• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So im doing the same thing i did with my warlock im doing with my warrior now. The only difference is that im starting at the tail end of Azeroth instead of at Northrend. By the time i finished up the end Azeroth zones (Silithus, Swamp of Sorrows, Blasted Lands) i was 62. i just now dinged 70 in Terokkar Forest with half the quests done after finishing Hellfire Penn and Zangarmarsh.

One thing i noticed leveling 1-60 now is the addition of exploration for Rare hunting. There are so many rares in Azeroth and the payoff so large that every time i would hit a new zone i would run around looking for them first.

This is by the way a very good way to level these days; going into the zones with the best Rares and farming them. You also get a slightly higher drop rate on some items that absolutely kill it at the AH.

Arment

I wonder with all these connected servers if now wouldn't be a good time to resub and try a new server beside Mal'Ganis. Mal'Ganis was always a necessary evil because of the population but now that's seeming to matter less.

M.D

How can you get into the WoD beta? I would like to test the classes before I decide which one to boost

I'm at 87 with my druid and I like him, but I'm already feeling like I want to try out a different class

Kraftwerk

How can you get into the WoD beta? I would like to test the classes before I decide which one to boost

I'm at 87 with my druid and I like him, but I'm already feeling like I want to try out a different class

Unless you have connections or are in a top guild and/or streamer, it is random. I have had an account since BC and I haven't got an invite, whereas my buddy who has been playing since beginning of MoP got an invite.

Keep up to date with the blizzard Facebook and wowhead, and other gaming websites. They do giveaways form time to time. Same with twitch streamers. At this point I really don't care though. I'll just wait for the PTR. I just wanted to check out the new models anyway.

M.D

Unless you have connections or are in a top guild and/or streamer, it is random. I have had an account since BC and I haven't got an invite, whereas my buddy who has been playing since beginning of MoP got an invite.

Nope, nothing like that

I thought they would give out codes, they always seem to do that

I'm liking my druid and I'm not really sure what I would like in a different class..
I really like being able to heal myself, and flight form is awesome.. not sure what's my problem lol

vocab

Normal Heirloom staff after solo healing garrosh when the healer died in the first realm on the worst fucking spec in the game. wooooooooo. I earned that shit

I got 6/12 this week. Didn't do dumuru or primordius in tot lfr. Wipe city and bad dps, holy shit that fight sucks in lfr

Oh god dumuru... Always at least 10 deaths on the first beam. I sort of have fun trying to pull it out after that as a healer though. Primordius is usually fine, but always have to laugh at the people who don't mutate. That said, I'm most excited about finishing stones so I don't have to LFR anything any more...

strafer

I like the top, the rest not so much.

warlockTier17HD.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I like the top, the rest not so much.

In general, only the Mythic tiers look really cool for the 6.0 raids. I'm kind of ambivalent about that, as it totally makes sense for the hardest content to drop the coolest gear, but I'm not sure I will really feel compelled to do any mythic raiding myself so it will be out of reach.

I guess I will have to settle for looking like Illidan instead of Gul'Dan :p

It looks like its random, think I was day 4 on vanilla and played all expansions, no invite. They've locked down mechanics and are focusing on tuning, wouldn't be surprised if it hits ptr in the next 2 weeks for a month of testing, then pushed to live in mid october.

Linkyn

Give a GM a happy ending.

Other than that, pray to the old gods.

fuzzyset

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php is a decent forum for discussing the beta. There's a WoD forum and active discussion on the 6.0 changes. No replacement for playing, but might be the best you can get. Keep in mind classes will change over over the 6.* patches so I would play the class you enjoy the basic mechanics of (i.e. Druids are HoT healers, etc). Also, druids will be 1000x better in the xpac because of the itemization changes. You no longer need 4 sets of gear. The stats will change on your Leather gear based on current spec, so that's pretty awesome.

M.D

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php is a decent forum for discussing the beta. There's a WoD forum and active discussion on the 6.0 changes. No replacement for playing, but might be the best you can get. Keep in mind classes will change over over the 6.* patches so I would play the class you enjoy the basic mechanics of (i.e. Druids are HoT healers, etc). Also, druids will be 1000x better in the xpac because of the itemization changes. You no longer need 4 sets of gear. The stats will change on your Leather gear based on current spec, so that's pretty awesome.
Wait, you mean if I'm playing balance and feral for example, the relevant stats will change based on which one I'm playing at the moment? Is that really for all the stars or just main ones like int to agility?

fuzzyset

Wait, you mean if I'm playing balance and feral for example, the relevant stats will change based on which one I'm playing at the moment? Is that really for all the stars or just main ones like int to agility?

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/09/blizzcon-2013-huge-changes-coming-to-itemization/

"Primary stat changes based on spec". Third pic. Most of the 'secondary' stats are going away. 99% sure the take away is, if it's leather gear, it's gonna be useful to Rogues, Monks, and Druids, no matter what.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Only main states. The way gear currently works on Beta (and will likely go live with 6.0) is that a piece of leather will have both int and agi on it, but one of them will be greyed-out, showing it is not active for your spec. So for balance, you would see both Int and Agi on your leather gear, but the Agi would be grey and not actually providing you any agility.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Only just started playing WoW. I'm about 10 years late. My 30 free days are about to end. I probably will get a subscription but haven't been playing it much the last few days. I enjoy it but I just feel like I've hardly scratched the surface of the game and I'm missing out on a lot of content. I'm level 34 and /played just over 1 day so far. Only really been doing quests. Haven't got around to doing any dungeons yet.

