• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone suggest the easiest way to get into normal or flex runs for heirlooms? Openraid seems spectacularly stupid when it comes to ilvl requirements. I have a 570 dk who won't have any issues, but I'm wanting to go get heirlooms for my paladin (540) warrior (535) and maybe my lock (520). Heirlooms drop in flex, right?

I want to get a two hander, a 1 hander, and a shield. If I can get a staff for my lock, great, but I'm not sure I'll be able to put a ton of time into him. The DK, Paladin and Warrior are my mains so they'll be who I level in warlords and I'm trying to find the best way to get them heirlooms. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

I prefer the Vale. Chance at getting keys for more bonus loot and those rare crystals to get that one dragon mount.

Sra'vess. More consistent and less competition. Sometimes I find people there, but there's always someone in the Vale because it doesn't require as high an iLvl to be efficient and it's more melee friendly.

Felspawn

Can anyone suggest the easiest way to get into normal or flex runs for heirlooms? Openraid seems spectacularly stupid when it comes to ilvl requirements. I have a 570 dk who won't have any issues, but I'm wanting to go get heirlooms for my paladin (540) warrior (535) and maybe my lock (520). Heirlooms drop in flex, right?

I want to get a two hander, a 1 hander, and a shield. If I can get a staff for my lock, great, but I'm not sure I'll be able to put a ton of time into him. The DK, Paladin and Warrior are my mains so they'll be who I level in warlords and I'm trying to find the best way to get them heirlooms. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

yep they do drop in flex (though they arent as strong as the normal or heroic version)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That shit is just factually wrong. When BC came out that questing felt like The Future™

Then Wrath wandered in and brought in all of the things we consider modern questing to entail.

Yep!

Vanilla had lots of problems. Kalimdor questing sucked (especially for NE's, most of them did the long march over to do the westall stuff) Dead zones for leveling with not enough quests or in zones with no support structure around them where it was better just to run the same instance over and over and over again to level through rather than try and pick up the shitty quest train.

BC meanwhile just chucked quests at your head. Yeah, you might spend 4 hours killing eight million mobs in a zone, looting shiny piles and doing whatever but you also completed 20 quests while doing so. The dungeons might have been brutal but the exp reward at the end was worth it. Plus the feeling you get when you got greens with multiple gem sockets in them...

Wrath then comes along with its amazing system. Two paths equally as good for each level group. Viable dungeon leveling. Instanced zones for storytelling purposes. Great quest chain rewards, lots of story progression. Makes BC look bad by comparison especially since Wrath also introduced doubling of Vanilla exp which made that seem better even though it was still a slog.

Cata 1-60 though is the best questing possible. Enough content for 3 alts on each side to get a largely different story.

Tacitus_

You are aware that you can get all the heirlooms on a single character, right?

Herilooms are personal gear though, right? They don't drop in the normal loot table so even if you were using master looter, you'd be S.O.L.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yep!

Vanilla had lots of problems. Kalimdor questing sucked (especially for NE's, most of them did the long march over to do the westall stuff) Dead zones for leveling with not enough quests or in zones with no support structure around them where it was better just to run the same instance over and over and over again to level through rather than try and pick up the shitty quest train.

BC meanwhile just chucked quests at your head. Yeah, you might spend 4 hours killing eight million mobs in a zone, looting shiny piles and doing whatever but you also completed 20 quests while doing so. The dungeons might have been brutal but the exp reward at the end was worth it. Plus the feeling you get when you got greens with multiple gem sockets in them...

Wrath then comes along with its amazing system. Two paths equally as good for each level group. Viable dungeon leveling. Instanced zones for storytelling purposes. Great quest chain rewards, lots of story progression. Makes BC look bad by comparison especially since Wrath also introduced doubling of Vanilla exp which made that seem better even though it was still a slog.

Cata 1-60 though is the best questing possible. Enough content for 3 alts on each side to get a largely different story.
Great post. Yeah, BC was a giant step ahead of Vanilla and Wrath was five steps ahead of BC. Cata questing was the best thing to come out of that expansion, and it was sorely needed. I nostalgia for Vanilla WoW all the time, even the shitty Darkshore quests... but Cata is so so much better. I find it funny how BC seems so dated now when at the time it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Fjordson

How would i get a staff or a shield on a dk?
I may be misunderstanding the question, but you can get all of those on your DK. Your first heirloom drop will be one appropriate for your class, but after that you can get any other heirloom for any class.

