• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

N'zoth is probably chilling somewhere with Neptulon. On a party thrown by Azshara.

That's what we would think, two expansions from now.

Much more likely to happen is that Med'an will deal with them all, outside of the game and in some obscure footnote somewhere. Oh, N'zoth? Yeah, he's dead.

Why don't we just travel to some alternate universe where there's no Burning Legion, kill everyone THERE, and just go about our business with our new lives and pretend like nothing happened?

TheYanger

in 6.0, when valor no longer exists.

Also lesser charms for upgrades and unlimited warforged seals? Gonna be rolling some shit in 6.0 for life. I have almost 10,000 of them hah.

M.D

Can any one recommend addons? I started using ElvUI, I'm looking for something that goes well with that and good addons in general

I'm using Gathermate and DBM
Also considering installing TSM, but it looks really complicated

Yeah, didn't read the rest of that thread initially, makes sense though. Going to be fun blowing the lesser charms... 6.0 the patch where everyone bonus rolls every boss!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I think at this point it's safe to say it's impossible to pug Challenge Modes. People are extremely impatient and will leave at the drop of a hat if they're not being carried.
Redacted. It's totally possible, and a lot easier than I thought.
ZSUnKuL.jpg

JesseZao

So there's a promotion showing up on my battle.net desktop app that says, "play world of warcraft for free until sept. 28th."

Clicking through for more info just told you how to start playing a starter edition. Is this just a rematketing of their old and existing starter edition to get people playing before the expansion or are they lifting the level 20 limits for this month?

Fjordson

Redacted. It's totally possible, and a lot easier than I thought.
Damn, I'm super jealous. Lock set is definitely one of my favourites.

Feel like I should try them on at least one of my toons, always a lot of groups going on Sargeras, but it seems like a big undertaking and I don't have any experience with them. Maybe I'll look into something this weekend.

Minion101

Banned
Can any one recommend addons? I started using ElvUI, I'm looking for something that goes well with that and good addons in general

"Recount" is essential for me. "Player score" to see people's gear level is good too.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Damn, I'm super jealous. Lock set is definitely one of my favourites.

Feel like I should try them on at least one of my toons, always a lot of groups going on Sargeras, but it seems like a big undertaking and I don't have any experience with them. Maybe I'll look into something this weekend.

Check the date on this post I made:

I want to get into challenge modes but I don't even know where to start. I'm playing my warlock and they seem to be pretty OP right now, but has anyone had any success just pugging them for gold?

Is getting a good set of gear for CMs mandatory or is it something that you go for if you want to get server best time?

August 29th, so 4~ days and I'm 9/9. Get some 18 second invisibility pots, oqueue, and watch some videos if they don't want you to get into vent or skype. Just lie when they ask if you're 9 out of 9.

Fjordson

Check the date on this post I made:

August 29th, so 4~ days and I'm 9/9. Get some 18 second invisibility pots, oqueue, and watch some videos if they don't want you to get into vent or skype. Just lie when they ask if you're 9 out of 9.
Haha, nice. Will definitely look into it then.

A shame my Lock is only 63. Honestly feel like I may play him in WoD and that challenge set is awesome.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is it just me, or is Warrior tanking more involved and fun than Paladin tanking?

Minion101

Banned
Anyone play on a server where there is very few opposing faction? I kinda want to transfer to Illidan (US) the king horde server (right now) but there is very few Alliance.

Recount - Damage Meter
Bartender4 - Better toolbars to help clean up the UI
SuF (Shadow Unit Frames) - much better unit frames for a better UI
Quartz - Better cast bars
Bagnon - Makes storage roughly infinitely better
Prat / Chatter - Either one makes chat a little more functional
Sexymap - Much better minimap
Mapster (I think that's what it was called) - Allows you to control the in-game map a little better (re-sizing and moving it mostly)

Linkyn

Alright, looks like I'll soon to be able to finally get rid of my lesser charms (I knew those countless dailies were worth it).

Shahadan

I'm so fucking tired of all the dumbshits in this game. Holy shit I can't deal wih this anymore. It will make me quit the game soon and not come back.

strafer

Okay, do yourself a favor and login to the beta.

Create a new level 90 and start in Frostfire and listen to the new beautiful voices.

Holy shit.

M.D

"Recount" is essential for me. "Player score" to see people's gear level is good too.

Recount - Damage Meter
Bartender4 - Better toolbars to help clean up the UI
SuF (Shadow Unit Frames) - much better unit frames for a better UI
Quartz - Better cast bars
Bagnon - Makes storage roughly infinitely better
Prat / Chatter - Either one makes chat a little more functional
Sexymap - Much better minimap
Mapster (I think that's what it was called) - Allows you to control the in-game map a little better (re-sizing and moving it mostly)

Thanks guys.

I've downloaded Skada instead of Recount, and I'm looking how to integrate it into the UI like I've seen in some videos

I'll look into the other add-ons, it seems like a lot of this stuff is already changed in ElvUI

Felspawn

Playing Horde vs Playing Alliance.

I'm not particularly loyal to either side, i've enjoyed my time both with the alliance and with the horde. Some of the friends i've made on the alliance side have become RL friends who i maintain contact with outside of wow and on the horde side i've had lots of success in game (my time clearing Heroic Content in ICC was done on a horde toon)

Since returning to wow in the 2nd half of MoP I've been largely alliance on my DK/Paladin and Lock. However recently i started concentrating on my lone Horde toon a BE paladin. and i've noticed stark contrasts in terms of pick up groups.

Horde side they seem to be on average "better" in terms of Pugs not falling apart in LFR, groups killing bosses and persevering even when undergeared. Horde PvP is also miles better on average, its not to say they dont get rolled by a good Alliance team occasionally but my track record speaks for itself, more wins and even losses are close ones very few blow outs.

On the other side of things i also noticed horde seems a lot less tolerant of failure. i've seen lots of people (particularly tanks) kicked from LFR for doing a job poorly. Alliance side people might get annoyed say a bad healer or tank but in my experience I've seen less people getting kicked.

Does anyone else feel the same way or maybe found the opposite to be true? does this ever cause you to change faction? this only really applies to PUGs as a good guild is a good guild regardless of what faction/server you are on.

Fjordson

Thanks guys.

I've downloaded Skada instead of Recount, and I'm looking how to integrate it into the UI like I've seen in some videos

I'll look into the other add-ons, it seems like a lot of this stuff is already changed in ElvUI
Skada is a good choice. Replaced Recount with that a while ago.

Kraftwerk

I think I am going to change my main to a monk in WoD.

I have been playing a Warrior tank since vanilla. Got more serious in Wotlk, and have had fun overall.

I have taken a few breaks from the game whenever I felt burnt out. I always thought this was due to the game itself.

But now that I have been levelling a brewmaster monk with a friend, I have come to realize it has been due to literally playing the same class for 10 years.

I was really excited when they first announced gladiator stance. I thought it would be a more crazy version of defensive, where yiu could tank and do more damage, but also take more damage if yiu are not careful. Then they revealed that it is a DPS spec, which is weird. It has the same abilities as port, but it does a lot more damage, and you cannot tank in it, really bizarre for them to add another DPS spec, while fury and arms have their own problems. Should have focused on those more. Plus, now yiu will have DPS and tanks fight over a shield. Really unnecessary addition.

Anyway, monk tanking is incredibly fun so far. I always have to keep an eye out on my stagger, and it is really different overall. The abilities are great, and I love the mobility.

I still feel weird about abandoning my warrior. I think what I will do is use my monk for pve and my warrior for pvp and alt runs and whatnot. I have never had an alt, only a Druid which I have used to farm mats over the years.

But yeah, this change should be fun for me.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
monk tank is a lot of fun, but I always found war tank to be one of the best/most engaging since at least cata too.

So hang on a sec.

So when the pre6.0 patch hits, I can upgrade all my gear with lesser charms? Right now it's 50 charms an upgrade level, right? So when the pre 6.0 patch rolls around, I can just upgrade everything ( I have a few thousand of these things)? Or is it when warlords is out, and I'd blow all my charms upgrading my gear before setting out to Warlords?

Anyone know heirloom costs? I'm tempted to roll a new character, get full heirlooms, fill out the parts I don't have on ALL the characters, and go to fucking town. I really didn't quest at all through the revamped vanilla. I literally skipped zones because I leveled so fast, but I'd totally go back and do it, even if I got no xp if I could then move forward quickly with all heirlooms.

Kraftwerk

monk tank is a lot of fun, but I always found war tank to be one of the best/most engaging since at least cata too.

Yeah, I love my warrior. It's just getting some what repetitive after a decade.

Also, I might not change my main for sure. I will make the final decision once I play in the ptr for a day and when 6.00 hits.

Magnus

How do you guys have so many Charms? JFC. I get like the 50 I need each week in about 40 mins on the isle. I can't imagine doing that much farming to arrive at the 3000+ totals some people have.

TheYanger

How do you guys have so many Charms? JFC. I get like the 50 I need each week in about 40 mins on the isle. I can't imagine doing that much farming to arrive at the 3000+ totals some people have.

If you just hang around the island at any point you get tons. I would get them for my alts in just minutes by killing Evermaw and Dread Ship Vasuvious every week, and then just run around the isle on my main looking for rares (for the achievement). I STILL need a Spineclaw Crab pet, but damned if I don't have like 9800 lesser charms (And I'm the guy that hates dailies and skirted by with the bare minimum amount all expansion prior to Timeless Isle's release).

ampere

I think I am going to change my main to a monk in WoD.

I have been playing a Warrior tank since vanilla. Got more serious in Wotlk, and have had fun overall.

I have taken a few breaks from the game whenever I felt burnt out. I always thought this was due to the game itself.

But now that I have been levelling a brewmaster monk with a friend, I have come to realize it has been due to literally playing the same class for 10 years.

I was really excited when they first announced gladiator stance. I thought it would be a more crazy version of defensive, where yiu could tank and do more damage, but also take more damage if yiu are not careful. Then they revealed that it is a DPS spec, which is weird. It has the same abilities as port, but it does a lot more damage, and you cannot tank in it, really bizarre for them to add another DPS spec, while fury and arms have their own problems. Should have focused on those more. Plus, now yiu will have DPS and tanks fight over a shield. Really unnecessary addition.

Anyway, monk tanking is incredibly fun so far. I always have to keep an eye out on my stagger, and it is really different overall. The abilities are great, and I love the mobility.

I still feel weird about abandoning my warrior. I think what I will do is use my monk for pve and my warrior for pvp and alt runs and whatnot. I have never had an alt, only a Druid which I have used to farm mats over the years.

But yeah, this change should be fun for me.

Brewmasters are loads of fun. Since they were designed for active mitigation from the start, it all works well. Warriors kind of got shoe-horned into it, though Prot Warrior is still very fun. Charge and Heroic Leap yay.

If you do choose to main a Monk, welcome! Roll is nifty and eases the pain of losing Charge/Leap.

So hang on a sec.

So when the pre6.0 patch hits, I can upgrade all my gear with lesser charms? Right now it's 50 charms an upgrade level, right? So when the pre 6.0 patch rolls around, I can just upgrade everything ( I have a few thousand of these things)? Or is it when warlords is out, and I'd blow all my charms upgrading my gear before setting out to Warlords?

Anyone know heirloom costs? I'm tempted to roll a new character, get full heirlooms, fill out the parts I don't have on ALL the characters, and go to fucking town. I really didn't quest at all through the revamped vanilla. I literally skipped zones because I leveled so fast, but I'd totally go back and do it, even if I got no xp if I could then move forward quickly with all heirlooms.

6.0 prepatch, correct. Essentially Lesser Charms will be what like old cooking tokens, you can use em for old stuff but they're practically garbage. If you ever go back and do SoO at 100, you can turn em in for more Warforged Seals to get more chances at pet drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom