• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World's Top 50 Restaurants 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fivefold

Banned
It's nothing special, to be honest. I never even knew it had international fame.

I guess the atmosphere is cool.

Man, Maní is pretty good, it's one of the places I always go to in Sampa (the others are Mocotó and Dalva & Dito - DOM is too expensive for me to go when I'm paying).

You gotta get the tasting menu though, the standard A La Carte options are not that interesting.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
one of these days I'm going to dress up like a toff and enter Dinner, walking with overconfidence like a boss

nib95

Banned
Not a fan of Nomas dishes or style based on what I've seen in the Masterchef episodes. All that naturist, barely call it cooked rubbish.

Surprised to see Fat Duck fall so aggressively.

Fivefold

Banned
Oh and the list is definitely missing Shopsin's in NY.

That place has literally the most glorious menu on earth (and they kick out hipsters seemingly at random, which is always a plus).

Ekdrm2d1

It's only May 1st and they're calling "best of 2013" already? Should be compiled during the whole year of 2012 and released in 2013 as "best of 2012."
Edit: I see though. Just nit picking.

Ctrl F'd for "Houston" and nothing :p

Estocolmo

I live in Stockholm and #12 is a restaurant here but damn, the prices are so high...I would really like to try it out but 120€ ???

valeo

I've been to quite a few 'expensive' restaurants like the ones on this list - to me, there's only so far food can go. Chef's becoming celebrities kind of boggles the mind, honestly.

Talon

Michelin hasn't made their way to Atlanta yet. Atlanta is pretty casual too, and "pretentious" type restaurants have mostly died out there in favor of more laid back places that serve great food, but at 1/4 the price.
Atlanta's food scene can't compete, man. I mean, I'm from here and everything, but even Nashville and Charleston are ahead of Atlanta.

People here have simpler palates than Chicago and San Fran.

andycapps

Atlanta's food scene can't compete, man. I mean, I'm from here and everything, but even Nashville and Charleston are ahead of Atlanta.

People here have simpler palates than Chicago and San Fran.

True on both counts. I think there's some good stuff there, but it's not exactly a food mecca for high end dining. Michelin does seem to be pretty French cuisine focused, and I can't see those restaurants doing well there at all.

Parallacs

My dislike of mayonaise and sour cream would cripple me at any of these restaurants.

It is embarrasing when I go out to eat. I'm always asking my wife, "Does this have mayo? If it does I'm not eating it."

thomaser

Any of these in London?

Edit: The Ledbury and Dinner by Heston Blumenthal. The latter has available tables when I'm going there in a few weeks, so maybe I'll try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom