• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Controllers

Breakage

feab16ed18.jpg

This is easily the worst controller I've ever held in my hands.

Granted, it's still probably better than some of the controllers on older (pre-NES) or less popular systems, like the CD-i.
I don't understand why this pad is hated so much. The D-pad is awful, but the controller is satisfyingly​ solid and comfortable. As someone with small hands, it made me feel like an American who enjoys super-sized meals and trucks with big engines.

I don't understand why this pad is hated so much. The D-pad is awful, but the controller is satisfyingly​ solid and comfortable. As someone with small hands, it made me feel like an American who enjoys super-sized meals and trucks with big engines.

I always liked this beefy original controller. It felt good in my big American corn fed hands. It was Ford F 150 of controllers.

The only controller ever made that I can grab with a full grip and every one of my fingers sits comfortably for a long play session. The black/white and the Dpad are the only knocks I have

whalesex

Neo Member
I have to imagine there are quite a few young'uns in this thread. If the Dual Shock 3/4 are the worst controllers you've used, you definitely have some history to visit. While the DS 2/3 was a pain for certain types of games (FPS's especially) it was great for others (ie SSX and Tony Hawk). Granted, I dislike the cheap feeling of the controllers but they're nowhere in the league of the majority of stuff listed here.

Also, the DS 4 might be tied with the Xbox 360 controller for my favorite of all time.

KingErich

Banned
Wii Remote! Fuck motion controls. And to hell with using it sideways. It made Mario Bros Wii a failure. Especially when you had to jerk the controller to get Mario to jump.

N64 wasn't bad, it was just awkward.

DPB

I don't think it's terrible either, I don't have huge hands and I've long thought that the reports of its size were over-exaggerated. Using a controller that's slightly too big is still far more comfortable than being cramped around a tiny controller (handhelds are the worst for this).

That said, the button layout always felt strange after years of using the SNES-style cross layout or Mega Drive rows.

Top Bottom