 40x times by now. For a few different friends.

Yesterday, I was doing it for a healer friend, and guildies weren't online. I pugged the DPS. All were 580-585 geared folk who were in 12+heroic guilds. SO I thought they would be competent.

Decided to start with shado-pan monastery gold.

You know the first trash pull, where you get like 50 adds. I was doing 300K dps as a tank, even though that pull keeps me chain stunned for 50% of the duration.

The two warlocks and mages were doing 100k dps on a massive AOE pull with no movement.

I was baffled.

I might sound like an elitist snob, but have no idea how that is possible.

We did it for another 6-7 times. Got to the first boss, and they were doing 60k with bloodlust on the boss, while I was doing 45k as a tank.

I really love challenge modes. Really showed that even if you have killed garrosh on heroic 25m, you still aint shit.

/end rant

p.s best part? The mage had his entire BiS challenge mode gear

I haven't done them in a while, but 80k dps was VERY good in challenge modes originally. Tanks obviously do stupid tier dps cause lolvengeance, which is the majority of the reason for fast clear times now.

Edit: Ehh, ok 80k would've been good for single target. In my original shadopan video we pulled those mobs onto the boss so I can't look at the two pulls separately but everyone is doing ~150-180k AEing that stuff.

Kraftwerk

I haven't done them in a while, but 80k dps was VERY good in challenge modes originally. Tanks obviously do stupid tier dps cause lolvengeance, which is the majority of the reason for fast clear times now.

Yeah, 80k I can live with if its consistent. But on an AOE pull there is no excuse, when nothing is hitting the DPS and everything is grouped up.

The groups before this I did them with, DPS was a lot higher than 80k. People have been really min-maxing challenge modes wit hthe proper gear and especially trinkets.

Man, I bosted a Druid and I am struggling with boomkin killing. Time to read some guides.

At least I am getting the hang of healing. Never played a HoT heavy healer.

Hixx

I read boomkin only really gets going in the 500plus ilvl range. I switched to resto on my boosted druid too because I didn't have the patience to gear it.

Fjordson

Garrosh is my favorite fight in SoO. I think Blizz has done a really awesome job with all the end-of-expansion bosses (Illidan, Lich King, Deathwing, Garrosh).

Galakras will always harbor special hatred in my heart though.
Agreed.

I'm just so burnt out on SoO as a whole, though. Only killing Garrosh weekly for heirlooms at this point.

Kintaco

I would do Valley of the Four Winds until 86, then hit up Kun Lai Summit at 87. Also do the Grummel quest line, like the 3rd or 4th quest rewards a 24 slot bag.

I read boomkin only really gets going in the 500plus ilvl range. I switched to resto on my boosted druid too because I didn't have the patience to gear it.

My problem is what utility do I have as a boosted 90 druid with main spec resto? All my gear means I can be decent as an off spec boom kin. Going resto means all I really can do is queue up. Kinda leaves me out of being great gearing in timeless. I am a noob though, so please correct me.

th3dude

So I'm feeling a little bit lost and overwhelmed. Maybe you all can help.

For backstory I played a decent amount for a 2 year period up til 2012 or so.

Im back and boosted a DK at 60 with JC and Alchemy. I have an 86 Pally with Mining and BS.

I'm trying to gear up my DK a bit. I've asked in here before and have started to follow advice but this is where I get confused.

I'd say my goal before expac is to get full LFR gear and upgrades. I'm currently ilvl 489 with a combo of boost gear and timeless chest purples. I've managed to pop one LFR but didn't get any loot. I've also been killing celestials once per week with no luck.

Every time I try to LFR its like a 45+ min queue. Is this normal? What else can I be doing in all that downtime?

gotoadgo

Im back and boosted a DK at 60 with JC and Alchemy. I have an 86 Pally with Mining and BS.

I'm trying to gear up my DK a bit. I've asked in here before and have started to follow advice but this is where I get confused.

I'd say my goal before expac is to get full LFR gear and upgrades. I'm currently ilvl 489 with a combo of boost gear and timeless chest purples. I've managed to pop one LFR but didn't get any loot. I've also been killing celestials once per week with no luck.

Every time I try to LFR its like a 45+ min queue. Is this normal? What else can I be doing in all that downtime?
Are you queueing as a tank or as a DPS? If DPS, your queue is going to be a lot longer and yeh, 45 minutes can be normal.

ampere

So pumped. Got Flameweaver (realm best scarlet halls) tonight! Our time was 6:46

I feel like it was a pretty good time, but we are lucky our realm isn't as ridiculous... haha. Some realms have best times around 3 minutes. Very fun. took us two nights of work around 6 hours total. At the end of the first night we missed the time by 3 seconds...

rH4W61j.jpg

Picture :) (I'm the Brewmaster Monk)

Kintaco

I would say queue to all the LFRs that you want to do, you can queue to more than one raid. Also you can queue for scenario, and dungeon. Scenario will pop insyantly , and them dungeon will pop about the time you finish the scenario. You can also farm while you wait.

Fjordson

So pumped. Got Flameweaver (realm best scarlet halls) tonight! Our time was 6:46

I feel like it was a pretty good time, but we are lucky our realm isn't as ridiculous... haha. Some realms have best times around 3 minutes. Very fun. took us two nights of work around 6 hours total. At the end of the first night we missed the time by 3 seconds...

Picture :) (I'm the Brewmaster Monk)
Wow, that's bad ass. Great title too.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If you don't like how your character looks after the appearance changes, then are you just stuck with it unless you pay?

They've been pretty mum on that so far, they haven't said they aren't handing out character re-customization, and I'm sure they've been asked a few times. They seem to be trying to decide.

They've been pretty insistent that most people will want to keep their characters the same though.