Felspawn

Only main states. The way gear currently works on Beta (and will likely go live with 6.0) is that a piece of leather will have both int and agi on it, but one of them will be greyed-out, showing it is not active for your spec. So for balance, you would see both Int and Agi on your leather gear, but the Agi would be grey and not actually providing you any agility.

it is a good change, i might actually try healing on my paladin now that i don't really need to have a completely different Healing set

Only just started playing WoW. I'm about 10 years late. My 30 free days are about to end. I probably will get a subscription but haven't been playing it much the last few days. I enjoy it but I just feel like I've hardly scratched the surface of the game and I'm missing out on a lot of content. I'm level 34 and /played just over 1 day so far. Only really been doing quests. Haven't got around to doing any dungeons yet.

You should do each dungeon once unless you like doing the zone story quests. Each dungeon gives really good exp for quests (one time) and really good items.

fuzzyset

This guy was in your boat and chronicled his path to 90. Pretty awesome pics.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/245ivm/today_is_my_last_day_of_my_free_month_of_wow_i/

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2f81r1/after_2_more_months_of_playing_its_time_to/

Tacitus_

it is a good change, i might actually try healing on my paladin now that i don't really need to have a completely different Healing set

You will still need some pieces, trinkets and jewelry at least. But yes, it's a lot better than what we currently have.

Lumine

Thanks for the replies guys!
All open world areas will be populated with players from the paired realms. So it will definitely feel more alive.

I don't believe the auction house was combined. At least it seems like mine is pretty dead and I hope that's not across 3 realms.
I quit a few months ago, but it was very difficult to level on PVP realms because it was a gankfest. I know that's always been true to some extent, but I never remember it being as bad as it was a few months ago. I don't know if high level people are just bored, or they're leveling pets or something, I have no idea, but we were all just getting ganked constantly and we wound up leveling 1-80 doing pretty much nothing but dungeons.
Active? Probably.
Fun? Debatable.

My server was more or less dead before it got merged with 5 or 6 other realms.
Now there's just more dumbasses on Trade Chat.

The AHs did get connected though, and gave ours a nice little boost (for better or worse).
It depends on the realms that were connected and the faction you were part of. If your realm had an imbalance and you were on the minority faction, probably nothing has change. Connected realms mainly affect capital city populations, AH, and Pandaria population. The other zones are populated via cross realm zones so they are fairly populated. Check out wow.realmpop.com to get an idea of what your realm pop looks like.
It cost $25 to transfer your toons, so it can be expensive.

Glad to hear that it should at least be somewhat more active. Unfortunately Bladefist (Europe), the server all my characters are on, still looks to be low in population. And $25 to transfer my characters? Ouch that's pricey. Is that to transfer all my characters or would that be for each? Honestly I'm still unsure what to do.

ampere

nope but there will definitely be more old gods, they never did get around to Deathwing's master.

I still think they should have added a 1 boss Twilight Sanctum style raid with a 4.4 patch after Dragon Soul. Could have fought the Old God behind Deathwing (N'Zoth I believe). If the fight were well done it could have washed away some of the bad taste of Dragon Soul.

Felspawn

Is that to transfer all my characters or would that be for each? Honestly I'm still unsure what to do.

Pretty sure thats per character. I dont even want to think about how much money i spent over the last 10 years transferring characters from server to server. >.<

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When I return I've considered transferring over only my favorite character and rerolling everyone else, which is fine considering I love alts. I might also just roll alliance for the first time since Vanilla and farm the rest of the heirlooms getting ten fresh characters. Would give me the chance to level a mage again for the first time in awhile, but I don't know if I could part with my Blood Elf/Troll brigade.

$25 for a transfer is absolutely criminal. All they do is copy and paste some files, the price is pretty unreasonable if you ask me. Especially since it is per character.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, that's when they were on top of the world and could run as many rackets as possible.

Oh wait, shit, they're still on top of the world and haven't changed an iota. 25 is fair but it should be as many characters as possible.

ampere

Pretty sure thats per character. I dont even want to think about how much money i spent over the last 10 years transferring characters from server to server. >.<

I know that feel.

Kind of like race changes on characters I don't even play anymore...

Funny thing is, even all that added up /time played is still a pretty good deal.

$25 for a transfer is absolutely criminal. All they do is copy and paste some files, the price is pretty unreasonable if you ask me. Especially since it is per character.

It's claimed to be so that people don't do it often, a deterrent so to speak.

I somewhat believe it, but I think there should be better packages for mass transfers, or discounts if you don't do it often.

Even if it's true, it's still a revenue stream for em.

Salamando

Should be able to get my cloak this week. How easy is it to get 5k timeless coins?

Easy. The whale shark and pirate ship drop ~1k each. Daily to kill 20 elites gives you 1k, and a weekly for gathering epoch stones from any mob gives another 1k. Regular elite enemies can drop up to 100. And there's chests all over the place with coins.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

youre_serious_futurama.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom