• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Balance of Power is really not that bad. I got 19 corrupt essences in my FIRST ever normal emerald nightmare. Why is it so bad that you get rewarded for investing time into a character? If everyone playing their alt Druid has the same artifact appearance as your main, what fun is that?

Because you're talking about one part of a 20 part quest chain. The response below yours had it spot on. If the other appearances in that row were unlocked without needing balance of power then it wouldn't be an issue. But they are. So your artifact appearences that you can earn doing mythic 15 and legion hero are basically locked behind a long, arduous quest chain you may not even want to do, but you have to in order to get those other appearences.

Xeteh

Because you're talking about one part of a 20 part quest chain. The response below yours had it spot on. If the other appearances in that row were unlocked without needing balance of power then it wouldn't be an issue. But they are. So your artifact appearences that you can earn doing mythic 15 and legion hero are basically locked behind a long, arduous quest chain you may not even want to do, but you have to in order to get those other appearences.

Yeah, it has driven me up a wall for a while. I finished Legion Hero months ago with a few friends but I don't raid so I've never gotten the skin for it. Maybe I'll get it done eventually but at this point I've stopped worrying about it.

yep it's bis by a mile. most of the other fury legs are pretty reasonably balanced (3-4% boost), the helm is close to 7-8%.

6 weeks of normal/heroic and soon to be lfr and i still can't get draught or convergence GG

My monk got convergence from the timewalking cache last week lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have they said anything about the Balance of Power quest/appearances? Because people aren't going to be doing ED forever and LFR doesn't give you credit.

Lomax

Have they said anything about the Balance of Power quest/appearances? Because people aren't going to be doing ED forever and LFR doesn't give you credit.

I think most people expect it to get added to LFR at some point, though I'm sure by the time 7.3 rolls around and iLvl 900+ is commonplace it will easy enough to get even heroic pugs done at that point. Especially with the boosted drop rate it wouldn't be that bad then. Still dumb to have unrelated appearances locked behind it though. The only appearance it makes sense to have locked behind the first one is the hidden appearance, and ironically it's the only one that (sort of) isn't.

Syf

Banned
*guy gets plagued on tich*

*stacks on most of the group*

wipe

*tank thinks he's supposed to drag bloods back to boss, ignores messages*

wipe

*five people die to echoes because LOS is hard*

wipe

Idk why I bother with NH runs outside of guild. At least we did the world quest to cover repair costs lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My warlock has been an orc since like.. vanilla. Or maybe BC I can't remember.

But I've been thinking about race changing to a goblin lately. If only I had like a new model or something.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't know what to do now that I have the legendary I wanted.
EOiKi5y.gif

Tier 13 priest mask is my favorite mask. I have a set with it that looks pretty sweet. I think I might just wear this mask forever. On my mage. The only difficulty is whether I should try matching different colors with it..

Einchy

Turns out you can't get prestige 10 right now, it stops at rank 9/level 50. Thought it would let me get 10 and then it'd stop.

It was probably this way last season but I don't remember.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got my first Elemental legendary today, the boots that give Earth Shock a 20% chance to refund the cost. Not the best but certainly not bad.

Only wish they had mastery on them.

Einchy

Started trying to pug heroic NH on my alt this week, this shit is painful.

[edit]

905 fire relic and 900 CoF on my Ret from one Eli kill.

I now have a better draught and CoF on my alt than I do on my main. Nice.

[edit]

Ah fuck, that fire relic is my BiS and would be a ten ilvl upgrade for my main, too. Why is my Pally getting all the good shit!? ;_;

v1perz53

Well i guess the bolstering/skittish/fortified mos 15 wipefest was redeemed with these drops for me.

No more instances this week woho

Grats! So it was bolstering/skittish/fortified EU this week and teeming/necrotic/tyrannical this week NA, man they really wanted all tanks to suffer no matter the region.

Strimei

For anyone curious, how class mount colors work varies from class to class.

-Mage, Warrior, Shaman, DK, Priest: One mount, changes color (and effects) based on your spec.
-Rogue, Paladin: You get one mount (that doesn't change) initially and can buy three more for 10k order hall resources each (you also have to have every talent in a corresponding spec's artifact)
-Hunter: You get one mount that does not change, can purchase two more that work like the ones mentioned above. There is not a mount that corresponds with BM, instead you can buy a tome that lets you tame feathermanes (gryphons, hippogryphs, the owlcats in the isles, etc)
-Warlock: Gets a bit weird. You get a mount that doesn't change, can buy another for 10k resources, and a third color is a rare spawn drop from the Broken Shore.
-Monk, DH: One mount, no change in color.

No mention of druids (this is from wowhead btw), but probably safe to assume it depends on your race, as usual.

Lomax

For anyone curious, how class mount colors work varies from class to class.

-Mage, Warrior, Shaman, DK, Priest: One mount, changes color (and effects) based on your spec.
-Rogue, Paladin: You get one mount (that doesn't change) initially and can buy three more for 10k order hall resources each (you also have to have every talent in a corresponding spec's artifact)
-Hunter: You get one mount that does not change, can purchase two more that work like the ones mentioned above. There is not a mount that corresponds with BM, instead you can buy a tome that lets you tame feathermanes (gryphons, hippogryphs, the owlcats in the isles, etc)
-Warlock: Gets a bit weird. You get a mount that doesn't change, can buy another for 10k resources, and a third color is a rare spawn drop from the Broken Shore.
-Monk, DH: One mount, no change in color.

No mention of druids (this is from wowhead btw), but probably safe to assume it depends on your race, as usual.

So my warlock end up with +3 more mounts to the count? Cool. Though the inconsistent methodology is... odd.

mclem

Grats! So it was bolstering/skittish/fortified EU this week and teeming/necrotic/tyrannical this week NA, man they really wanted all tanks to suffer no matter the region.

Can't speak for the US, but I believe next week here in Europe is Sanguine/Overflowing/Tyrannical. So something practically relaxing by comparison.

Edit: What does 'every spec in a corresponding talent's artifact' mean - does it include the AP-dump trait at the end?

So been playing for two, three years and finally got around to trying out a Rogue. It's always been a class I've steered clear of because it's pure melee dps but it's honestly been the most fun I've had outside of leveling a warrior. I love the utility of the class, particularly Outlaw. I can see how Roll The Bones is probably frustrating in higher levels of play, your dps is tied to the randomised buffs it throws out, but I love everything else about the spec, particularly the grappling hook. Outlaw Rogue is just stupidly mobile with the grappling hook as a Warrior is with leap and then you've got all of the added utility of stealth, sap, cheapshot, between the eyes and gouge. I've been really enjoying my time leveling this rogue.

I'm sure I'll hit similar walls with it as I did my mage being pure dps once I get to current content but at least with a rogue I actually want to engage in pvp so there's another facet of the game I can invest myself in.

Garrosh did nothing wrong.

The lore arguments are fine, funny and welcome compared to the real-world poli "chat" that seems to otherwise dominate every public chat channel on regular PVE servers.

Macrotus

So I re-subbed to convert my 10 tokens in to balance.
But also started playing since I subbed, mainly doing WoD content. (just got WoD pathfinder the other day)

I haven't made a decision to buy the expansion though. I do have enough balance, but the huge grind and rng I read about, not just on this forum, is keeping me from buying it.

But since I like soloing old content, being able to level to 110 and get some decent gear would open up more solo-able content for me, so thats a major reason to buy Legion I guess.

I've read that someone got the mimirons mount a few pages back. Grats to you.
I'm doing it on 8 toons atm.
I want the Heroic DS mount too, but its too much for me to do a full clear on 8 toons.
Sadly, I can't switch difficulty just for the last boss nor share lockouts.
I especially hate doing the ultraxion trash every time.

Tacitus_

I haven't made a decision to buy the expansion though. I do have enough balance, but the huge grind and rng I read about, not just on this forum, is keeping me from buying it.

But since I like soloing old content, being able to level to 110 and get some decent gear would open up more solo-able content for me, so thats a major reason to buy Legion I guess.

Honestly, that's only a problem if you want to do hard content. If you just want to do quests, farm for mounts, etc. none of that matters. Then it's just a carrot on a stick to keep you playing.

Macrotus

Honestly, that's only a problem if you want to do hard content. If you just want to do quests, farm for mounts, etc. none of that matters. Then it's just a carrot on a stick to keep you playing.

If I purchase Legion, I'd probably get tempted to tryout raiding (not just LFR).
Sticking with WoD makes myself avoid going that path lol

Because regardless of raid difficulty, I'm already far behind in AP progression and in getting decent legendaries. I don't want to see myself in the bottom half of the meters.
So I'll probably end up forcing myself to grind. I don't want to feel like I'm being carried. I want to feel like I'm contributing to the group.

I liked playing a fire mage, but I read about the combustion nerf and the belt and bracers legendary being a must for that spec. So I'll need to grind for those.
But this might go against my previous statement, as I've heard frost is the spec to go for raiding....

