• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Trends To Ever Catch On

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

The home of those things everybody loved but you wished had never seen the light of day.

Crazy Frog aka Stupid Animal Ringtones
13339854_1e2403c4d8.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNnRGtVkr6E(NSFW)
The original Annoying Thing was a smash hit used by Jamster to market their ridiculous mobile tone subscription services. This spawned the Crazy Frog, which began the annoying trend of animal tones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85mRPqvMbE
Crazy Frog then became multiple albums containing remixes of classics, even butchering a Queen song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_IAqwrvEuU
Crazy Frog was so popular that it launched two video games based on the frog.
Crazy%20Frog%20Racer%202-1.jpg

This lead to a swarm of similar singing animal tones that thankfully has seemed to have run its course.

So which popular trends drive you insane?

jgminto said:
The home of those things everybody loved but you wished had never seen the light of day.

So which popular trends drive you insane?

Am I going crazy or are there nads in the first image there?

jgminto

Patrick Bateman said:
Hasn't the Crazy Frog-trend died like 2-3 years ago?
Yes, thank god but it was popular for quite a while.

AbsoluteZero said:
Am I going crazy or are there nads in the first image there?
Nope, Crazy Frog originally had genitals but was neutered as to not offend the kiddies.

Bossun

Hipster mustache.

hipster-mustache-brigade1.jpg

Went to a concert almost everyone had one. Kind of like a poor Freddy Mercury.
It was fairly ridiculous.

Internet memes making their way into mainstream media and the real-world approximately several years after everyone online got tired of them. An by extension, 4chan memes making their way onto the rest of the net approximately several years after everybody on 4chan (besides /b/) got tired of them.

Wes

venison crêpe
Personally speaking: Dubstep. I want to be able to like it and I can appreciate the talent that makes it but currently I think it's just plain awful.

Alucrid

Banned
People hating on skinny jeans clearly can't wear them, merely have no style, or think skinny means nut hugging skin tight.

jgminto

Another annoying trend.

Films that have the title "_____ Movie"
scary_movie_15275.jpg

Scary Movie(s), Epic Movie, Superhero Movie, Disaster Movie

90% of these movies are terrible, the rest are borderline decent. They took a film style that wasn't original when they started, used the most childish sense of humour and milked it for years, continuously getting worse with each iteration.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I thought the vuvuzelas were funny as hell. And I had a crazy frog plushie that would make an absurdly annoying noise (the vocal sample used in the song, I think) when you squeezed it, drove my friends crazy with it. so... FUCK ALL Y'ALL

Wes said:
Personally speaking: Dubstep. I want to be able to like it and I can appreciate the talent that makes it but currently I think it's just plain awful.
Oh that's a good one.

All the people complaining about other people's clothing styles, I always wonder "why the fuck do you care?". But with dubstep, it personally affects me. The music style is slowly taking over the places I normally go to to party and have a good time. I want to like it, but I just can't enjoy myself on it. It's like the songs are permanently stuck in the breakdown part. :-/

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
pretty much any jean-related trend. Sagging. Super-baggy. Super-skinny. Rolling up the cuffs. You all look fucking stupid. [nbc_the-more-you-know]

Kabouter

Another vote for the vuvuzela, second after terrible football as causes for ruining the 2010 World Cup. The noise just went on and on and on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom