• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst pre-reveal console, handheld, and controller mockups

MAtgS

Another NX Design HAHA

nintendo-nx-concept-2015-roku-3-mario-hat-pro-controller-davesgeekyideas-dave-delisle1.png

Watch as US only gets the black Mario hat.

Had former friends who we adamant about Microsoft entering the handheld business. They saw a picture in some Xbox magazine along with a list of rumors, and were hellbent on buying it the next year when it would supposedly launch.

GW658H344

And yes, this is the exact same image they showed me. They were dead serious.

Maxey

Had former friends who we adamant about Microsoft entering the handheld business. They saw a picture in some Xbox magazine along with a list of rumors, and were hellbent on buying it the next year when it would supposedly launch.

GW658H344

Looks more comfortable than current handhelds, at least.

xzeldax3

GW658H344

How could he not realize it was just a widened 360 controller?????

ViciousDS

Banned

Add in that Nvidia Green and this thing wouldn't look that far off actually from the Nvidia Shield lol

I actually like the design a lot

you guys see mock ups by folks for the PS5? lol

I truly believe that console power in the future will not be the driving sales but features of said console. I'm not talking like the xbox where TV was the center point.

But Sony has the share button this generation which is absolutely an insane step over Microsoft's version of it. It is by far the most ingenious idea this generation. Maybe holo notifications are the next step?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hm, maybe that's all this is. I just assumed with the "Nexus" name that it was trying to be "NX". It certainly does look like a mockup from the past.
Came in here to say that the first image was totally from the pre-Gamecube days being re-used for the NX. lol
Actually I remembered incorrectly, it was a mock-up for what eventually would be the Wii years later. It's from ~2003 or thereabouts. Originated on the IGN boards.

2004 GAF evidence:

The Nexus was made by an IGN boards user named Paladin69, if I remember correctly. Completely fake, but completely professional too. He's quite the talent.

Found it. :)

043506big.jpg

Looks like a real blend between the N64 and the GC.

DrArchon

Designs like this confuse me so much. Don't these people know that they're making a video game console, not a piece of modern art? Or some weird sci-fi spaceship. I mean, I think the XBO looks kinda boring, but at least it looks functional. I can't imagine putting this in my living room.

Mock ups that's trying to look futuristic has got to be the worse.

url-32.jpeg

How the fuck are going to fit anything inside that is that small?

Banned
First image is huge...lol

PS4

Nintendo "Revolution"
fake-revolution--article_image.jpg

Xbox 720
xbox-720-console-design-i2.jpg

Edit**

Another NX Design HAHA

nintendo-nx-concept-2015-roku-3-mario-hat-pro-controller-davesgeekyideas-dave-delisle1.png
Sorry bro, that NX one is incredible. The cartridge slot, colors and shape. And Nintendo could sell different sku's like Luigi, Samus helmet, Arwing, etc.

Ducktail

Does anybody have/remember that "xbox portable" created by a demented user called SM or Segamaniaco?

It was atrocious - it even featured a back SCREEN. Yup, a back screen.

Ithil

Whenever a new console is on the horizon, there tends to be a flood of mockup images created for what people think it will look like - sometimes masquerading as the real deal. They are often just fucking atrocious. Let's post them here.
Here's a PlayStation 4:
7lVhZN2.jpg

Like, what in the fuck

$_35.JPG

Faiz

I reeeaaallllyyyy hope that patent mock up is fake. Buttons are to be pressed and off the screen not touch bullshit.

Most of the buttons are physical buttons going through holes in an extra-wide screen. The space between the buttons is about the size of the typical screen - making the rest of the device more involved and allowing the ability to place added touch features so commonly placed on the DS/3DS touch screen to be closer in proximity to the physical ones. The idea here isn't moving buttons onto the screen, it's expanding the screen to encompass the buttons.

I hope the picture is close to truth. It's more convenient and the effect of is absolutely striking.

CassSept

Whenever a new console is on the horizon, there tends to be a flood of mockup images created for what people think it will look like - sometimes masquerading as the real deal. They are often just fucking atrocious. Let's post them here.

I bet we all hope the NX looks like this:
MZJJRZ0.jpg

It's already been pointed out this was made for Wii rather than NX, but I just wanted to add that it was quite an impressive mock-up for the time when it was created.

The parody mockups created after DS reveal were gold though

nintendobs.jpg

Super Gamer once had a mockup of the original PSX back in '94 that was literally one of those babies fun centre things, with a wheel, buttons that make noises, etc.

Their rationale was that it was a "play station"

One of these days I'll dig through my old mags and make a scan of it

sdconvoy

It's already been pointed out this was made for Wii rather than NX, but I just wanted to add that it was quite an impressive mock-up for the time when it was created.

The parody mockups created after DS reveal were gold though

nintendobs.jpg

Where's the tanning bed?

Top Bottom