And yeah, they're personal loot, so there's no competition from other people.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Have they said how they are going to handle getting these heirlooms once WoD comes out? I know they mentioned the 100% drop rate for your class thing that'll happen with the pre launch patch but will the raid still be there when I'm 100?

Fjordson

Have they said how they are going to handle getting these heirlooms once WoD comes out? I know they mentioned the 100% drop rate for your class thing that'll happen with the pre launch patch but will the raid still be there when I'm 100?
No heirlooms once WoD hits, but the raid will still be there.

StMeph

How would i get a staff or a shield on a dk?

The first time an heirloom drops for your character, it will be an item that fits your spec (or your designated loot spec). This applies once at each difficulty level.

After that, you can still get more heirlooms, but it will be a totally random one from the pool.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No heirlooms once WoD hits, but the raid will still be there.

Are these gone for good then or are they being moved as some other type of reward?

I don't have the physical time left in me to get them now before the expac comes out.

I hate when stuff disappears for good.

Right, so wouldn't the prudent thing to take my dk for the two hander, paladin for the 1 hander, warrior for the shield, and lock for the staff? Or should I just do DK and hope I get lucky? I guess that's the part I'm misunderstanding. I want to be as efficient as possible. I guess what you all are saying is I can take my DK, the first one will be for him, and then after that it's random? So I could get a staff, a shield, etc?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
are first drop heirloom 100% yet, or is that coming with 6.0?

Salamando

Right, so wouldn't the prudent thing to take my dk for the two hander, paladin for the 1 hander, warrior for the shield, and lock for the staff? Or should I just do DK and hope I get lucky? I guess that's the part I'm misunderstanding. I want to be as efficient as possible. I guess what you all are saying is I can take my DK, the first one will be for him, and then after that it's random? So I could get a staff, a shield, etc?

Right now, the drop rates for heirlooms isn't fun. Killed Garrosh on normal maybe 15 times, got two of them.

If you want to be as efficient as possible, work on gearing your alts now. Once 6.0 hits, they get a 100% chance at a useful heirloom their first Garrosh kill. You might not get the one you want, but that's how random stuff works. Even after that first heirloom, the odds of getting an heirloom will be significantly increased over what it is now.

Edit: If you can get in some Garrosh flex kills now on your Pally, go for it.

Right now, the drop rates for heirlooms isn't fun. Killed Garrosh on normal maybe 15 times, got two of them.

If you want to be as efficient as possible, work on gearing your alts now. Once 6.0 hits, they get a 100% chance at a useful heirloom their first Garrosh kill. You might not get the one you want, but that's how random stuff works. Even after that first heirloom, the odds of getting an heirloom will be significantly increased over what it is now.

Edit: If you can get in some Garrosh flex kills now on your Pally, go for it.

My server BLOWS. No one does ANYTHING. Any groups I can find on open raid are full of assholes who want ilvl 570 for a flex kill. Any other means of getting into some groups? I hear people talking about oqueue but I don't know how that even works.

vocab

oqueue is a crossrealm addon with listings that get updated. It gives you a lot of options, but since it's very accessible you'll also run into a lot of lesser players. Just wait list on the flex 4 @ garrosh or normal garrosh listings.

Fjordson

Yes. You can get any heirloom after that first class-specific one.

Like I only have a hunter and enhance Shaman and already have their heirlooms, but I keep killing Garrosh for heirlooms every week. I've gotten the staff, a dagger, and a 1H sword. So it's still worth trying I think.

And once 6.0 hits the drop rate will increase by a lot so you'll definitely be able to get more on just your DK.

Are these gone for good then or are they being moved as some other type of reward?

I don't have the physical time left in me to get them now before the expac comes out.

I hate when stuff disappears for good.
That's a good question. Definitely being removed from Garrosh, but maybe they will become a reward in some other way, Blizz hasn't really said yet. Just that Garrosh will no longer drop them.

Owensboro

This is as random a question as I could ask, but this seems like the right place to ask.

Back in Vanilla, when we were running to Onixya kills, I remember everyone having to swim over to visit Nat Pagle for some reason. What the hell was the point of that? Was it just to get fishing mats for that one boss in ZG? That's about the only thing I can think of that could be remotely close.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is as random a question as I could ask, but this seems like the right place to ask.

Back in Vanilla, when we were running to Onixya kills, I remember everyone having to swim over to visit Nat Pagle for some reason. What the hell was the point of that? Was it just to get fishing mats for that one boss in ZG? That's about the only thing I can think of that could be remotely close.

Them lures...

Tamanon

Banned

It was quicker back then to swim that way instead of going on foot. It was odd.

Salamando

Horde didn't swim. Because I never swam anywhere for onyxia.

Horde wasn't coming to Onyxia by way of Theramore. Standard procedure for an Ony raid was to fly to Menethil harbor, wait for the boat, take boat to Theramore, and then run through the ocean. Beats taking the long way around.

It seems as if garrisons are gonna be a huge focus for this expansion, especially during leveling. I've read a bunch about them but still don't really understand how it works. Is it your own personal instanced garrison? So like, I couldn't bring a friend there to show him my sweet new building or whatever? I don't really get what the garrison is bringing to the table, just seems like more grinding for the same content (Dungeon quests, zone buffs, etc)

Felspawn

I'm almost wondering how long this expansion is really going to be, i'm thinking its going to be a lot shorter then previous ones. considering this expansion seems pretty light on content relative to previous ones, combined with them saying they have expanded their team by 50% AND that they are already working on the next expansion something big is coming and i dont think its Warlords of Drenor.. makes me think we'll be gearing up to fight the Burning Legion in 16 months.

CassSept

I'm almost wondering how long this expansion is really going to be, i'm thinking its going to be a lot shorter then previous ones. considering this expansion seems pretty light on content relative to previous ones, combined with them saying they have expanded their team by 50% AND that they are already working on the next expansion something big is coming and i dont think its Warlords of Drenor.. makes me think we'll be gearing up to fight the Burning Legion in 16 months.

This means nothing, they are always working on the next big thing, WoD was already conceptualized and into development process when MoP launched.

TheYanger

I've killed Garrosh 26 times accross my toons at flex-heroic and gotten 1 heirloom :/ but now I have nobody to run with at 6.0 so it blows.

M.D

Hey guys, quick question

Are Justice Points worth farming? my understanding is that they provide items that are good up to level 85? I'm currently level 81, and I heard that 80-85 leveling is very fast, so I was wondering if I should bother or just farm the 85-90 currency (forget the name)

vocab

Hey guys, quick question

Are Justice Points worth farming? my understanding is that they provide items that are good up to level 85? I'm currently level 81, and I heard that 80-85 leveling is very fast, so I was wondering if I should bother or just farm the 85-90 currency (forget the name)

you can convert justice into honor which give 522 ilvl gear. Plus when wod comes out justice will be converted to money. It takes me less than an hour to jp capped queuing as tank and just blow through dungeons in dps spec.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I've killed Garrosh 26 times accross my toons at flex-heroic and gotten 1 heirloom :/ but now I have nobody to run with at 6.0 so it blows.

I figure running SoO in 6.0 with pugs is gonna be so easy I'm not even worried about doing it now.

There are still tons of groups going on Sarg every night, but I just came back and after a week of LFR/Flex my ilevel is still only 530, there's no way I'm getting into a SoO right now.

Tamanon

Banned
Hey guys, quick question

Just power through. You'll get plenty of Justice/Valor at max level if you want to get Heirlooms for alts. Otherwise, it's a waste of time at 81 to grind justice. Plus, you'd probably level out of it by the time you got enough to buy an heirloom for those levels!

Kintaco

My server BLOWS. No one does ANYTHING. Any groups I can find on open raid are full of assholes who want ilvl 570 for a flex kill. Any other means of getting into some groups? I hear people talking about oqueue but I don't know how that even works.

Queue up via the "Other Raids" option, you'll get a group really quick especially if you're a tank. You can also start your own group and invite people from the "Other Raids" option.

Dinjooh

Sra'vess. More consistent and less competition. Sometimes I find people there, but there's always someone in the Vale because it doesn't require as high an iLvl to be efficient and it's more melee friendly.

What kind of iLvl is required then? I'm at 542 on my destro lock atm.

Just tried SoO normal with a bunch of mates who just signed up again. We all ran with around 520-540 iLvl, we made it to Spoils before stopping for the night. Has been incredibly easy so far.

Try Oqueue for Flex 4. I usually don't have a problem finding a group as a fury warrior with 555 gear, you should find one no problem with higher gear. Now I'm just hoping my guild can kill garry on normal for the wolf.

I'd love to find a staff during one of my runs. Staff + 2hander gets you pretty far on alts.

strafer

Weapon enchants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ff9fi8cQNY

ZYSa1nF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom