• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Mmm, trying to liquidate a bunch of high value items before I probably server transfer. Blackrock Bulwark, Blade of Wizardry, Beguiler Robes, Chan's Imperial Robes, Vicar's Robe, Tabard of the Lightbringer, and a Vial of the Sands primarily being the biggest ticket things.

Also have a fair amount of high value trade commodities (gems, crystals, etc.) that I want to flush out before the new patch.

And of course my Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops recipe, but I might save that one to bring over to the other server where there might be less competition. Yanger has one up on Mal'Ganis already, besides a few others.

If I make enough gold I'll be able to pay for a transfer via that, or just buy Destiny 2. Been a long time since I listed some of these things.

RPGCrazied

I really wish they would make changes on getting those new class mounts. I just can not do Mark of the Sentinax. Nothing ever shows up on the group finder.

Why is this even a requirement? This is stupid.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really wish they would make changes on getting those new class mounts. I just can not do Mark of the Sentinax. Nothing ever shows up on the group finder.

Make your own group in the group finder if you don't see any. People will show up in a matter of minutes usually.

Honestly, the worst quest is that 5 caches one. You always come across a bunch of them prior to getting the quest, but once you get it... nowhere to be found! Ugh... Why these caches couldn't just be shared by everybody and being up all the time like the rest of them in the other zones... I'll never know.

Yam's

I always see several groups farming Sentinax, did you check all languages options?

As for the caches, I simply join groups doing quests on the Broken Shore, that way I can check several servers quickly and be done with the quest in 5min.

Zelias

Banned
The caches respawn every 15 minutes or so I think? Best to fly to a spot where a bunch spawn, get those when they spawn, and then fly around for the remainder. That's what I do anyway.

Lyng

After 7.3 you dont need to do that anymore no?

Saw this on Reddit, an updated least/most played race and class combinations. Surprised to not see pandaren listed on the "least" area since, according to Realm Pop, they are the least played race for every class accept monk.

oNG5qcc.png

I love the Pally roleplay, but the ret "rotation" is the most boring I've played yet. I really pushed this character to see the content, but I don't know if I can continue with it. Is it just me? Things die so quick in the game that you only need to use all your abilities in Legion, and now it's just painful. :-/ Easy, but boring.

EmiPrime

I assume that image originated here.

I'm not surprised to see monks and pandarens struggling for representation, they've never really evolved beyond bad Chinese stereotypes plus "lol, beer!" and it seems like Blizzard have no idea what to do with either in terms of lore. After Lorewalker Cho, Taran Zhu, Chen and Lili I would struggle to name any other monk/pandaren characters.

Not trying to wind anybody up, it's just with the warrior order hall you see Blizzard are capable of making new lore and establishing a new thematic identity for a class but that's just not happening with monks/pandaren.

Jag

Are legionfall war supplies going away tuesday? I read that they won't be a reward from turning in the token anymore and that the island will be going to an Emissary WQ faction. So the point is to turn in all your war supply tokens before reset.

Nokterian

Saw this on Reddit, an updated least/most played race and class combinations. Surprised to not see pandaren listed on the "least" area since, according to Realm Pop, they are the least played race for every class accept monk.

oNG5qcc.png

Pandaren is fun, i have pandaren monk but yeah i do not see a lot of them.

My problem with Pandaren is the males don't looks so good IMO (fat, distorts armor), and I don't have a particular desire to play the females over females of other races that I like better. (Not that T H I C C is bad every now and again.)

To be fair, I haven't done a comprehensive animation comparison of Pandaren to other races, so they might actually feel better in motion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You have to combine Horde and Alliance factions for Pandaren if you are just looking at a Realmpop graph to see their actual race representation inside a class.

You have to combine Horde and Alliance factions for Pandaren if you are just looking at a Realmpop graph to see their actual race representation inside a class.

Yup. At 110 according to Realmpop for NA, Pandaren overall has 180,890 characters, more than Worgen (168,819), Dwarf (166,866), Gnome (145,009) and Goblin (94,584).

The least played combined Pandaren class for US is Rogue at 8,364, just off that graph.

Ah, ok, That makes sense. Any time I browse them on Realm Pop I only pay attention to one of the factions at a time. Didn't even think to combine them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How come Turalyon looks like he's been through absolute hell in the fighting and got super old/covered in scars but Alleria is still super young and sexy with no visible damage whatsoever? I mean, I guess he's like 1000 in game time and she's an elf, but still.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
How come Turalyon looks like he's been through absolute hell in the fighting and got super old/covered in scars but Alleria is still super young and sexy with no visible damage whatsoever? I mean, I guess he's like 1000 in game time and she's an elf, but still.

Them Windrunner genes

Pandarens have some of the best animations in the game, not surprising since they're the newest race, but as with most races in WoW, the further away they physically deviate from humans the worse armor tends to look on them. Blizzard doesn't exactly take great pains in adjusting armor models or textures for the weirder physiques. They do the bare minimum to make stuff work in a neutral standing pose and that's about it. If you're playing a race/sex that deviates greatly from the human physique, some armor and weapons are going to look like shit.

I wish they'd just make Panda's and Monks a hero race/class, start them off right in MoP. They've kind of broke the Zen Pilgrimage quest stuff you do every 10 levels with all of their ability pruning in Legion, it's not like they're going to fix or adjust it and it's not like it makes sense to have a Panda "travel back in time" to older legacy content. While I'm wishing for pointless things that will never happen, Death Knights should also start in Wrath instead of TBC. Just tack on the "you must have one character at x level" as a limit.

I'd have a couple of Panda characters if I could bypass Vanilla, TBC, Wrath and Cata with them. It's one of the main reasons I have a Demon Hunter, it just starts right off in Legion.

TheYanger

I mean, scarring aside, yeah, he's a human and she's an elf, there are no ravages of time for her from such a small period.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, scarring aside, yeah, he's a human and she's an elf, there are no ravages of time for her from such a small period.

I was more wondering if they have an increased resilience to the scarring because his is heavy enough that I would think even with her not being on the front lines as a Hunter she'd have gotten some being basically unarmored.

It's a stupid question in reality since we know why Alleria still looks the same.

TheYanger

I was more wondering if they have an increased resilience to the scarring because his is heavy enough that I would think even with her not being on the front lines as a Hunter she'd have gotten some being basically unarmored.

It's a stupid question in reality since we know why Alleria still looks the same.

I mean, you bring up the other obvious point, I know you're trying to say it's because she's a female and has to be sexy, but the reality is he's literally a tank and shes' literally an evasive maximum ranged dps assassin. Aside from aging or anything else. Whether it's for any salacious reason or not, it's not illogical that this would be the result so it's just your own bias at that point.

There aren't really any old looking or ugly elves, the closest there is are The Withered and whatever the mana cracked heads in the belf starting area are called. Unless you count trolls.

Tarazet

I have all classes at cap now. 7 years in the making.

Blood Elf Warlock
Blood Elf Demon Hunter
Blood Elf Paladin
Orc Mage
Orc Rogue
Undead Death Knight
Undead Monk
Troll Druid
Troll Shaman
Troll Warrior
Tauren Priest
Tauren Hunter

And an extra Night Elf Druid that I never play.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I have all classes at cap now. 7 years in the making.

Blood Elf Warlock
Blood Elf Demon Hunter
Blood Elf Paladin
Orc Mage
Orc Rogue
Undead Death Knight
Undead Monk
Troll Druid
Troll Shaman
Troll Warrior
Tauren Priest
Tauren Hunter

And an extra Night Elf Druid that I never play.

I'm half way there, but with a bit more variety. :p

Human Mage 110
Draenei Paladin 110
Worgen Warrior 110
Dwarf Shaman 110
Night Elf Druid 110
Gnome Warlock 100
Orc Death Knight 110
Blood Elf Rogue 103
Tauren Hunter 101
Undead Priest 100
Troll Monk 100
Blood Elf Demon Hunter 100

If I wanted to, I would change my Blood Elf rogue to a Goblin, that guy was made before Demon Hunters existed, so, yeah... but don't feel like paying for it.

Unfortunately, with 7.3 coming out tomorrow, I feel like I'm going to put my Rogue & Hunter lvling on a break for a while.

I found out yesterday that doing invasions with heirlooms is a great way to get XP. I think I got a whole level doing this.

citizentaxman

Neo Member
how quickly can you level through the MoP and WoD content these days? i played a lot from eu launch of vanilla up to cata and i only played MoP for like a week before losing interest but seeing the whole burning legion stuff finally wrap up is making me want to resub

how quickly can you level through the MoP and WoD content these days? i played a lot from eu launch of vanilla up to cata and i only played MoP for like a week before losing interest but seeing the whole burning legion stuff finally wrap up is making me want to resub

You end up past level 88 doing the first zone in MoP, so you don't even need to finish 2 zones. 2 zones and you are pretty much done (lvl 98) in WoD also, if you are doing the optional objectives on the map that give exp/gold. Insanely fast leveling.

citizentaxman

Neo Member
You end up past level 88 doing the first zone in MoP, so you don't even need to finish 2 zones. 2 zones and you are pretty much done (lvl 98) in WoD also, if you are doing the optional objectives on the map that give exp/gold. Insanely fast leveling.

good to hear! what's the state of fury warriors these days?

Fjordson

Man...my 7.3 hype has sort of deflated. Was hoping for a solid legendary on either of my main characters to take me into the new patch, but yesterday I got shitty ones on both: Sephuz on my shaman and the lame cloak on my DK. Goddamnit.

This is no doubt aided by my full heirloom sets, but the last two characters I leveled through Draenor absolutely flew through it. I would just do bonus objectives while waiting for dungeon queues and I got through it in like a day. It's super fast.

Actually don't think I've gone through MoP content since WoD came out so I can't speak to that.

good to hear! what's the state of fury warriors these days?

Warrior is looking good. I went through the content as arms, but I read that fury is also fine.

Man...my 7.3 hype has sort of deflated. Was hoping for a solid legendary on either of my main characters to take me into the new patch, but yesterday I got shitty ones on both: Sephuz on my shaman and the lame cloak on my DK. Goddamnit.

I'm still looking for my first on my DK. I got two on my warrior without much hassle, then zero on shaman and DK.

Angry Grimace

WOD will take you a few hours if you don't have flying from playing in the expansion, which I don't. Did a monk from 90-98 this weekend and it wasn't that bad other than WOD content is kinda crap.

citizentaxman

Neo Member
WOD will take you a few hours if you don't have flying from playing in the expansion, which I don't. Did a monk from 90-98 this weekend and it wasn't that bad other than WOD content is kinda crap.

i was actually tempted to use the boost to lvl100 then realised i have completely forgotten how to play the game haha. kinda wish blizzard left the insane xp you could get from alterac valley like in wotlk

Angry Grimace

i was actually tempted to use the boost to lvl100 then realised i have completely forgotten how to play the game haha. kinda wish blizzard left the insane xp you could get from alterac valley like in wotlk

I mean, WOD content is fine in terms of XP, it's just tedious, but all leveling is, really.

Shahadan

I'd like to know where the fuck is Mal'Ganis
He made a big exit in Northrend and appeared at the broken shore and then nothing.

I have difficulty to believe they just forgot about him, especially since they brought back every other nathrezim, but it wouldn't surprise me that much

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
He made a big exit in Northrend and appeared at the broken shore and then nothing.

I have difficulty to believe they just forgot about him, especially since they brought back every other nathrezim, but it wouldn't surprise me that much

They are saving him for the inevitable WOTLK 2.0

cdyhybrid

He'll be the central figure of next expansion. Just look at the Blizzcon key art.

Nokterian

12 classes all of them 110. Tonight i will have my 10th class mount the last two classes i will do after 7.3, average ilevel per char is 889 at most, my highest is druid with 910 at the moment.

I've never thought i would do this in my life playing this game for so long and yet i do like it, becoming an altoholic.

Khasim

How costly is it to boost an average profession to max skill these days? I only have Engineering on high level on my DK, but I've been shit out of luck with legendaries and wanted to craft some when I finally decide which class I'm going to play, wondering if it's even worth it to boost those 3 crafting professions so I don't have to buy the item from the AH.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Wasn't he in Nighthold?

Top Bottom