CassSept

We haven't begun working on the new Blood Elves yet, so I can't comment on the result

Great, from might be included at launch to they had been pushed back to we haven't begun working on them yet.

With how long these models take them it will be a long time before we see new Blood Elves.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Great, from might be included at launch to they had been pushed back to we haven't begun working on them yet.

With how long these models take them it will be a long time before we see new Blood Elves.

Well they weren't originally going to be re-done for WoD anyway so...

That's also coming from a community manager vs Chris Robinson who's said they started on them earlier, take that for what you will.

Lumine

I'm thinking of coming back to WoW soon. Possibly even drag a friend with me who would be playing it for the first time.

Quick question though; did those "connected" realms fix the dead ones? My old server seems to be connected to 2 other ones now. Which is good I guess as it was pretty much dead. Are these realms active and fun again now? Or does this just connect the auction houses for example? Because I wouldn't care much for that. I'd just like the realm I'd play on to be active and feel alive again.

If this didn't change much, then how much would it cost to transfer a bunch of characters? I'd rather not pay a lot to transfer them and then quit playing a few weeks later anyway. I'd rather not buy the expansion and subscription if I end up on a dead and boring server either though.

Honestly it puzzles me a bit that Blizzard hasn't fixed this. They should've merged and killed off servers years ago if you ask me. It looks like most server are balanced terribly as well with many of them having a 10 to 1 ratio of Alliance vs Horde or vice versa. No wonder World PvP is dead.

Anyway, thanks in advance guys! :)

Dec

I'm thinking of coming back to WoW soon. Possibly even drag a friend with me who would be playing it for the first time.

Quick question though; did those "connected" realms fix the dead ones? My old server seems to be connected to 2 other ones now. Which is good I guess as it was pretty much dead. Are these realms active and fun again now? Or does this just connect the auction houses for example? Because I wouldn't care much for that. I'd just like the realm I'd play on to be active and feel alive again.

If this didn't change much, then how much would it cost to transfer a bunch of characters? I'd rather not pay a lot to transfer them and then quit playing a few weeks later anyway. I'd rather not buy the expansion and subscription if I end up on a dead and boring server either though.

Honestly it puzzles me a bit that Blizzard hasn't fixed this. They should've merged and killed off servers years ago if you ask me. It looks like most server are balanced terribly as well with many of them having a 10 to 1 ratio of Alliance vs Horde or vice versa. No wonder World PvP is dead.

All open world areas will be populated with players from the paired realms. So it will definitely feel more alive.

I don't believe the auction house was combined. At least it seems like mine is pretty dead and I hope that's not across 3 realms.

Amneisac

I quit a few months ago, but it was very difficult to level on PVP realms because it was a gankfest. I know that's always been true to some extent, but I never remember it being as bad as it was a few months ago. I don't know if high level people are just bored, or they're leveling pets or something, I have no idea, but we were all just getting ganked constantly and we wound up leveling 1-80 doing pretty much nothing but dungeons.

Just tried to play with my laptop trackpad, yikes its very difficult. Especially considering im in Vash'jir...

What are some good unit frame addons? I've been using X-Perl for years and have gotten kind of bored with it. Are there any really slick looking ones?

mclem

I'm very small-c conservative, and as such am heavily inclined to *not* reuse old resets, but work afresh each week, but I'm frequently having to bat off demands from other quarters.

It'd be nice if you could do that on a wing-by-wing basis, because when you really don't need anything from the first five bosses but benefit from the next five, it becomes more of a chore.

Ultratech

Active? Probably.
Fun? Debatable.

My server was more or less dead before it got merged with 5 or 6 other realms.
Now there's just more dumbasses on Trade Chat.

The AHs did get connected though, and gave ours a nice little boost (for better or worse).

fuzzyset

You can easily do 1-85 tanking, but once you get to mop, the dungeon exp is pathetic.

Me and 2 friends are leveling alts. Once you get to 45ish, but the dungeon XP starts to dry up a little. We started questing @ ~45, and found it much faster than the dungeon grind.

Kintaco

It depends on the realms that were connected and the faction you were part of. If your realm had an imbalance and you were on the minority faction, probably nothing has change. Connected realms mainly affect capital city populations, AH, and Pandaria population. The other zones are populated via cross realm zones so they are fairly populated. Check out wow.realmpop.com to get an idea of what your realm pop looks like.
It cost $25 to transfer your toons, so it can be expensive.

Minion101

Banned
I'm thinking of boosting a BE pally on a more populated realm I want to transfer to but I feel I should wait for the appearance change to happen.

Damn the WoD class feedback threads are depressing. I don't think I've read anything positive said about the changes for any classes I play, so I'm just going to chalk it up to the ole forum cynicism.

I'm thinking of boosting a BE pally on a more populated realm I want to transfer to but I feel I should wait for the appearance change to happen.

I can't decide what I'm going to boost. Priest, Rogue or Druid are what I'm looking at. I have a 90 alliance druid but its on a heavy pop horde server and I'd rather not play him in that case.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So im doing the same thing i did with my warlock im doing with my warrior now. The only difference is that im starting at the tail end of Azeroth instead of at Northrend. By the time i finished up the end Azeroth zones (Silithus, Swamp of Sorrows, Blasted Lands) i was 62. i just now dinged 70 in Terokkar Forest with half the quests done after finishing Hellfire Penn and Zangarmarsh.

One thing i noticed leveling 1-60 now is the addition of exploration for Rare hunting. There are so many rares in Azeroth and the payoff so large that every time i would hit a new zone i would run around looking for them first.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Beta for WoW was more polished than any other MMO on the market at the time. The servers were slam jammed at launch. The game looked amazing on decent hardware back then, everything on the PC in 2004 seemed to be brown and dreary WW2 RTS/FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom