• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

I finally got the bear hidden appearance. Only balance to go. I'm going to miss seeing LFRs that are 1/2 druid with most dropping after killing Ursoc, me included.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Started Spellblade Mythic progression, this seems like a pretty annoying fight with a shit ton of mechanics.

Thankfully, I'm melee so I don't really have to worry about most of them.

I got the Dragons Breath legendary on the first boss tonight

and you know what

it's fucking STUPID

how much it affects my DPS. Like, jesus christ. You are so damn stifled if you don't have a DPS legendary.

v1perz53

Sorry but you don't get to just alter the numbers involved in the conversation at will, this came up because AT THE CAP on the ptr, the last point is literally ridiculous grinding again, so are the previous points. it's EXACTLY the same as it is right now.

If that changes, fantastic, but it hasn't yet. What you're saying in this post is all bullshit until blizz adds like 10 more AK ranks on the ptr. AK is a perfect mechanism for this stuff, they even said it perfectly in their post on the matter, but their actions so far don't illustrate that being the case.

48 is barely more than halfway done, as I noted. At AK25 it's something like 200 fucking maw 10+s to get 54 right now. That's god damn absurd.

I've run more mythic dungeons in Legion in 6 months than I've run total dungeons of any sort in the previous 3 expansions combined. Out of obligation rather than desire. That's fucked.

You're still missing the point. Yes, the last point for the "infinite" trait will take 900 Maw M+ runs to do. BUT YOU GAIN 0.05% (yes, zero point zero five, not the current zero point 5 per paragon trait) DPS OVER NOT HAVING IT. I have simmed this value, I am not making it up. The difference between 48 and 50 for my current druid (went feral for easier sim) at 900 ilvl is a 0.05% difference. So you don't have to run anything, there is literally no reason to bother "finishing" your weapon in order to gain 0.05% DPS. You are literally saying you are upset you have to run 900 Maw M+ runs so that you can get 200 more Str/Agi/Int with a 15% uptime. We have 30,000 Str/Agi/Int in current gear. The point isn't that finishing the weapon is less hard to do, it is that finishing the weapon is POINTLESS. The system is just there to give you a bar to fill, something to work towards. When taken as a whole, all 50 points are worth a lot. But going from 48 to 50 will net you NOTHING, it is less of a DPS gain than the variance in your ping from night to night causes.

At this point, I feel like we are just missing each others points somehow, or talking about different things. Do you think that the "infinite" in 7.2 is still 0.5% DPS per point? Because it isn't anymore. If I'm not saying something clearly, let me know, cause I feel like we keep talking past each other somehow hah.

Einchy

55 wipes later and we're finally seeing some progression on Spellblade. We got to the second frost phase in our second to last pull.

55 wipes later and we're finally seeing some progression on Spellblade. We got to the second frost phase in our second to last pull.

Was that 55 pulls in one night? Seems like a higher amount than is normally possible. Though I suppose if you wipe quickly it's possible.

For reference, I think in a 2.5-3 hour raid night since HFC, the most pulls I've seen is maybe 40 or mid-high 30s on average, but I'd have to double check.

Einchy

Was that 55 pulls in one night? Seems like a higher amount than is normally possible. Though I suppose if you wipe quickly it's possible.

For reference, I think in a 2.5-3 hour raid night since HFC, the most pulls I've seen is maybe 40 or mid-high 30s on average, but I'd have to double check.

Nah, we did a couple before doing Botanist but then we stopped, since the officers figured it would be easier.

We did about 2 hours worth of pulls 3-ish weeks ago.

[edit]

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753425442?page=1#post-17

Goddammit.

Blizzard is going to break the addons that interact with friendly nameplates.

So this
http://i.imgur.com/KrZh2uB.jpg
will no longer be possible in raids.

Milennia

Nah, we did a couple before doing Botanist but then we stopped, since the officers figured it would be easier.

We did about 2 hours worth of pulls 3-ish weeks ago.

[edit]

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753425442?page=1#post-17

Goddammit.

Blizzard is going to break the addons that interact with friendly nameplates.

So this
http://i.imgur.com/KrZh2uB.jpg
will no longer be possible in raids.

i actually just didnt use any of that shit on star augur, some people needed it but it bothered my eyes and just made shit worse for me so i turned it all off, even just the regular nameplates because they bothered me when trying to click shit.

i suppose after seeing what people were doing on that boss however this was warranted now that its more public.

Kacar

My guild is on 87 wipes on mKrosus. Think its over 3 nights now.

Don't think the dps or healing is there right now unfortunately.

Einchy

i suppose after seeing what people were doing on that boss however this was warranted now that its more public.

I can see why they would disable for that but just names showing up clearly in their class color isn't something that I feel should be removed. All that really does it make it so I know who is who and it's just aesthetically better, why remove that?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Maybe just have extreme diminishing returns after a certain point per week if not an outright cap on AP? Dynamically adjusted based on how much AP you already have?

IDK.

IIRC this will happen in 7.2, where running too many mythic dungeons will start to actively diminish the AP you get in at least one speciifc dungeon, if not an overall sense - most of the AP will come from your highest rank in the weekly reward chest (though I could be misremembering).

At this point, I feel like we are just missing each others points somehow, or talking about different things. Do you think that the "infinite" in 7.2 is still 0.5% DPS per point? Because it isn't anymore. If I'm not saying something clearly, let me know, cause I feel like we keep talking past each other somehow hah.

I mean...you can't really argue 'infinite progression = good for the player' and 'there is no real benefit' at the same time and expect to be taken seriously.

If there isn't a functional cap (the max. as of now, is absurd), why is there a cap that no one can really aspire to, simply in order to justify AK's continued existence? If the gains are so minimal, why not let players ACTUALLY be done with their mains or what have you, and let them play off specs/alts. As it is now, the 'idea' that you need to play your main toon/spec may be diminished, but why is it not gone?

It's indicative of a larger problem (with alts or off-specs, at least) with artifact power and its ability to limit what you are able to play. Sure, the new diminishing returns create a metaphorical cap in how little benefit it actually provides once you outlevel your AK gains....but then what's the point of even getting the AP, anymore?

If it's such little dps as to provide no tangible benefit (which I'd say 0.05% counts as by the time it actually matters for mythic raid progression) AS WELL AS taking tons and tons and tons of runs to get, the incentive for mythic + goes waaaaaaay down, especially when paired with the new Diminishing returns system.

Blizzard is basically going as hard as they can to minimize burnout from mythic+ spam without actually putting a reasonable 'limit' on AP. Just put a cap on it and be done with it.

Outlaw Rogue's Grappling Hook is the pre-Pathfinder MVP of Legion that the Goblin Glider was for pre-Pathfinder Warlords of Draenor. Grappling Hook is probably better with how it can help you basically ignore lots of terrain.

Lain

Sometimes daily or weekly don't reset right for me.
I had the warlock ritual of doom quest not resetting right some days ago, which meant no drop for me from the summoned demon.
Today I found out the weekly research for a free coin on my paladin wasn't available.
I do really wonder what triggers these kind of bugs.

Mupod

my 5-man team's hunter generously gave me an 880 Horn of Valor that dropped. And to think we almost ran a different key. Also Tyrannical +15 Eye of Azshara still sucks but not as bad as a +10 was in EN gear, so the power creep is real. Didn't even need bloodlust for the end guy.

I've gotten to the point where I've completely fallen off of sims and trying to figure out what kind of gear I want as a BoS Frost DK. It's funny because since I said fuck it and started winging it, I've started doing even better on meters (when I don't screw up my breaths). Obviously we aren't a world leading guild but we have some very good players. But yeah I don't follow game news or datamining any more, for all I know they buffed my class without me noticing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Outlaw Rogue's Grappling Hook is the pre-Pathfinder MVP of Legion that the Goblin Glider was for pre-Pathfinder Warlords of Draenor. Grappling Hook is probably better with how it can help you basically ignore lots of terrain.

Heroic Leap was the pre-Pathfinder WOD MVP

Lain

Decided to go do Throne of Thunder with my Hunter for some transmog stuff and first Council of Elders dropped no loot (corpses not lootable), then my character fell through the world/disconnected after Tortos. Now I gotta wait for a GM to move her to a safe spot because I keep getting disconnected when getting back in game.

Is Hellfire Peninsula always this active in chat? All day now people have been talkin up a storm. Anyways, I love this zone but, god I hate the BGM. I finished Silithus and hated every moment of it. God, what were they thinking? I'm glad the general view was that zone sucked.

I did something silly too. I decided to sub to the game. Have I throw away my life? I feel I have :p

shgRv7i.jpg

I made a big mistake.

wpMSV44.jpg

Welp, for the hoooorde!

I took some pics of my experience.

Hugstable

Banned
Just rejoined the game last month after like 7 or so year break and have a new account so I've been leveling all over again. Mists of Pandaria expansion has been new for me and I've really been enjoying the hell out of the zones. Been playing to where I complete all the quests in a zone before I move on (I use experience eliminator cause I like staying in the zones level range til I move on). Hit 90 just recently and finished off Dread Wastes, and oh my goodness there is so many dailies. I really like the whole farming thing going on in Halfhill and really got into the Panda cooking, have completed like 2 of the schools so far (I think Brew and Oven). Thought I was about to move on to Dreanor soon and now I learned of Scenarios and holy crap do I have alot more content to check out here. Haven't been to Isle of Thunder or TImeless Isle yet either (can't figure out how to get to Timeless Isle). Gotta say I really liked this expansion for the zones it has, plus I really liked what they did with cooking here, kinda don't want to leave it yet haha. Really want to see the raids someday, especially Siege of Orgrimmar. Want to get myself raid ready by the time the next raid comes out, but damn am I enjoying these new zones so far.

Is Hellfire Peninsula always this active in chat? All day now people have been talkin up a storm. Anyways, I love this zone but, god I hate the BGM. I finished Silithus and hated every moment of it. God, what were they thinking? I'm glad the general view was that zone sucked.

I did something silly too. I decided to sub to the game. Have I throw away my life? I feel I have :p

Welp, for the hoooorde!

I took some pics of my experience.

Congrats on getting to Outland! Have fun, pretty amazing when experiencing everything the first time. Though BC can feel like a slog sometimes questing wise, just know that everything gets much better after it. Though I really love the atmosphere in Zangarmarsh

Tarazet

I've set myself a pro aspie goal of finishing all of the class campaigns by the end of Legion.

If I was trying ot be super aspie, I would also try to get all the hidden weapon appearances. We'll see how long this part takes first. It really doesn't take much after hitting 110.

Huh, Hellfire is awesome! Seriously nothing is as bad as Silithus. Was that zone just unfinished?

Pretty much. I'm not sure of the exact history without looking it up, but before the release of AQ (and the war effort event leading up to it), I don't believe there was actually much of anything there. Even with the introduction of the raid and related event, there still wasn't much.

Xeteh

Fuck. Normal Legion instances are the worst and I'm going to have to spend a lot of time in them because I need to level. This character was initially a 101 twink and I did the story quests in Aszuna, Stormheim and Valsharah for the ilvl800 pieces. So now I'm 104 now from doing the side stuff in those zones and all I have left is Highmountain.

vocab

Fuck. Normal Legion instances are the worst and I'm going to have to spend a lot of time in them because I need to level. This character was initially a 101 twink and I did the story quests in Aszuna, Stormheim and Valsharah for the ilvl800 pieces. So now I'm 104 now from doing the side stuff in those zones and all I have left is Highmountain.

Use conslegion with dungeon queues while you quest. It's fast as fuck. But yeah you should be close to 110, but ya goofed.

Einchy

Isn't dungeon leveling shit now?

The fastest way to level is to do a zone until you get the dungeon quest, do that, and then go to the next zone.

So you still want to do dungeons but only once for the quest cus otherwise, they don't really give a good amount of EXP.

[edit]

Spellbender on Mythic is great for Fury.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FJXzHf4wMDaqdtvZ#fight=15&type=damage-done

You can always have BC+Odyn for ads and then you're able to always Draught between them.

The fastest way to level is to do a zone until you get the dungeon quest, do that, and then go to the next zone.

So you still want to do dungeons but only once for the quest cus otherwise, they don't really give a good amount of EXP.

[edit]

Spellbender on Mythic is great for Fury.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FJXzHf4wMDaqdtvZ#fight=15&type=damage-done

You can always have BC+Odyn for ads and then you're able to always Draught between them.

NERF PLS.

And your comp is weird. 2 healer doubles.

Einchy

Yeah, we had two priests but one quit a few weeks into EN and the other quit 2-ish weeks into NH.

One of the druids switched from Monk when NH came out.

Xeteh

Isn't dungeon leveling shit now?

I was getting like 20% of a level at 104 for the random dungeon so it wouldn't be bad if you could blaze through the dungeon but holy shit normal dungeons are the slowest runs possible. So many people have no idea what they're doing and I'm not talking about the dungeons themselves. Some people look like this is their first time playing WoW at all.

lazygecko

It's funny seeing how the class (un)balance changes across the level brackets in battlegrounds while leveling. At 10-19 survival hunters dominate, though arcane mage is also pretty damn good (if both fight eachother with pocket healers, mage will probably win due to better sustained burst).

At higher levels arms warrior becomes fucking insane though. On my 60ish warrior I'm constantly doing 3x more damage than anyone else.

Even with those huge class dispatities in place, the gear/stat scaling has been a huge boon to the enjoyment of bg leveling.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's funny seeing how the class (un)balance changes across the level brackets in battlegrounds while leveling. At 10-19 survival hunters dominate, though arcane mage is also pretty damn good (if both fight eachother with pocket healers, mage will probably win due to better sustained burst).

At higher levels arms warrior becomes fucking insane though. On my 60ish warrior I'm constantly doing 3x more damage than anyone else.

Even with those huge class dispatities in place, the gear/stat scaling has been a huge boon to the enjoyment of bg leveling.
Wonder when it switches over, because Arms is literally bottom tier PvP at cap.

I'm a fury WAR and it's kinda boring. Just use wep throw+charge+whirlwind=dead. Infact, whirlwind kills everything super fast anyways. For a boss throw on berserk and war cry and burn it down. Problem is none of my skills are flashy. It's basically AA and it's disappointing. Are WARs just kinda boring in general? How are DKs? Do they get cool skills that aren't just regular attacks with the same animation?

I'm a fury WAR and it's kinda boring. Just use wep throw+charge+whirlwind=dead. Infact, whirlwind kills everything super fast anyways. For a boss throw on berserk and war cry and burn it down. Problem is none of my skills are flashy. It's basically AA and it's disappointing. Are WARs just kinda boring in general? How are DKs? Do they get cool skills that aren't just regular attacks with the same animation?

Hmm. Warriors are definitely on the low end of flashy compared to other classes. DKs are a little bit flashier. Paladins are probably the flashiest melee class. Demon Hunters also have...alot of flashiness in terms of movements. Rogues are...a step above warriors but below other melee classes. Feral Druids are worse than warriors.

Warriors are great now though with the new Legion animations, albeit still admittedly less flashy than some other classes.

Heroic Strike animation was tha poop. Didn't feel like anything.

How is survivability for Fury? I messed around with it at the start of the expansion and could barely stay alive while doing normal questing. That increased damage intake really hurts.

Einchy

How is survivability for Fury? I messed around with it at the start of the expansion and could barely stay alive while doing normal questing. That increased damage intake really hurts.

Questing is not much of an issue now since you can kill everything so fast.

Survivability in raids isn't great, we have one personal and one raid CD. Fury does amazing DPS right now but I really do wish they'd give us one more defensive CD.

vocab

warpaint is mandatory in raids. And you have one cooldown outside of commanding shout. It's easy to die on fury.

There's no problem really. I think any issues were overblown in all but the most extreme cases (e.g. burning through thorns damage on Mythic Cenarius would often kill our Fury warrior at the time). The go-to talent in one row (Warpaint) reduces damage taken while enraged anyway (the other options aren't that impressive). Though they do lack in defensives otherwise (only one, which is somewhat weak).

Fury is more fun than Arms to play too, at least IMO. Hate, HATE spamming Focused Rage. You shouldn't EVER have to deal with something off the GCD like that.

Maybe it has changed since released but I enjoyed Arms. And I was able to stay alive easier which was nice. I don't remember if I used Focused Rage, though. I think I was using Mortal Combo.

I do agree that Fury is more fun. It's the warrior spec I played most in WoD.

Einchy

This thread was filled with my bitching about Arms when Legion first came out and nothing has changed. ARMS IS HOT GARBAGE

That's why, even when Fury was top 3 worst spec in the game, I was still playing it and not Arms.

v1perz53

Just rejoined the game last month after like 7 or so year break and have a new account so I've been leveling all over again. Mists of Pandaria expansion has been new for me and I've really been enjoying the hell out of the zones. Been playing to where I complete all the quests in a zone before I move on (I use experience eliminator cause I like staying in the zones level range til I move on). Hit 90 just recently and finished off Dread Wastes, and oh my goodness there is so many dailies. I really like the whole farming thing going on in Halfhill and really got into the Panda cooking, have completed like 2 of the schools so far (I think Brew and Oven). Thought I was about to move on to Dreanor soon and now I learned of Scenarios and holy crap do I have alot more content to check out here. Haven't been to Isle of Thunder or TImeless Isle yet either (can't figure out how to get to Timeless Isle). Gotta say I really liked this expansion for the zones it has, plus I really liked what they did with cooking here, kinda don't want to leave it yet haha. Really want to see the raids someday, especially Siege of Orgrimmar. Want to get myself raid ready by the time the next raid comes out, but damn am I enjoying these new zones so far.

While I played during MoP, recently I've been doing something similar to you, taking a character fully through each zone turning off XP to stay in the level range, finishing all quests. And My advice is don't rush to get out of Pandaria, really awesome zones and storylines, very fun to play. Some factions even have epic ending quests once you hit exalted (Shado Pan, Klaxxi, technically Tillers). I also really enjoyed the Lion's Landing (Dominance Point for horde) storyline, but it requires lots of dailies if you don't have a char already revered. Isle of Thunder is great too, almost better with less people now. Timeless Isle can be a little annoying with how deserted it is since some rares spawn based on non-rares being killed, but it is super fun to explore. All in all, I say take your time and fully experience the content, I absolutely love MoP from an "old expansion don't have to do the endgame grind" standpoint. Scenarios are awesome also, little bits of lore and story you can do, unfortunately if you stick at 90 I'm not sure all are soloable (or that you can even enter them solo), they were meant for 3 people. But yea, don't rush out of MoP because...

You have WoD coming up next... And while WoD levelling was never the worst part about that expansion, everything certainly feels worse than MoP, at least in terms of zones, quests, story and factions. And the focus on Garrisons makes it kind of a huge pain to do now that the expansion is over.

Anyway, true group 3 man scenarios are one of the things I'm most sad they didn't keep going with. Was nice to have something to do that didn't require heal/tank/3DPS and it was a good way to get a bit of story in with group content. I also think it could be a good way to practice mechanics, like moving out of abilities.

Top Bottom