Mage is kinda weak right now overall, as are most ranged. If able to start from scratch, Frost or maybe Arcane are probably the ways to go.

As for the grind, its definitely a thing, but probably more overblown than you think. If you look at it like an EVE Online character, you can be really good at one thing (spec) fairly quickly, but trying to be good at everything is gonna take awhile longer.

And sure, you'll be behind people who played since launch...but they've also played 6 months longer than you at cap. You can catch up relatively quickly with buyable AK to 15, after which it would take you another month to get to 25, but hell, you don't need AK 25 to reach 35 traits anyway if you're diligent. Getting to 54 though - that's where you'll have issues, but 7.2 might be out by then anyway, with further catch-up mechanisms.

It's really what you make of it. I mean yeah no, you can't jump into raiding Mythic Nighthold in a month from nothing without some heavy carrying. But if you don't mind missing out on this tier, you could totally be on par for Tomb of Sargeras.

Macrotus

Mage is kinda weak right now overall, as are most ranged. If able to start from scratch, Frost or maybe Arcane are probably the ways to go.
yeah. I really like fire, but had frost in mind. But I’ll definitely struggle to make that decision, because unlike previous expansions, you can’t seem to simply change spec even if fire gets a buff in the future, because of the legendaries you need to farm. (same for weapons as well?)

You can catch up relatively quickly with buyable AK to 15, after which it would take you another month to get to 25, but hell, you don't need AK 25 to reach 35 traits anyway if you're diligent. Getting to 54 though - that's where you'll have issues, but 7.2 might be out by then anyway, with further catch-up mechanisms.
Thanks, I wasn’t aware of the catch up mechanics. I’ll keep that in mind.

It's really what you make of it. I mean yeah no, you can't jump into raiding Mythic Nighthold in a month from nothing without some heavy carrying. But if you don't mind missing out on this tier, you could totally be on par for Tomb of Sargeras.
I don’t plan to jump in to mythics nor do I think its possible.
I was just hoping I would “eventually” be able to catch up.

Thanks for the advice!

Tacitus_

yeah. I really like fire, but had frost in mind. But I’ll definitely struggle to make that decision, because unlike previous expansions, you can’t seem to simply change spec even if fire gets a buff in the future, because of the legendaries you need to farm. (same for weapons as well?)

I don’t plan to jump in to mythics nor do I think its possible.
I was just hoping I would “eventually” be able to catch up.

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, switching specs is a bit of a pain in the ass. You can get two specs to weapon level 35 only a couple days slower than focusing one there but after that you pretty much have to commit as the costs don't raise exponentially any more. They're making some changes to acquiring legendaries in the next patch, but they're a halfway measure at best. But then again, if you're raiding normals or heroics, it doesn't really matter that much. If you focus on getting good, you can outplay facerollers in the lower difficulties even if they should do more DPS based on their gear and class.

Mupod

I went on a tirade last week during mythic+ about how I never get any loot, so last night I got like 5 upgrades. OK.

Also my favorite thing about heroic Gul'dan is when the tanks randomly spin him around. We did get to the final phase though. Maybe we'll get him down this week.

v1perz53

BREAKING NEWS DOUBLE POST BUT I DONT CARE -

Necrotic stacks now reset when you leave combat!

Wait, do you mean on live, as in they just hotfixed this? Because they certainly weren't on Saturday when we did runs. Nice that they hotfixed it, but why do this on a Monday after a whole week of necrotic on NA, just push it live on Tuesday so that people don't feel like they got screwed because they didn't wait until Monday to do their runs.

Or if you just mean that is how it is on PTR, yea, that is an awesome change and one of the best M+ changes for 7.2

lazygecko

Heh, Blizzard nerfed the hell out of Everbloom Wilds. I used to farm trash drops there back in fall for around 5-6k per hour. Going back to it now, the drop rate is terrible, and the main grey item that you used to vendor en masse for 5.1g each is now 51 silver instead.

I'm always envious of the male version of that helm, since the female version omits the chin (since its got a beard). It looks so much better as a full mask.

Yup. Its not all the male races that have the full helm either. Orcs for example omit the chin as well. Its dismayed me that females dont get the full helm. Its such a sexy thing.

Wait, do you mean on live, as in they just hotfixed this? Because they certainly weren't on Saturday when we did runs. Nice that they hotfixed it, but why do this on a Monday after a whole week of necrotic on NA, just push it live on Tuesday so that people don't feel like they got screwed because they didn't wait until Monday to do their runs.

Or if you just mean that is how it is on PTR, yea, that is an awesome change and one of the best M+ changes for 7.2

hotfixed

Top Bottom