• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Magnus

Patch will be live after maintenance as usual, yeah? Like 12-3pm ET maybe?

Do you think WoW will reach Patch 10.0?

Game has another ten years in it at least, including its F2P end of life phase which will last like 5-7 years in and of itself.

Just imagine the subscriber uptick when they drop subs to $5 or 9.99?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Kinda crazy to think WoW could still be alive & well around 2030. Surely they would have released another MMO by then.

Magnus

I think so. But I also think at some point we will phase into a "WoW 2" at some point.
Brand new game where things carry over, like what was going to happen with Destiny?

I really would kill for a game in the WC universe with cutting edge graphics.... never used to feel that way. But yeah. Make it an Action RPG where we can control major heroes and I'm down.

Man...my 7.3 hype has sort of deflated. Was hoping for a solid legendary on either of my main characters to take me into the new patch, but yesterday I got shitty ones on both: Sephuz on my shaman and the lame cloak on my DK. Goddamnit.

This is no doubt aided by my full heirloom sets, but the last two characters I leveled through Draenor absolutely flew through it. I would just do bonus objectives while waiting for dungeon queues and I got through it in like a day. It's super fast.

Actually don't think I've gone through MoP content since WoD came out so I can't speak to that.

Who is that in your avatar?

Grievous is a mostly fine affix other than a few quirks and the combo this past week is one of the easiest overall. But I guess the higher chest rewards and an easy combo led to a decent number of people running M+ who normally don't. I normally don't have any major issue pugging M+ but there seemed to be a lot more bad players than usual this week.

My favorite was a disc priest who started casting mass red before clearing his stacks and then died before his cast was finished.

Magnus

As someone returning to the game after being gone since the week Tomb opened, have I missed much? Any immediate things I should do before plunging into 7.3 content?

Magnus

Saw this on Reddit, an updated least/most played race and class combinations. Surprised to not see pandaren listed on the "least" area since, according to Realm Pop, they are the least played race for every class accept monk.

oNG5qcc.png

Proud to be rockin' a Dwarf Warlock.

But yeah, also have a NE DH, NE Druid, Human Paladin, and Draenei Shaman. lol

Somehow I didn't think Demon Hunters would be as popular as they've been. They really are everywhere. Also would have thought that Tauren Priests, Worgen Priests and Tauren Monks would have all been more popular.

would have thought dwarf monks would be more popular considering their tank spec requires you to drink a lot of booze

and of course demon hunters are the most popular combination, there are only two combinations, one for each side and they start at level 98. conversely monks are probably the least popular, dunno if the list is counting horde/ally pandaren or if they are just not popular. there are no pure dps specs in the most popular combos either.

New spell animations are pretty nice, as are the effects. Troll posture is a little wacky on some spells (mage), but human seems fine (of course). At least the spells actually feel like they are impacting with some force, so it'll be fun to work on my 80-something mage in the future.

I was reading that it would be more "difficult" to gear for Argus now, but the dauntless gear still seems to be on the vendor? I read that those items were going away. The vendor also has some champion armor items for 400 shards that immediately ups them to 880 ilvl. That sure would have been nice to have before. Artifact power from items seems to be jacked through the roof, even on existing items, or at least items I gained from class hall missions I already had in progress. I'm sure this is all common knowledge, but I haven't been following it too close, other than all the casting changes.

Fjordson

Damn, I'm dying to jump in with the new stuff after work. Love that I have a three day weekend coming up because of Labor Day.

Also, has anyone checked their Mythic+ chest? If I did a +11 yesterday will my weekly chest contain rewards based on the new item level scale? So like 935 item lvl?

Who is that in your avatar?
Lana Del Rey =D

Just saw this too. Rep gating is being removed from Suramar thank god.
Godlike change. Way more eager to get to that on my alt now.

Syf

Banned
the actual questline from start to finish is probably the best in WoW's history.
Agreed, fantastic zone that deserves to be played uninterrupted by the rep gate.

Also, has anyone checked their Mythic+ chest? If I did a +11 yesterday will my weekly chest contain rewards based on the new item level scale? So like 935 item lvl?
I think +10 is all you needed for this week but yeah you will get the new ilvl, people have been posting their 950 titanforges in chat from +10 lol.

TheYanger

I don't like how turalyon doesn't evne attempt to sound similar to WC2.

Oh, interesting.

Wait so a +10 is the same as like a +14 as far as loot?

10 last week and for the near future is the same as +15 was before, in the sense that it's the highest you need to do. They squished the difficulty down. This is the second time they've done it this expansion. So a +10 last week got you a 935 today. Or anything higher also got you an M10 935. But starting today an M10 is just as hard as a 15 was before, maybe harder idk. But not much.

Finaj

To be fair, the voice acting in WC1 and 2 was really poor. I don't mind Blizz changing the voices completely if it means higher quality.

Top Bottom