• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Female Character Design in Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pick:

TIBW1ncl.jpg

Quiet from the Metal Gear series. Seriously the way they depict this "character" is borderline offensive!

What's yours GAF?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's Quiet.

She looks freaking awesome in her XOF uniform in the intro though.

ug0HlIl.png

Talha

I totally agree she can wear clothes and still be alive, if Kojima had done it Like Nier Automata it would been more acceptable

Lara_Croft_%282013%29.png

It's just a shameless, boring rip off of everything from pop culture combined. Whining to the ends of the earth too. And we had to lose an icon for it...

Bikini armour the thread tbh. Don't think I've seen a single bikini armour that doesn't look like shit and have obviously bland motivations for the design

Linkark07

Banned
Fire Emblem Awakening started the trend, but it got worse in Fates. The female armors are awful.

Camilla for example:

Vlaphor

Quiet and Ivy are two of my favorites, but chose what you will. For me, my most hated is

...this garbage ass character (reboot Lara Croft). Not only does she constantly switch between apathy and whining as a response to any external stimuli, but she's supposed to be the replacement for one of my favorite video game characters, original Lara Croft.

ROTR is the only time I've ever skipped cutscenes in a game because I couldn't stand the protagonist any more and I literally have zero enthusiasm for the next game in the franchise because I know it'll star her in it.

BiggNife

Quiet and Ivy are two of my favorites, but chose what you will. For me, my most hated is

...this garbage ass character (reboot Lara Croft). Not only does she constantly switch between apathy and whining as a response to any external stimuli, but she's supposed to be the replacement for one of my favorite video game characters, original Lara Croft.

ROTR is the only time I've ever skipped cutscenes in a game because I couldn't stand the protagonist any more and I literally have zero enthusiasm for the next game in the franchise because I know it'll star her in it.

This thread is about character design, not character writing. I can agree that Lara was pretty poorly written in ROTR but I think her reboot design is miles better than the older ones.

DemWalls

Sera from Inquisition. And I don't say this because she's not your typical hottie, I truly appreciate "average" looking characters. But something about her face in-game just looks terribly off. Oh, and her outfits generally look pretty bad.

Truth be told, though, what I said above is true for most of Inquisition's characters.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Hello, i'm a mechanic, my body is constantly gonna be exposed to substances that are not good for skin at all, I literally am never seen fixing a car, I do however, have scenes where I get to wipe the windshield:

Hi, I'm the ultimate culmination of my creator's decade long downward spiral when it comes to the representation of women, I literally can't talk or wear clothing or else i'll fucking die, btw, I will literally strip what little clothing I have and pose for you like a fucking animal with dead eyes if you take me with on your missions, please pay no attention to my rape scenes or the fact that I literally spend large chunks of the game inside a cage:

Hi, my designer literally gave up:

Hi, I'm a racist stereotype where turning evil literally turns my skin dark, gives me tribal tattoos, and increases my breast size, I literally turned evil because the hero who i've never met won't love me:
cia02jpg-b9976c_1280w.jpg

composite2TR9.png

Bland, boring, generic, grey, uninspired, uncreative, unattractive, non-feminine, terrible.
What? Also uncreative literally compared to what?. A long running line of tit ninjas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom