• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

mclem

on top of that, requiring tons more order resources is a real kick in the dick considering I barely manage enough for artifact research and occasional missions. I guess most people who play WoW, only play WoW, so I'm sure they're happy. But asking me to stop playing persona 5 to grind tons of world quests just makes me want to drop WoW entirely rather than keep playing casually. And yes I realize that mythic raiding and +10 keystones doesn't fit everyone's definition of casual but it was only a few hours a week to bang all that stuff out. Also playing with friends is a lot different from mindlessly plugging away at repetitive daily garbage rep grinds.

A bodyguard follower or two with the "Get order resources on completing a world quest if this guy is around" upgrade makes a huge difference to order resource stockpiles. I'm deep in the five figures and that's after purchasing the two big new upgrades.

Mupod

A bodyguard follower or two with the "Get order resources on completing a world quest if this guy is around" upgrade makes a huge difference to order resource stockpiles. I'm deep in the five figures and that's after purchasing the two big new upgrades.

I've had a +50 one since forever, recently upgraded to +100 after the free legendary handout. I know that some people have hundreds of thousands and 25k is nothing to them, but I've been running on order resource fumes for months. I had a lot stockpiled from when I was actively doing WQs but I can't stomach them anymore. Even when I bother to bang some out I can only stand the ones that are like, kill 1 mob or do this weird Kirin Tor thing that is bugged out half the time.

Anyways, I caught the last 7 minutes of an invasion yesterday. I wouldn't mind doing those if Blizzard didn't think they only needed to go up when I was at work or otherwise busy. Not only that but just catching the tail end of it doesn't allow you to complete it, you need to be around for long enough to do a bunch of objectives. I actually got four done in that brief time window but then everything disappeared when I was in the middle of the next part.

I've had a +50 one since forever, recently upgraded to +100 after the free legendary handout. I know that some people have hundreds of thousands and 25k is nothing to them, but I've been running on order resource fumes for months. I had a lot stockpiled from when I was actively doing WQs but I can't stomach them anymore. Even when I bother to bang some out I can only stand the ones that are like, kill 1 mob or do this weird Kirin Tor thing that is bugged out half the time.

Anyways, I caught the last 7 minutes of an invasion yesterday. I wouldn't mind doing those if Blizzard didn't think they only needed to go up when I was at work or otherwise busy. Not only that but just catching the tail end of it doesn't allow you to complete it, you need to be around for long enough to do a bunch of objectives. I actually got four done in that brief time window but then everything disappeared when I was in the middle of the next part.

It's funny you mention world quests, I'm kind of at the point where I can't stomach them anymore either. I can fly now and I don't have any real reason to do anything else with my main outside of raiding. The World Quests give shit way under what is useful for me. I'm grinding out the PVP mount from doing the 80 world quests but that's about it. It's really kind of frustrating how grindy this entire expansion has been, and each time a new grind is introduced it feels like the grind doesn't really get you anything if you've kept up with content at all. Especially with this being the biggest patch ever.

Thinking of coming back after 3 months.... having pvp withdrawals even though this had some of worst pruning I have ever seen. The question is after 7.2 did they nerf the time needed to invest into an artifact weapons.
Hated this since it made it feel like a full time job keeping multiple specs and toons caught up with the rest. I am used to having many flavors when I pvp but this xp destroyed me with 4 toons.
Yet I want to play some bgs (all my arena partners quit so this is strictly bg I would world pvp but that was joke) but dont want to be behind because of time (miss when all i needed was just hit max lvl and grind some gear then done).
I guess I am looking for someone to tell me "hey go play go have fun" but this xp has been a roller coaster of emotion and looking to see if I should invest my time again.

CHC

Thinking of coming back after 3 months.... having pvp withdrawals even though this had some of worst pruning I have ever seen. The question is after 7.2 did they nerf the time needed to invest into an artifact weapons.
Hated this since it made it feel like a full time job keeping multiple specs and toons caught up with the rest. I am used to having many flavors when I pvp but this xp destroyed me with 4 toons.
Yet I want to play some bgs (all my arena partners quit so this is strictly bg I would world pvp but that was joke) but dont want to be behind because of time (miss when all i needed was just hit max lvl and grind some gear then done).
I guess I am looking for someone to tell me "hey go play go have fun" but this xp has been a roller coaster of emotion and looking to see if I should invest my time again.

The artifacts have been enormously squished in terms of time to level them. Basically you can turn in Order Resources to up your artifact knowledge level, to the point where you are getting hundreds of thousands of artifact points from a single world quest.

You easily fill out the whole thing in an afternoon, like.... very easily.

They've added a few more "prestige" traits off to the side that take many many millions to unlock, but again, they're not absolutely necessary. I came back just a couple days ago and the catch-up mechanisms are very generous, don't worry.

Personally, I'm really enjoying Legion. There isn't one "killer feature" but it's a classic case of being more than the sum of its parts. For what it's worth, I play pretty casually now, but that being said, I can't stay away. There's always something I feel motivated to work towards, the amount of content here is staggering. Probably my favorite since Wrath, honestly.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I see the point with order hall resources (especially on alts like Monks, who don't have any great way to even get the champion items that boost order resource in the first place), but neither of the two 7.2 additions to the Class Hall Traits are 'necessary', per se - the last one is (potentially) pretty good, but not actually necessary, and unless you play the follower board often, the other one's pretty meh as well.

IMO, best thing to do is try to use those Bloodhunter shoulder enchants and start trading in, and, if possible, use the auto-complete quests for the 400+ Order resource quests in a zone where you have an emissary, in order to get a bigger net benefit out of its use.

On a (maybe) somewhat related note, has anyone actually seen the 'class hall armor' upgrade to 870? Apparently it's a (weekly?) rare WQ on the broken shore, but I've not seen one yet, on multiple servers.

Lain

You only really do it fast to get to 35/36 I'd say. After that, the grind is back for the new talents and getting the 4th points for the old ones.

Robin64

On a (maybe) somewhat related note, has anyone actually seen the 'class hall armor' upgrade to 870? Apparently it's a (weekly?) rare WQ on the broken shore, but I've not seen one yet, on multiple servers.

Got one last week, was days after I became eligible to see those quests, but it did eventually appear. Used it on a belt.

You easily fill out the whole thing in an afternoon, like.... very easily.

They've added a few more "prestige" traits off to the side that take many many millions to unlock, but again, they're not absolutely necessary. I came back just a couple days ago and the catch-up mechanisms are very generous, don't worry.

And then after that, you have all the fourth ranks to old traits to get, and then the new prestige trait. You can certainly catchup quickly to where 54 point weapons were pre-7.2, but there's still a lot of points to fill out after that.

I have one token for it on my druid. Seems too rare for its intended purpose, and it makes that community manager post about it a few months ago look kind of silly.

Mupod

I finally unlocked Thronebreaker for my frost swords, and I still have absolutely no idea what the hell it does. But I seem to be back on the map in the damage meters again, so it must be doing something.

I like how our heroic Skorpyron strategy is now to just sit him on top of the scorpion spawn point and have everybody go insane with AOE to scumbag the parse, lol.

v1perz53

I finally unlocked Thronebreaker for my frost swords, and I still have absolutely no idea what the hell it does. But I seem to be back on the map in the damage meters again, so it must be doing something.

I like how our heroic Skorpyron strategy is now to just sit him on top of the scorpion spawn point and have everybody go insane with AOE to scumbag the parse, lol.

Crystalline Swords are the passive swords occasionally summoned by your artifact (the first trait) that just have a random chance to spawn on melee. Thronebreaker just makes Obliterate also spawn one guaranteed each time you use it. The whole "pierced from the back" thing is just flavor text to add some confusion. Basically just makes Oblit do some more damage.

Feels weird to do a Kirin Tor WQ and not take the Legionfall token, but I'll be well exalted before the mounts are available, so might as well put that rep towards a chance at a mount I guess.

lazygecko

The new paladin follower is really disappointing. Someone duped me into thinking it would be Maximillian :-/

At least Eitrigg for horde warriors is a cool choice.

Tarazet

Finally unlocked flying to scratch that one off the list. Now I can turn my attention to more pressing matters, like the Valarjar Stormwing.

Metroidvania

The new paladin follower is really disappointing. Someone duped me into thinking it would be Maximillian :-/

At least Eitrigg for horde warriors is a cool choice.

Yeah, of all the new follower/class hall quests I've done, the Paladin NE 'ghost' (I know Maximillian's there too), the DK random undead lady (tho I kind of understand they have a much more limited follower pool to draw from, and they kind of blew their load in giving you the Horsemen), and the Shamans getting Grimtotem (just....wat) are the odd choices that I've seen.

Monks just getting another random beer quest, and another random Pandaren follower is also kinda 'eh', but that's kind of par for the course for monks at this point. Haven't done it, but while the Nightborne Hunter companion is kinda 'eh' as well from a lore perspective, at least it's related to the situation in Legion where we're now allies.

As an aside, while I personally like Lillian Voss as a character, I'd much rather have Tess Graymane for my 2nd bodyguard as a rogue, even though I know it doesn't make sense for the Horde getting her.

But in the end, two spots should always be taken up by Morose and/or Meatball anyways, so it's kinda moot.

Mupod

I never did end up figuring out how you get Moroes. We cleared Karazhan until everybody in the guild
that we liked
had a Nightbane too.

v1perz53

I never did end up figuring out how you get Moroes. We cleared Karazhan until everybody in the guild
that we liked
had a Nightbane too.

It's just a quest item drop from Moroes, which tasks you with collecting some things.

Quest item that drops from Moroes at a shockingly low percentage. Wowhead has it at like 2%, only drops from regular Mythic not M+ or Heroic. We got two to drop in our several months of Kara clears, but certainly isn't something to count on. Just Meatball is fine anyway, though Moroes + Meatball is borderline OP.

Zelias

Banned
Finally got 200 mounts achievement after years of being lazy. Now to aim for 300, which I'm not sure I'll ever do but hey, I want that azure cloud serpent mount.

Flying really speeds up everything. All my legion assaults done quicker, herbing, mining and other WQ.

My hunter got her first Unstable Arcanocrystal last night. In fact, she's the only one. All my other character have been getting AP. It didn't help that she also got Pydaz from Withered Jim too. I barely play my hunter, but why can't my mage, shaman, DH or pally get gear as easily as her?

Gonna do Mythic Skorpyron tonight. Been watching videos on the fights. I looked at Demonic builds and will see how it goes.
My guild has been stuck on Chromatic Anomaly for a while. Last week, they took a break, so we just did Heroic instead. Prepared for a wipefest on Chromatic lol.
I watched videos up to Spellblade Aluriel. I don't think we're gonna get to her tonight. After the 2nd arcane phase, she enrages lol.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can't complain though, not this week. Both world bosses dropped 900+ gear for me this week lol.

My newest 110 is my hunter alt, and his world boss luck has been absurd. Yesterday alone I got an Arcanocrystal off of Jim, 900 chest off the broken isles boss, and the character's first legendary from a world quest cache.

Lomax

I hate how I can almost never get these news mission to 200%, shit's annoying.

Yeah because I seem to fail things 180%+ more than I get the bonus

Yeah, they obnoxiously made a bunch of them 6 hours, which means most of the bonus items don't help. I still hate that 8 hour missions don't qualify for the "over 8 hour" bonuses and 4 hours don't for the "under 4 hour" bonuses. The design honestly just comes across as spiteful.

Faiz

One thing flying has done for me is accentuate just how small the landmass of Legion really is. I mean, I knew it was small, but the restriction of access makes it seem larger than it is. Often not in a good way.

One thing flying has done for me is accentuate just how small the landmass of Legion really is. I mean, I knew it was small, but the restriction of access makes it seem larger than it is. Often not in a good way.

Outland is fucking huge. Was having some fun hunting transmogs there the other day.

man as someone who has been firmly in bare-minimum raid and mythic+ mode for a while, this new stuff is annoying as hell. I did manage to barely scrape together two 875 ilvl followers in time for the big AP mission, so when that's done tonight I might finally get to figure out what the hell the frost DK trait Thronebreaker even does (the description is hilariously vague). But I'm falling way behind in AP relative to most of my guild, and I was already pretty low due to splitting between tank/dps specs. I mean I still do fine and my guild certainly doesn't give a shit, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

on top of that, requiring tons more order resources is a real kick in the dick considering I barely manage enough for artifact research and occasional missions. I guess most people who play WoW, only play WoW, so I'm sure they're happy. But asking me to stop playing persona 5 to grind tons of world quests just makes me want to drop WoW entirely rather than keep playing casually. And yes I realize that mythic raiding and +10 keystones doesn't fit everyone's definition of casual but it was only a few hours a week to bang all that stuff out. Also playing with friends is a lot different from mindlessly plugging away at repetitive daily garbage rep grinds.

I'm aware of the absurdity if 'more content? fuck that, unsubbing' but eh. We'll see what happens in a month or two when it runs out.

The upshot once you finish upgrading your Order Hall and followers ilvl is you don't really have much use for Order Hall Resources outside of researching AK, buying Seals of Broken Fate, using the auto-complete function (if your OH has it) and whatever missions you feel like sending your followers on. I only play one character in Legion, roll with a bodyguard with the OH/G bonus per WQ completed trinket (which you state you do as well in a later post), only do the bare minimum for emissary caches and am sitting on a mountain of OH resources.

I get feeling like you never have enough Order Hall resources, there was a point where I would just run through and clear any and all WQ's that rewarded OH resources so I could grind up to the next OH upgrade or because I couldn't fall behind on AK research but now it almost feels like Oil drops from World Bosses in Tanaan. Once a valued and precious commodity but now it's kind of superfluous. But you gotta push up that hump to reach that point. Now at least the top tier of the OH upgrades seem worthwhile. Especially if you're split leveling two specs.

But I also largely only play WoW, my copies of Persona 5 and Breathe of the Wild sit shrink-wrapped and untouched for the moment.

I definitely get the WQ fatigue though. I largely just run them for rep and enchanting mats at this point.

Nista

Quest item that drops from Moroes at a shockingly low percentage. Wowhead has it at like 2%, only drops from regular Mythic not M+ or Heroic. We got two to drop in our several months of Kara clears, but certainly isn't something to count on. Just Meatball is fine anyway, though Moroes + Meatball is borderline OP.

Yeah I'm kind of curious if I should use both Moroes and Meatball (whose quest I'm still working through). The reddit follower guide that's up recently seems to have them as 7th follower options, but never both at once. Since they don't really cancel threats out I wonder if there's too many quests where they cause no bonuses or time extensions.

Though even once I get Meatball I won't be using him as a bodyguard cause I got Rehgar for Raptor Speed...

Metroidvania

Yeah I'm kind of curious if I should use both Moroes and Meatball (whose quest I'm still working through). The reddit follower guide that's up recently seems to have them as 7th follower options, but never both at once. Since they don't really cancel threats out I wonder if there's too many quests where they cause no bonuses or time extensions.

Though even once I get Meatball I won't be using him as a bodyguard cause I got Rehgar for Raptor Speed...

Meatball (and I think Moroes) have such absurdly high mission success boost % that they don't 'need' to counter stuff. Like, Meatball can almost, if not solo, a mission that's over 8 hours with 2 40%+ follower items.

Now, that mission may take forever because you're not countering stuff, but you add that to one other follower.....

Kalnoky

Not sure if anyone else has ran into this yet, but I unlocked flying last night and while doing WQs in Azsuna just now I was able to do one of those stupid "Like the Wind" Kirin Tor quests with a flying mount.

Just flew up to the quest NPC guy who starts it, my action bars got replaced with the dash UI thing, but I was still mounted. Went ahead and flew through the purple orbs and the final purple gate thing on my rocket and got completion credit.

Probably not intended, but fuck those quests anyway. The laugh was worth it.

Fjordson

Not sure if anyone else has ran into this yet, but I unlocked flying last night and while doing WQs in Azsuna just now I was able to do one of those stupid "Like the Wind" Kirin Tor quests with a flying mount.

Just flew up to the quest NPC guy who starts it, my action bars got replaced with the dash UI thing, but I was still mounted. Went ahead and flew through the purple orbs and the final purple gate thing on my rocket and got completion credit.

Yep, so satisfying to just completely cheese those with flying.

The game has been really annoying me lately, but flying has improved my mood so much lmao. So much easier to bounce around and get world quests done now.

Tarazet

Outland is fucking huge. Was having some fun hunting transmogs there the other day.

Outland is this huge sprawling mass with not a whole lot in it. The content that's there was good for the time, but it hasn't aged well. Legion's zones are all dense, tightly packed and have interesting themes and stories in each little quadrant.. except Broken Shore which is totally phoned in and subpar.

I leveled a Frost DK from 106 to 109 in 3 hours doing bonus objectives, the JC quest line and a Neltharion's Lair run. Never could have done that so quickly without flying, especially the ones in Highmountain. And that bitch of a JC quest where you have to take two eyes out of this 1000' statue.. lol I can fly what the fuck do I care.

Zelias

Banned
My newest 110 is my hunter alt, and his world boss luck has been absurd. Yesterday alone I got an Arcanocrystal off of Jim, 900 chest off the broken isles boss, and the character's first legendary from a world quest cache.
Jim dropped a 875 Arcanocrystal for my Mage yesterday which was neat! Replaced my Shock Baton as my other trinket is Kiljaeden's Burning Wish.

Got 900 gloves off Apocron too. Up to 882 ilvl, which isn't bad considering I don't raid beyond LFR at the moment.

Kuntz

As a tauren shaman since day one I'm veeeeery pissed about Magatha and have a macro specifically designed to spit on her.
More tauren lore but not like this please :(

mclem

So my mining quest wants me to kill Archimonde.

What.

Yeah, it does that. Depending on your DPS you may need a second person (The question is whether you can down him before he teleports you away in the final phase - with a second player you can just leave them up on the outside)

Robin64

As a tauren shaman since day one I'm veeeeery pissed about Magatha and have a macro specifically designed to spit on her.
More tauren lore but not like this please :(

As a non-Shaman, it was weird when I went to do a WQ last night and Magatha is giving me the speech. I was like, what the fuck?

TheYanger

How are Frost Death Knights in PVE now? Good damage? Nice skills? Not gunna get wrecked by elite mobs?

Elite mobs will generally wreck most people solo unless they overgear them, that's why they're elite. That said, if you're a frost DK you're just one button press away from being a Blood DK in a pinch which is one of the best solo classes in the game (low dps but you can easily just not die).

Frost is in a good spot right now. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Couleurs

You can also cheese the ones where you float up in bubbles to click an item, by flying straight to the item. Kirin Tor WQs are the best now

I'm sure they'll get nerfed at some point where talking to the guy that starts the WQ dismounts you, but for now it's nice

Jag

How is Unholy DK as a pet class for leveling?

I've leveled 3 tanks without an issue, but my Blood DK hits like a wet noodle. Survivability is not an issue, just takes forever to kill stuff.

Lain

You can also cheese the ones where you float up in bubbles to click an item, by flying straight to the item. Kirin Tor WQs are the best now

I'm sure they'll get nerfed at some point where talking to the guy that starts the WQ dismounts you, but for now it's nice

The bubble ones could be cheesed before flying too thanks to gliders and that other item (can't remember the name). With flying it's even better though yeah.

Mupod

How is Unholy DK as a pet class for leveling?

I've leveled 3 tanks without an issue, but my Blood DK hits like a wet noodle. Survivability is not an issue, just takes forever to kill stuff.

works ok. I leveled mostly as Blood and pulled entire camps most of the time. I switched to unholy when I needed single target. Frost was the only shitty leveling experience because everything would just kill you.

of course this was at the start of the expansion and as a tank I could usually just train 30 mobs into a nearby mage. Maybe it's still easy, with people out and about for world quests.

Top Bottom