• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Ark

4 weeks of doing Tanaan dailies will net you Pathfinder and it shouldn't take much longer to get the Corrupted Dreadwing if you save all of your apexis and don't spend it on Baleful tokens or upgrades.

Few things are more painful than this.

I did months of Tanaan dailies for the legendary quests and all the apexis rewards. I am never doing anything like that ever again.

ampere

A question about PvP...

As we're all scaled to a certain iLvl regardless of gear (I know those above it can get a tiny upgrade), do items like Thunderfury & Shadowmourne become viable? Will dual-Ironfoe enhance shamans be strong?

uhhh sure unequip your artifact and lose all it's talents and skills if you want?

Tarazet

What about now? What about the legendary cape? What about rings with procs (715 & ICC)?

Before this patch, you had to hit a certain ilvl on the item before it would scale you up in 100's PVP. I think it may have been 630. Is that not still the case? I also duly noted that many of the PVP set bonuses were better for PVE than the gimpy LFR sets, but that's a separate issue.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man, Tanaan is fucking bullshit. Don't have a flying mount in Draenor because it's tied to the dumbest rep grind bullshit? WELL FUCK YOU, NO RARES FOR YOU.
Not really designed with CRZ in mind.

Zelias

Banned
First time I've named an OT, heh.

I miss 2H frost spec on DK's. Unholy just feels wrong.
I kinda miss 2H Frost too but they either couldn't or wouldn't balance it properly against DW so maybe it's for the best that it's gone.

MMaRsu

Banned
There was a recent update regarding Cold Weather Flying that should help you out:

Wow for real?? So just make it to 80 and instead of 4500 it'll be 50g??

Thanks for the tips so just lvl up asap, and then Ill be swimming in gold from q rewards and greens for transmogs I sell on ah

Tenebrous

Ridiculous.

I need one more transmog from Maraudon - The legs from Princess. Not only have they not dropped after 25 runs, but I've seen the epic dagger... Twice!

This place is such a shithole to farm.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not feeling this LUA UI, too much shit. I just want something simple, but still true to the original design. Really I just want the spells in the bottom middle. Any suggestions?

Robin64

Wonder what this year's murloc pet will be for Blizzcon. I love those things. I get the ticket to watch the streams anyway, but even if I didn't I'd still probably get it for the pet.

2015 was Murkidan
2014 was Grommloc
2013 was Murkalot
2011 was Murkablo
2010 was Deathy
2009 was Grunty

Rizzi

Wonder what this year's murloc pet will be for Blizzcon. I love those things. I get the ticket to watch the streams anyway, but even if I didn't I'd still probably get it for the pet.

2015 was Murkidan
2014 was Grommloc
2013 was Murkalot
2011 was Murkablo
2010 was Deathy
2009 was Grunty

Sargeras Murky I bet. Either that or an Overwatch Murky.

mclem

Iskar was fun last night, sometimes the Fel Fire debuff stays on even when you're well clear of the fire. Caused a couple of wipes!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yoooooooooooooooo Tenebrous, this looks fantastic dawg

amazing first impression

edit: nope nevermind, cant fucking rescale the UI so its useless for me. All these fucking UIs use tiny text and icons and I cant see shit

Robin64

Ret is cool, you just have to make sure you are using the Crusade talent the best you can, while balancing that Judgment debuff. More to think about now than previously where it was "press whatever button is pressable".

Rhaknar

Man I found that last night :D Super awesome UI design

Edit: Can I move the HP bars of targets and Focus?

Edit2: Its a cool looking UI for sure but for tanking its pretty shit. No aggro display, no way to move focus or HP bars of enemies and so on.
At least not that I can find. Shame.

yeah its super limited, it looks awesome but thats it. You can barely see cooldowns on skills too, the icons barely change. Oh well, the search for a UI continues :(

Tenebrous

The guy has only been working on it for a few weeks. I went back to ElvUI while it's developing - Hopefully to include better party frames & customization.

As for tanking, I found it to be fine, but I used a lot of other addons on top.

Rhaknar

I barely just got to the first village in pandaria after the intro bit, did 1 random dungeon and am almost 86 lol >_>

not compçaining. Gonna suck when I get to 90 and dont have the heirlooms 90-100 like I did on the lock, but I dont think its worth it to waste like 10k gold just to make it faster tbh. Well, at least not again

Tecnniqe

Banned
The guy has only been working on it for a few weeks. I went back to ElvUI while it's developing - Hopefully to include better party frames & customization.

As for tanking, I found it to be fine, but I used a lot of other addons on top.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/S4aS4eh.jpg[/IMG]

That how my classic UI looks. I've tried a few addons here and there but it just seems to clutter the screen so much I feel like I'm just looking at moving bars and CD counters.

In this case I've centered the most important things around mt char, and the threat level displays above their HP bar which gives me a good enough indication on where I'm at + the overhead HP bars of everyone flash yellow when loss of aggro.

The Diablo UI is nowhere close to giving me this information without needing MORE addons which don't even fit its awesome artstyle, which is the whole point.

And yes, I'm leveling the pala, in case any wondered.

Rhaknar

why is my chat box fucked even tho I deleted all UI addons from the addon folder? :(

this is what I get for messing with mods >_<

Tenebrous

I barely just got to the first village in pandaria after the intro bit, did 1 random dungeon and am almost 86 lol >_>

not compçaining. Gonna suck when I get to 90 and dont have the heirlooms 90-100 like I did on the lock, but I dont think its worth it to waste like 10k gold just to make it faster tbh. Well, at least not again

A few nights back, I did 93-99.5 in one pot just with the Frostfire/Gorgrond objectives & nearby quests, and used Talador objectives to get 100 quick.

Pretty sure WoD requires less XP now, so it shouldn't cost 10k.

Hex

Banned
Where is this on their website? I'm curious if there are any more comparisons.

RIght now I am doing Blood, but then switching to Unholy for DPS in raids (Until I get tanking down better)
Unholy is great it just feels like more of a ranged spec as odd as that sounds.
Ice is your in there bad ass.

Rhaknar

A few nights back, I did 93-99.5 in one pot just with the Frostfire/Gorgrond objectives & nearby quests, and used Talador objectives to get 100 quick.

Pretty sure WoD requires less XP now, so it shouldn't cost 10k.

the 20% pot and no 100 heirlooms??

Boogdud

2015 was Murkidan
2014 was Grommloc
2013 was Murkalot
2011 was Murkablo
2010 was Deathy
2009 was Grunty

Grunty still the best.

GWA GWAHH GWU GWOW WOW /rocket launcher

Rhaknar

All the 100 heirlooms (including fishing ring), the 300% pot, but no 20% pot.

well I dont have the 100 mail heirlooms, thats the 10k I was talking about (its actually 15k for 5 pieces at 3k a pop), and I dont know where u get that mega pot, I only saw the 20% one in the garrison on the lock

Lain

That DiabloUI looks like something that might be nice to use soloing 1-to-cap, though more for aesthetics than anything else.

M.D

What's the most interesting tank to play in Legion, for those who have been played the beta? I'm reading that Bear and DK are both quite boring with DK being stripped of some previous abilities?

Ark

Doesn't look like they're going to hotfix the turtle farming. Need to get in that again this week, gotta get that epic turtle.

Can't believe Blizzard have not only made me want to fish, but also grind out the Nat Pagle rep with lunker's too. Oh boy.

Tenebrous

well I dont have the 100 mail heirlooms, thats the 10k I was talking about (its actually 15k for 5 pieces at 3k a pop), and I dont know where u get that mega pot, I only saw the 20% one in the garrison on the lock

Ahh, apologies.

It used to take two 300% XP pots (they last 15 mins each) to get from 92-100, and as they usually go for 3-5k each, that's where I thought you got the 10k number from.

It's called Elixir of the Rapid Mind, if you fancy it.

What's the most interesting tank to play in Legion, for those who have been played the beta? I'm reading that Bear and DK are both quite boring with DK being stripped of some previous abilities?

There's nothing boring about druids - They're the most fun tanks to play in the fingers. Warriors tax the mind more with IP, but the rotation is dull.

Top Bottom